New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
One of my favourite Warriors to put on the jersey.
Webby and the club were nothing but supportive and letting him leave with our blessing.
Just shithouse to see this go sideways.
Be good to find out the details eventually but I have a gut feeling that it’s his side that’s letting this relationship go down the toilet.

Wonder if the hold up is the Warriors seeing what they can get for him?
They won’t get anything for him.

It’s probably just posturing at this point, giving him some time to change his mind or working out the T&C’s (i.e. not playing in games against us etc)

They won’t get anything for him.

It’s probably just posturing at this point, giving him some time to change his mind or working out the T&C’s (i.e. not playing in games against us etc)
I could see a team like the bulldogs or dragons keen on him for the remainder of the season. Only problem is neither of those teams have any players coming of contact of interest that we could get early wth June transfers. I’m not convinced that the sharks would want him early in case it causes disruption in what they’ve got going? Their front rowers have aimed up this year knowing AFB’s arrival is imminent and him coming in and taking someone’s spot could see some dropped lips? The best outcome for us would be a trade for Oregon Kaufusi. Jack Williams would be disappointing

I could see a team like the bulldogs or dragons keen on him for the remainder of the season. Only problem is neither of those teams have any players coming of contact of interest that we could get early wth June transfers. I’m not convinced that the sharks would want him early in case it causes disruption in what they’ve got going? Their front rowers have aimed up this year knowing AFB’s arrival is imminent and him coming in and taking someone’s spot could see some dropped lips? The best outcome for us would be a trade for Oregon Kaufusi. Jack Williams would be disappointing

Swap for Lomax ‘25 to play prop 🤣🤣

I would trade him to the Sharks now for a good prop if that means disrupting their team culture lol, might do a Broncos 2022, No.1 team then 8 losses in a row to crash out of the top 8

Sharks bald suits will be too unaware and take the bite

Wonder if the hold up is the Warriors seeing what they can get for him?

Hard to say, it's either a clean break or he is staying and either of the two is probably taking time to sort out.

I think it's very hard to get anyone without additional years contract. Who is going to come here for 5 months? (that we want)

But sign them for 1.5 years and it's looks a bit more attractive - so we can't just do that for anyone.

The Bye has really come at the perfect time for this, blessed with an additional week to sort it (which is a lifetime in the NRL!).

Hard to say, it's either a clean break or he is staying and either of the two is probably taking time to sort out.

I think it's very hard to get anyone without additional years contract. Who is going to come here for 5 months? (that we want)

But sign them for 1.5 years and it's looks a bit more attractive - so we can't just do that for anyone.

The Bye has really come at the perfect time for this, blessed with an additional week to sort it (which is a lifetime in the NRL!).
What about that backflipper Toby Rudolph, anyone still keen on him? Maybe his granny's made a miraculous recovery.

What about that backflipper Toby Rudolph, anyone still keen on him?

Take whatever you can get for the rest of the season.

Best case you improve the squad.

Worst case they don't fit and move on end of the year.

AFB ain't playing this week, and won't play again if he is to leave so nothing wrong with getting someone in return for the rest of the year.

I'll throw a name out so you can all laugh at me... Go get Tevita Pangai-Junior!

Take whatever you can get for the rest of the season.

Best case you improve the squad.

Worst case they don't fit and move on end of the year.

AFB ain't playing this week, and won't play again if he is to leave so nothing wrong with getting someone in return for the rest of the year.
Agre 100% with your post and edited out that moment of insanity at the end

Maybe the guy was just devo after a bad performance, tbf to the guy , I've had shit shifts and just fucked off after without saying goodbye...
We really do hold these guys to higher standards than ourselves.

Yes, professional athletes are held to high standards.

That's why they get the big bucks.

I've never really understood the comparison of being a pro sports player and a regular job - "If I do that at my job..."

Professional sports teams are really more like joining the army. Standards and consequences etc. The best teams often coached by drill seargant like men.

How do you reckon it would go for you skipping a debrief in the army? 😅