Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

Don’t like at all where this has the potential to go diplomatically, the Pacific needs to be a united front with the ever growing threat of conflict. It was put to Collins that Samoan officials have said 200,000 litres has made its way out to which she disputed after footage showed a trickle making its way out. She of course did concede that any is bad. The timing really couldn’t be any worse with the Kings arrival imminent and world spotlight on Samoa. The ocean is such an important commodity to the Islands that everyone needs to be united in the response to this disaster
Our saving grace could be that we were there for free? donating a service to help them with no benefit for ourselves.

They wouldn't want to be seen to be ungrateful and put future support at risk?

If the end result becomes wtf were we there and why did we bother, from first world countries… Samoa loses

NZWarriors.com
Our saving grace could be that we were there for free? donating a service to help them with no benefit for ourselves.

They wouldn't want to be seen to be ungrateful and put future support at risk?

If the end result becomes wtf were we there and why did we bother, from first world countries… Samoa loses
Not sure I share that sentiment. This is deeply embarrassing and disastrous for a region that relies heavily on its fisheries

On the political spectrum I’m very socially left and economically right. I align most closely with Nz First on straight policy - although never voter for them due to the Peters factor.
Do you get conflicted by your opposing inner voices, the delusional libtard in one ear and the shameless populist in the other, like an eternal struggle?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I think one of NZs biggest issues heading towards 2030 will be how can we bounce out of this recession without immigration?

Im personally on the side that immigration needs to slow tf down, and let us catch up and the previous govt allowed far too many in, to prop up their GDP numbers. However, we’ve lost so much kiwi talent aboard, in their prime years (25-45) due to the shitshow that nz is in right now. How are we going to innovate and grow out of this recession when most of our talent has gapped it?

I’m seeing this out, I’m early 30s young professional living in Auckland, and whilst the grass is always greener, I enjoy nz & see a future here. But I am concerned with all this talent we’re losing, and that we’ve brought in far too many low skilled workers from overseas. It’s never made sense to me, aside from the fact that the govt needed to inflate the gdp numbers to look better than we were
I agree with the sentiment, infrastructure isn't keeping up with immigration. But we are also losing people we soult be trying to keep.

It's not a labour thing, historically I would think it's just as high under national, they both use immigration to prop up growth.

You need spending on infrastructure to cater for more people, labour spend the money but don't have the management nous to make sure it gets used properly without wastage; national aren't spending at all but are opening up immigration without more houses, roads, ferries etc.

Not sure I share that sentiment. This is deeply embarrassing and disastrous for a region that relies heavily on its fisheries
It will all boil down to what actually causes it.

Accidents happen. Ships sink all over the place all the time.

But was it a preventable accident?

On that, surely surveying ships would have the best tech for detecting the bottom. HTF did it actually happen???

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
It will all boil down to what actually causes it.

Accidents happen. Ships sink all over the place all the time.

But was it a preventable accident?

On that, surely surveying ships would have the best tech for detecting the bottom. HTF did it actually happen???

Only after the Inquiry is finalised will the facts be known.Its how & what they divulge to the public is the interesting thing for me.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Bit of a worry with rental prices already high to ease foreign ownership of houses. Feel like it has the potential to push them higher again
Shouldn't bother any of us.
He is looking at letting high worth individuals buy here as part of an immigration package. A lousy $20m isn't going to be anywhere near enough so shouldn't push up rents in Manurewa, Ranui or Birkdale.

I just can’t understand this woman. Gave her the benefit of doubt that something was causing this odd behaviour but came to the conclusion that she’s just a thief. She doesn’t deserve any consideration in my eyes to reconsider the verdict. That’s not to say I’m sure she experiences some vile people online and in life due to her background but I don’t see how that could drive you to steal

I just can’t understand this woman. Gave her the benefit of doubt that something was causing this odd behaviour but came to the conclusion that she’s just a thief. She doesn’t deserve any consideration in my eyes to reconsider the verdict. That’s not to say I’m sure she experiences some vile people online and in life due to her background but I don’t see how that could drive you to steal
I don't pretend to understand anyone's mental illnesses, especially kleptomania, if that's what it is. "No reason to get excited said the kleptomaniac to the thief, I know a good lawyer."

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I don't pretend to understand anyone's mental illnesses, especially kleptomania, if that's what it is. "No reason to get excited said the kleptomaniac to the thief, I know a good lawyer."
She plead guilty. She is guilty.

Kleptomania is no defence, even if she suffers from it. For mental health issues you need to prove that a mental disorder prevented you from understanding the nature of the law, or prevented you from understanding that it was wrong.

Kleptomaniacs (or stress or PTSD, etc) generally understand perfectly well what they're doing, and that it's criminal.

She’s just trying to get a lower penalty and using anything that creates some pity. A full mix of mental health; traumatic upbringing; stress of the job; impact of future employment options; international work affected; etc.

Boo hoo. She was competent enough to put herself forward as an MP in elections merely 3 months earlier.

Boo hoo. She was competent enough to put herself forward as an MP in elections merely 3 months earlier.
Not sure if she was actually competent to do that. She wasn't even a competent thief, how did she expect to succeed as a politician. But yeah her lawyer's just doing her job.

That diagnosis has a pretty bad prognosis. Knowing it's wrong doesn't help her stop pinching things, the poor woman. Screenshot_20241015-005825_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Back