• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Total nonsense. Inflation has clearly been a global issue, few countries have escaped regardless of wage or monetary policy, paying people a decent wage is not the problem. It's about bloody time WORKERS earned a bit more. If your business depends on poverty wages, good riddance. The rich have been get richer and the rest standing still for decades. By the way low inflation is cold comfort when you're put out of work by the current government and at the same time told you're an undeserving bludger if you seek government support.
APS "employees" are hardly workers, produce 3/10s of fuck all. 90% of business's are small business with 0-3 employees and they certainly arent getting richer.

NZWarriors.com
Total nonsense. Inflation has clearly been a global issue, few countries have escaped regardless of wage or monetary policy, paying people a decent wage is not the problem. It's about bloody time WORKERS earned a bit more. If your business depends on poverty wages, good riddance. The rich have been get richer and the rest standing still for decades. By the way low inflation is cold comfort when you're put out of work by the current government and at the same time told you're an undeserving bludger if you seek government support.
With the massive minimum wage increases we’ve had, poverty and material hardship must have almost disappeared under Labour?

Or maybe you can’t just increase wages without an increase in productivity or it will just directly drive up costs and no one’s any better off?

I’m all for higher pay, but it’s achieved with highly productive companies in highly profitable industries. Eg Australia digging money out of the ground with huge machinery doing the donkey work and enabling huge wages.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Put it this way, as an owner of small business in Aus, there is zero chance I am employing someing to work weekends. Total cost to my business is $100/hr. Thats 16 workable hours lost 100% due to wage cost. It would be illegal for me to privately negotiate a cheaper rate with anyone. Multiple that out across a million small businesses..

Put it this way, as an owner of small business in Aus, there is zero chance I am employing someing to work weekends. Total cost to my business is $100/hr. Thats 16 workable hours lost 100% due to wage cost. It would be illegal for me to privately negotiate a cheaper rate with anyone. Multiple that out across a million small businesses..
Isn't everyone moving to Australia because of the greener pastures?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The ACT treaty principles bill is odd to me, how can you legislate not to honor something already agreed? And Seymour will know it has no legs so it's a waste of time and money so what is he up to with it? Is he just softening everyone up for something else that won't seem as bad after that?
And why did luxon agree to it in the coalition agreement, seems naive.

The ACT treaty principles bill is odd to me, how can you legislate not to honor something already agreed? And Seymour will know it has no legs so it's a waste of time and money so what is he up to with it? Is he just softening everyone up for something else that won't seem as bad after that?
And why did luxon agree to it in the coalition agreement, seems naive.
has there been anything saying act are not going to or don’t want to honor anything? genuine question.
i don’t pay act or NZF much mind.

seems everyone’s dining out on the topic but no one has much to say other than it’ll probably be really bad.

also winston is the fucking coalition master. they don’t call it king maker for nothing i guess.

imagine being beholden to someone like that?!
horrible cunt.
never seems to not get his way though.

Last edited:
Back