Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
more polls yadda yadda,
what i find absolutely mind blowing though, is in the preferred prime minister part toward the bottom, swarbrick for all her social media presence and her good guys save the world from the rich darlingness is only on the same 6% as rotten old winnie.

crazy. i’d have thought she’d be much more popular than peters.
grim.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Turns out businesses surveyed, i.e. corporates, thing cgt is a good idea in nz

The tax cut, a convenient reduction in tax take that allows the government to point to privatisation as the answer because their hands are tied by a convenient situation of their own making is a con

This government are selling us out and selling us off. We've been here before. Neoliberalism and it's far right idealogues in the National and Act party are pure poison to most of us, and manna to the wealthy. They are fucking us over. Completely.

Did any of the usual commenters on here vote for privatisation?

1728959774685.png

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Turns out businesses surveyed, i.e. corporates, thing cgt is a good idea in nz

The tax cut, a convenient reduction in tax take that allows the government to point to privatisation as the answer because their hands are tied by a convenient situation of their own making is a con

This government are selling us out and selling us off. We've been here before. Neoliberalism and it's far right idealogues in the National and Act party are pure poison to most of us, and manna to the wealthy. They are fucking us over. Completely.

View attachment 9833
What's interesting is that the question was do those responding think that something like a CGT would help with the government deficit. In answering the question, responses also included selling assets, privatisation, a rise in GST, income tax decreases and more public-private partnerships.... the very things Wilson is opposed too. Pity he decided to only take a small part of their responses that he liked and ignored the rest that he wouldn't.

What's interesting is that the question was do those responding think that something like a CGT would help with the government deficit. In answering the question, responses also included selling assets, privatisation, a rise in GST, income tax decreases and more public-private partnerships.... the very things Wilson is opposed too. Pity he decided to only take a small part of their responses that he liked and ignored the rest that he wouldn't.
sure Mike, sure.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

View attachment 9833
No, I didn't vote for that. However, if it works better than the present situation and is cost effective, I don't mind. I would tend to watch and see how it goes and if it looks well run and profitable. I'd buy shares in the venture.
Imagine being able to buy shares in customs. Those long ques when returning to NZ would be heart warming instead of frustrating.

Meanwhile this authoritarian government are subverting democracy even more by threatening to take over Wellington council

Meanwhile, privatisation continues apace -
The members on here from Tauranga would know more on this. But didn't the last government do something similar with the Tauranga Council. Appointing Commissioners?

On 9 February 2021, a Crown Commission appointed by the Minister of Local Government took over all of the council’s governance responsibilities, initially for a term until October 2022.

Local Government Minister Nanaia Mahuta reappointed the existing four commissioners for a commission term running from 26 April 2022 through until July 2024, when the next local election for Tauranga City Council was held.

No, I didn't vote for that. However, if it works better than the present situation and is cost effective, I don't mind. I would tend to watch and see how it goes and if it looks well run and profitable. I'd buy shares in the venture.
Imagine being able to buy shares in customs. Those long ques when returning to NZ would be heart warming instead of frustrating.
The problem, and there are many problems, is that we've been here before and we are still suffering - electricity, telecoms, water are three of many examples.

And there are oh so many examples overseas of wealth extraction with no investment back into the infrastructure.

And all of the problems we currently face? Underfunded in every sector.

Manufactured crises on multiple fronts.

Neolib ideology.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Thanks for the honesty though Dean re: voting

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Willis should have printed the money to pay the deficit shortfall on the tax deductibility changes. Private banks do it all the time. Not that our debt levels are bad anyway.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The coalition wants to sell Wellington Airport - they are of the rich, by the rich, for the rich
wrong as usual.
you don’t even read the shit you post.

“The plan to sell the airport shares had already been agreed in the council’s long term plan.”

in all honesty, i don’t know anyone here in wellington that isn’t excited to see the back of mayor whanau. not only is she a terrible mayor. she’s a vile human.

“Right-leaning councillors typically in favour of asset sales fear the council will “squander” the money, and their left leaning anti-privatisation counterparts are turning their backs on their ideology.

Meanwhile, mayor Tory Whanau, a Green, has championed the sale.”

CORRUPTION!
NEOLIBRALISM!
ETC!!!

Last edited:
Back