11.1%​
13Titans137
1Sea Eagles
11.2%​
3Eels163
3Eels
11.7%​
4Tigers166
Funny here I was thinking that that the best defense concedes the least points.

NZWarriors.com
The second table Line Breaks conceeded does.
Just to be clear, defence isn't the be all and end all. You still need to have an attack obviously. The point was that your play starts with your defence. That is widely held that defence is about attitude and you gain confidence from that which flows on to your attack. Generally held that you get your defence sorted first. When Daniel Anderson first came to the Warriors he focused on defence first. There are always going to be outliers or anomalies to this.

I'll stick to it though. If we sort our defence out and the attitude towards it we will improve our attack also and significantly in our results and position on the table.

Yes, more so.

So it’s where the tackles are missed that’s important?

Forgivable to miss a tackle in the pack if backups around. You have to hit and stick when your holding a line?
I don't know enough about League to unpack it but it is pretty Juicy data. The Warriors did have the right attitude on defence this year hence their low missed tackle rate. However Panthers and Bulldogs have a better structure so that less line breaks are conceded.

I would be all over this with non stop video analysis this off season to learn what we are doing wrong.
From my days in union it is nearly impossible to make a one on one spot tackle when just you and him. You have to move up as a line so that if he darts to the right or left he is just darting into another defender. It is about defending as a line and defending as a team.

The other comment I have to make is that other teams had cover defenders we just had channel and Jazz who would mop up half breaks. Any other time it was see you later try time after we conceded a line break while we got a line break they would shut it down like how they stopped Halasima's line break from being a try. We don't stop line breaks or have any second line of defence.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yes, more so.

Forgivable to miss a tackle in the pack if backups around. You have to hit and stick when your holding a line?
How many of those linebreaks did we not even attempt a tackle, I remember a few we were left standing like statues as they raced away into the distance, maybe that's what bolstered our impressive tackle stats.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yes, more so.

AW was quoted last season i think as saying he didn't care about the missed tackle stat as it didn't show the whole picture. Last year I think our missed tackle stat was worse but our defence was better.

The other comment I have to make is that other teams had cover defenders we just had channel and Jazz who would mop up half breaks. Any other time it was see you later try time after we conceded a line break while we got a line break they would shut it down like how they stopped Halasima's line break from being a try. We don't stop line breaks or have any second line of defence.
Part of my 2nd row thesis was that you need athletes there that can scramble. Having numerous slow and/or players that lacked mobility playing in the 2nd row really hurt us. Thats part of the reason I liked Laban etc. Also why I like Ford at prop

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Just to be clear, defence isn't the be all and end all. You still need to have an attack obviously. The point was that your play starts with your defence. That is widely held that defence is about attitude and you gain confidence from that which flows on to your attack. Generally held that you get your defence sorted first. When Daniel Anderson first came to the Warriors he focused on defence first. There are always going to be outliers or anomalies to this.

I'll stick to it though. If we sort our defence out and the attitude towards it we will improve our attack also and significantly in our results and position on the table.
It is worth noting that this year we lost 7 games by 6 or less, ofc you can look at the attack (we had the most tackles in opposition 20) but for me that could be attacking structures are good just not icing the end, but also we conceded 100 more points then last year and thats more effort then anything else.

1. CNK
2. RTS
3. Ali
4.Berry
5. DWZ
6. Metcalf
7. TMM
8. JFH*
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Laban / Halasima
12. Capewell
13. Tohu / CHT

14. Walker
15. Halasima / laban
16. Ford / Niukore
17. Clark
Just my suspected line up

I know people don't really see Egan as a 80 min hooker but looking at his play time outside of when he was interchange, I would expect they wanna push him into more minutes for 2025 with maybe a make shift clark or walker dummy for 10 - 15 mins, in this case as much as I like CHT unless he is 13 there isnt room.

Tohu can go either way for me if he’s injured and taped probably not worth persisting. A fully healthy and firing tohu i want in the team tho. Otherwise I think CHT could fill this roll

And last big thing for me is its time to actually start using the younger guys, I’m not happy with any older second rower last year so laban and Halasima would go in for me one starting and one bench, Halasima seems more versatile of the two so might be better to be the bench option. Ford or Niukore possibly to middle cover but this could be Ale or Zyon Maiu’u if they play like last year

WARRIORS

Predicted team
: 1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 4. Rocco Berry 5. Taine Tuaupiki 6. Luke Metcalf 7. Te Maire Martin 8. James Fisher-Harris 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Marata Niukore 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Tohu Harris 14. Dylan Walker 15. Erin Clark 16. Tom Ale 17. Bunty Afoa

Analysis: After a disappointing year the Warriors must pick Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback with Taine Tuaupiki a chance to take over form Marcelo Montoya on the wing, after his return to the Bulldogs. The other wing spot will be Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, with Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Rocco Berry back from a shoulder injury, forming a new centre pairing. Luke Metcalf is set to form a new halves pairing with new halfback Te Maire Martin after Shaun Johnson’s retirement, with Chanel Harris-Tavita keeping them honest. James Fisher-Harris will join the front row after four premierships with the Panthers in a timely boost after Addin Fonua-Blake’s departure to the Sharks. Mitch Barnett will be the other prop, while Wayde Egan is the starting hooker. The back row of Marata Niukore, Kurt Capewell and skipper Tohu Harris back from a wrist injury, picks itself. Dylan Walker will be the bench utility, with recruit Erin Clark from the Titans, Tom Ale and Bunty Afoa rounding out the bench.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
WARRIORS

Predicted team
: 1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 4. Rocco Berry 5. Taine Tuaupiki 6. Luke Metcalf 7. Te Maire Martin 8. James Fisher-Harris 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Marata Niukore 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Tohu Harris 14. Dylan Walker 15. Erin Clark 16. Tom Ale 17. Bunty Afoa

Analysis: After a disappointing year the Warriors must pick Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback with Taine Tuaupiki a chance to take over form Marcelo Montoya on the wing, after his return to the Bulldogs. The other wing spot will be Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, with Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Rocco Berry back from a shoulder injury, forming a new centre pairing. Luke Metcalf is set to form a new halves pairing with new halfback Te Maire Martin after Shaun Johnson’s retirement, with Chanel Harris-Tavita keeping them honest. James Fisher-Harris will join the front row after four premierships with the Panthers in a timely boost after Addin Fonua-Blake’s departure to the Sharks. Mitch Barnett will be the other prop, while Wayde Egan is the starting hooker. The back row of Marata Niukore, Kurt Capewell and skipper Tohu Harris back from a wrist injury, picks itself. Dylan Walker will be the bench utility, with recruit Erin Clark from the Titans, Tom Ale and Bunty Afoa rounding out the bench.

Imagine how the forum would erupt if we named our Round 0 squad and our second youngest player was about the celebrate his 26th Birthday 💀

I do like the idea of Taine on the wing more than the RTS to the wing consensus atm though

Imagine how the forum would erupt if we named our Round 0 squad and our second youngest player was about the celebrate his 26th Birthday 💀

I do like the idea of Taine on the wing more than the RTS to the wing consensus atm though
yeah...nah.... I'm not keen on RTS at Fullback. It's wing or nothing for me (assuming everyone is fit and available)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
WARRIORS

Predicted team

Its like my man didnt watch a second of the warriors games this year or even think about how a team would work

WARRIORS

Predicted team

That team had to have been picked by ChatGPT. No serious analyst would troll out that 17.

Back