• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Are you trying to actively rewrite history Dean?
Anyone who focuses on the treaty as the way to the future is stuffed before they even start. The treaty is Stockholm’s syndrome on paper.

When university professors get overseas trip based on being Maori, when they are smarter and better paid than most of us, there is no leg up, just racism and division.

NZWarriors.com
Anyone who focuses on the treaty as the way to the future is stuffed before they even start. The treaty is Stockholm’s syndrome on paper.

When university professors get overseas trip based on being Maori, when they are smarter and better paid than most of us, there is no leg up, just racism and division.
Entitlement. "I deserve X because Y"

Its 2024, you deserve nothing but what you earn with your two hands.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
How do we reckon David Seymour will react when the man who was ACTing up with kids losses his name suppression?
It'll be a stern test of his leadership
Wasn’t even an MP, even though high up in the party. Doesn’t have public name recognition, although the left will suddenly paint him as super important…

Our elected MP’s are 10x as accountable to the public as unelected behind the scenes party hacks.

In saying that, it will be interesting seeing Seymour under pressure!

Last edited:
Serious question - how would life be any different it there was no treaty, as other countries have.

I have no position, just interested in how the Treaty has made Nz better?
To give background I believe support should be based needs eg socio economic factors. Your poor and in need from a dysfunctional household, it doesn’t matter about what race you are.

There are Maori that are thriving and dont need any support and white people in more desperate need than the average Maori. Needs based.

Some in the left call for means testing of super. Isn’t assuming all Maori need extra support similarly untargeted and denies more for those that need it most?

Isn’t saying all Maori need extra support, just because they are Maori, labelling with similar racist thinking like saying all Maori are dole bludgers?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Serious question - how would life be any different it there was no treaty, as other countries have.

I have no position, just interested in how the Treaty has made Nz better?
It doesn't need to be defended on those terms. It's what was agreed. Seymour's argument is an argument for why we SHOULDN'T WANT the Treaty as was agreed. That's fine, but for a treaty to be abolished or changed both parties have to agree. Māori will not agree to that.

It doesn't need to be defended on those terms. It's what was agreed. Seymour's argument is an argument for why we SHOULDN'T WANT the Treaty as was agreed. That's fine, but for a treaty to be abolished or changed both parties have to agree. Māori will not agree to that.
I believe generally everyone’s equal and believe the treaty is holding Maori back. I believe there is huge support for removing race based policy and I think in long term they actually hurt Maori.

But I don’t actually support ACts amendments as it’s to divisive. Any progress needs to be Maori led.

On the flip side I don’t believe in reinterpreting the treaty as has recently been done in todays context either.

maori won’t get to agree or disagree with it anyway.
the prime minister has said repeatedly he will not support it past the agreed upon first reading.

so what is it you’re upset about?

wasted tax payer dollars?
weasley little seymour getting airtime?
rawiri waititi calling for all maori to ‘activate’ telling them they’re genetically superior and being all round inflammatory, all the while knowing it’s a non event?

also, it’s weird having the same conversation with you on these three new accounts that are the only ones that agree with you. please just stick to your original MT8 account. makes life so much easier.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
the prime minister has said repeatedly he will not support it past the agreed upon first reading.

rawiri waititi calling for all maori to ‘activate’ telling them they’re genetically superior and being all round inflammatory, all the while knowing it’s a non event?

also, it’s weird having the same conversation with you on these three new accounts that are the only ones that agree with you. please just stick to your original MT8 account. makes life so much easier.
Conspiracy theory fail man. Just the one account.

I believe generally everyone’s equal and believe the treaty is holding Maori back. I believe there is huge support for removing race based policy and I think in long term they actually hurt Maori.

But I don’t actually support ACts amendments as it’s to divisive. Any progress needs to be Maori led.

On the flip side I don’t believe in reinterpreting the treaty as has recently been done in todays context either.
So you'd prefer to abandon the principles ( a compromise) and take the treaty as written, i.e māori retain sovereignty?

All the gibberish out in force this morning

Rewriting history, as ACT is trying to do. The thing is, while you lot blather on about one nation for all, (the catch cry of the racist btw) what's the real agenda? How about the backers of ACT (and National) looking to remove the restraints and protections the treaty offers so they can extract more wealth and resource for great profit, and great damage to our society.

How about removing hard won gains and creating an even greater divide, highlighting a two and even three tier society and enriching the already privileged and wealthy.

Because that's really what this is all about.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

The conjecture comes because Seymour didnt engage with Maori or anyone qualified on this issue in shaping the bill.
Maori are a treaty PARTNER. It seems to be a rather large party of the equation people in this thread can't wrap their heads around.

Theres also the matter of the influence donors have with the Act Party and who is behind this (Hobson's Pledge and yes... The Atlas Network)

Also seeing how weak Luxon leadership has been allowing his coalition partners to walk all over him & how the proposal has been shifting is it really dead.

The conjecture comes because Seymour didnt engage with Maori or anyone qualified on this issue in shaping the bill.
Maori are a treaty PARTNER. It seems to be a rather large party of the equation people in this thread can't wrap their heads around.

Theres also the matter of the influence donors have with the Act Party and who is behind this (Hobson's Pledge and yes... The Atlas Network)

Also seeing how weak Luxon leadership has been allowing his coalition partners to walk all over him & how the proposal has been shifting is it really dead.
I have a suspicion as well that National are quite happy for the policies of ACT to go through, and for ACT to take the heat

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back