New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
Let's hope it is just a case of him being disappointed in his performance. In a team environment, you are going to have different personalities and people who react in different ways. Some will be a bit temperamental.

However, history does show in this competition when you see things shot down like we are seeing from his manager or from the club. There is something to it. You often see player X is committed to the club. The player asks where the rumours are coming from. Then it ends up happening. We had that with Curran over the off-season.

When they made the compromise to see out the year it was either going to go smoothly or we'd occasionally hear about issues or additional requests to leave and he'd likely get released.

If he needs to be in Sydney we have a bye coming up. A perfect time for him to have some time off. I'd say he either comes back and this is all put to bed. Or he ends up getting released. The wait until the Cowboys team naming could be a long one.

I have avoided commenting on Addin but can't help wondering if Egan being made Captain last week ruffled his feathers?
Have also noticed all year that after he scores a try players rush up to congratulate him and he brushes them off and walks away with a nonchalant look on his face.
I don't see why!? He's not part of our team going forward, why would the club make him captain when he's leaving!

That's just nuts to me, and if true then he can fuck off already. I think we will be okay without him this year.

I agree if he is doing this to sabotage his career then it’s a dog. But his manager states that’s not the case. My issue is that everyone is speculating about what’s happening with no clear evidence. That’s what I have a problem with. Calling his mental health and his wife in the equation which to me is non of our business. I get that we are passionate about our team but we need to know where and when we’ve crossed the line.

Ok

So if we dont want to go down the wife or mental health route that only leaves him as a immature prick trying to get an early release…

Let's hope it is just a case of him being disappointed in his performance. In a team environment, you are going to have different personalities and people who react in different ways. Some will be a bit temperamental.

However, history does show in this competition when you see things shot down like we are seeing from his manager or from the club. There is something to it. You often see player X is committed to the club. The player asks where the rumours are coming from. Then it ends up happening. We had that with Curran over the off-season.

When they made the compromise to see out the year it was either going to go smoothly or we'd occasionally hear about issues or additional requests to leave and he'd likely get released.

If he needs to be in Sydney we have a bye coming up. A perfect time for him to have some time off. I'd say he either comes back and this is all put to bed. Or he ends up getting released. The wait until the Cowboys team naming could be a long one.
You don’t seriously believe it’s because he was “disappointed” in his own performance do you???… immediately after the game? When he controls his own actions and performances? So he self reflected right after the game- realised what a disappointment he was and thought it was better he didn’t show up to the team celebrations?…. Makes no sense at all..

Missing the coach's address?

Maybe Webby is just overreacting, FFS Webby, his family member is ill, show some compassion dude, why pass on the rib PR and throw Addin to the wolves? What a terrible coach
I didn't say I disagree with the disciplinary action at all, I agree with it..

Reactions: CWC
I didn't choose the scrotum life, the scrotum life chose me. Would have preferred to be Shaun Johnson's ball bag but the position was already taken sadly.
WTF omg so bloody funny, my wife would have a fit (laughing) for all the shenanigans on this forum, ball bag??? imagine if they had a womens forum, actually I don't even want to think what they'll be saying on it (shudder, horror!!!) lol

You don’t seriously believe it’s because he was “disappointed” in his own performance do you???… immediately after the game? When he controls his own actions and performances? So he self reflected right after the game- realised what a disappointment he was and thought it was better he didn’t show up to the team celebrations?…. Makes no sense at all..
Read the rest of the post. Like I said history shows when you hear about not wanting a release or player not leaving it often ends up happening.

We have had that as far back as Wade McKinnon who had no idea about where the rumours he was leaving to the Tigers were coming from.

Even this offseason Curran was refuting rumours he was signing with the Bulldogs.

Read the rest of the post. Like I said history shows when you hear about not wanting a release or player not leaving it often ends up happening.

We have had that as far back as Wade McKinnon who had no idea about where the rumours he was leaving to the Tigers were coming from.

Even this offseason Curran was refuting rumours he was signing with the Bulldogs.

Sorry mate, hard to read, type and walk at the same time 😂….. 👀

Geez you lot are quick to get the pitchforks!
Dude had a bad game by his standards and went off for a bit of a sulk, probably just a spur of the moment reaction and didn’t think it through. Hopefully that’s all there is to it

Anyone else I'd say give him a break but there's certainly precedent here.

Someone pointed out last year he looked off and wasn't celebrating with the team (can't remember what game) and it could be a sign of something more. He was told he's reading in to things. Nek minute he asks for a release.

The same thing happens again, in a game where we needed him most and he shits the bed, not only that but walks off and breaches team protocols.

Even now, after the bs press release his manager puts out there's STILL talk he'll be gone by the time our bye is complete.

Maybe everyone around here are salty and are being unreasonable, but I think it's more likely that AFB has given up the ghost and he doesn't want to be here any more.

It just so happens that his shit game has come against the best team in the comp where weve had a miracle win, which highlights his poor effort even more.

I hope we're all wrong and he comes out and makes 300m and two tries against the Cowboys, but I'm not so sure

His body language does look much more down trodden and apathetic as compared to 2023, barely any celebrations from his tries barring round 1.
except for his "this is a piece of cake" gestures after every one of his tries. I noticed some of the roosters copying him after their tries

'ss
mate, just read the last 5 pages here and tell me you guys arent putting the boot into the him
I
I have avoided commenting on Addin but can't help wondering if Egan being made Captain last week ruffled his feathers?
Have also noticed all year that after he scores a try players rush up to congratulate him and he brushes them off and walks away with a nonchalant look on his face.

When was that photo taken, cause it wasn't magic round?
Judging from the player running back, it was in the Manly game

Sounds like you're adding two rumours together (one which has no substance I might add) to create a new rumour
Until the truth comes out many scenarios are plausible. I said in the pre season I was concerned about him staying invested for the season though was shot down pretty swiftly that no way would he do that. Looking back though, he committed himself in the pre season publicly to try all he can to leave on a high and show the young guys the ins and outs, so what’s changed between then and now? Being that our maiden premiership looks unlikely this season, would he be hoping to go to the top of the table teams that he’s going to next year early in hopes of a premiership? The older these guys get that haven’t won a title must feel like time is against them to pick one up

Anyone else I'd say give him a break but there's certainly precedent here.

Someone pointed out last year he looked off and wasn't celebrating with the team (can't remember what game) and it could be a sign of something more. He was told he's reading in to things. Nek minute he asks for a release.

The same thing happens again, in a game where we needed him most and he shits the bed, not only that but walks off and breaches team protocols.

Even now, after the bs press release his manager puts out there's STILL talk he'll be gone by the time our bye is complete.

Maybe everyone around here are salty and are being unreasonable, but I think it's more likely that AFB has given up the ghost and he doesn't want to be here any more.

It just so happens that his shit game has come against the best team in the comp where weve had a miracle win, which highlights his poor effort even more.

I hope we're all wrong and he comes out and makes 300m and two tries against the Cowboys, but I'm not so sure

Imagine he crapped the bed against the 3x premiers, the boys followed him and lose by 50, and he skips coach's address

The headlines could easily have been "Wahs destroyed by 50, 6 straight non-wins, Webster under pressure, now top player skips address, player revolt?"

Some shenanigans going on there, his request for immediate release a few months ago just leaked to the media and put Warriors under pressure too