• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Your 2025 team

NZWarriors.com
I see the Eels are moving Gutherson to 13.

I suggested some time ago and ask again - why not RTS to 13?

Middle of the field, plenty of ball. Make use of his yardage. It genuinely interests me.
Don’t think he could handle the big bodies in the middle. Same for CNK. Many teams, even the eels are citing Dylan Walker for this thinking of the modern 13. Probably Cameron Murray more so, the smaller 13. Warriors had great effect with it off the bench in Walker

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Rocco berry into the backrow
He has size, generally solid defensively, can run a good line. I think he could also develop an offload or even turn into a Simon mannerinb type tackle bot
Can we clone him? He could be our centres, backrow, fullback maybe too? Idk about having him on wing or in the halves or front row though...

I also wonder about Jackson Ford at 13.

He could be a modern version of Michael Luck.

Gets him off the edge and out of the front row. He's absolutely not a bench player.

Just a thought.
I liked him at starting prop. Different body type, big motor. Lose a front rower and he can cover the extra minutes. 100% not a bench player though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Now the season is over it's time to look forward to round 1 in Vegas next year.

Currently I'm leaning towards this as my favoured line up, with what we know regarding signings.

Fullback is possibly my most contentious spot. I absolutely love CNK and what he brings despite not being at his best this season. However, I can't go past Taine at the back. I think a 1, 6 and 7 if TT, LM and TMM provides a lot of excitement and attacking threats. They aren't going to be perfect and will have mistakes and off games but we need different points of attack across the park and all three are quick.

In the centres I have Ali locked in on the left edge. Has defensive work ons but his attacking game, especially with that spine, is what he is there for. I was struggling to decide where to fit CNK in to my team but I think last night showed that he can almost play anywhere in the back 5 and cover 6 as well. With Berry still recovering and CNK looking like he provides just that little bit more I have him at right centre.

Wings are a defensive disaster and I have zero confidence in any of them to read the play and stop tries. Without really any other options I have the triple banger twins DWZ and RTS. I actually don't want RTS in the team but I know AW is going to pick and there is no way I want him at center or full back

The forwards almost pick themselves. Its going to be interesting to see where Tohu plays and who is 13. Will he slot in to the second row or prop or stay at lock?

Niukore has been off his game this season, possibly caught between what position he should be and injuries. And where does Ford fit in? Huge motor and a different body type.

Who will be our bench utility. I think we need to rotate this around between Lussick, Roache and CHT.

Lastly, we need the injection of youth. It was really evident this season the difference they made when playing.

So with all that in mind my current line up looks something like this...

TT
RTS
Ali
CNK
DWZ
LM
TMM
JFH
Egan
Ford
Barney
Capewell
Tohu

Walker
Roache
Sifakula
Ale

Need a more balanced share of ball across the team rather than relying on one individual but still need TMM to have around 60% to LM 40% touches of the ball. LM or TT to do the goal kicking. JFH and Barney as dual captains.

I think that would be an exciting team to watch each week even if they would be inconsistent at times. The robotic style of play this season was like watching a death by a thousand cuts. I think if we don't get hammered by injury again next season this is a top 8 side that has enough of a mix of experience, youth, creativity and speed.

The big work on in the off season is defence and resilience.

*Edit - I forgot about Clark. Him on the bench for Roache maybe?

Last edited:
Now the season is over it's time to look forward to round 1 in Vegas next year.

Currently I'm leaning towards this as my favoured line up, with what we know regarding signings.

Fullback is possibly my most contentious spot. I absolutely love CNK and what he brings despite not being at his best this season. However, I can't go past Taine at the back. I think a 1, 6 and 7 if TT, LM and TMM provides a lot of excitement and attacking threats. They aren't going to be perfect and will have mistakes and off games but we need different points of attack across the park and all three are quick.

In the centres I have Ali locked in on the left edge. Has defensive work ons but his attacking game, especially with that spine, is what he is there for. I was struggling to decide where to fit CNK in to my team but I think last night showed that he can almost play anywhere in the back 5 and cover 6 as well. With Berry still recovering and CNK looking like he provides just that little bit more I have him at right centre.

Wings are a defensive disaster and I have zero confidence in any of them to read the play and stop tries. Without really any other options I have the triple banger twins DWZ and RTS. I actually don't want RTS in the team but I know AW is going to pick and there is no way I want him at center or full back

The forwards almost pick themselves. Its going to be interesting to see where Tohu plays and who is 13. Will he slot in to the second row or prop or stay at lock?

Niukore has been off his game this season, possibly caught between what position he should be and injuries. And where does Ford fit in? Huge motor and a different body type.

Who will be our bench utility. I think we need to rotate this around between Lussick, Roache and CHT.

Lastly, we need the injection of youth. It was really evident this season the difference they made when playing.

So with all that in mind my current line up looks something like this...

TT
RTS
Ali
CNK
DWZ
LM
TMM
JFH
Egan
Ford
Barney
Capewell
Tohu

Walker
Roache
Sifakula
Ale

Need a more balanced share of ball across the team rather than relying on one individual but still need TMM to have around 60% to LM 40% touches of the ball. LM or TT to do the goal kicking. JFH and Barney as dual captains.

I think that would be an exciting team to watch each week even if they would be inconsistent at times. The robotic style of play this season was like watching a death by a thousand cuts. I think if we don't get hammered by injury again next season this is a top 8 side that has enough of a mix of experience, youth, creativity and speed.

The big work on in the off season is defence and resilience.
Love that thinking. I obviously disagree around 11, 12, 13 but definitely thinking along the same lines.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite who have you got in your team? Who is your 11-13
I dont like Barney in the 2nd row. I have PTSD of him getting run around when he played there this season. Love him at bench prop as he provides genuine impact and I personally would try and extend his longevity.

I play the following. (might be forgetting someone)

10. Ford - Mr Clean Up
11. Halasima
12. Capewell - Mr Clean Up
13. Sifakula

14. Clark
15. Barnett

I dont like Barney in the 2nd row. I have PTSD of him getting run around when he played there this season. Love him at bench prop as he provides genuine impact and I personally would try and extend his longevity.

I play the following. (might be forgetting someone)

10. Ford - Mr Clean Up
11. Halasima
12. Capewell - Mr Clean Up
13. Sifakula

14. Clark
15. Barnett
Yes, I agree with Barnett but my problem is that Niukore is well below his best, Ford just shouldn't be in the second row and Halasima is going to be awesome but I think he still needs developing further (certainly the future though)

Having said all that, I wouldn't be disappointed with that line up.

You dropping Tohu completely? I was contemplating that but got swayed a little with the AW guaranteed selection. Bit like my RTS pick.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
1 T Tuaupiki
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 C N Klokstad
5 R T Sheck
6 L Metcalf
7 T M Martin
8 J F Harris
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 L Halasima
12 K Capewell
13 T Harris

14 F Lussick
15 D Sifakula
16 J Ford
17 D Walker

Yes, I agree with Barnett but my problem is that Niukore is well below his best, Ford just shouldn't be in the second row and Halasima is going to be awesome but I think he still needs developing further (certainly the future though)

Having said all that, I wouldn't be disappointed with that line up.

You dropping Tohu completely? I was contemplating that but got swayed a little with the AW guaranteed selection. Bit like my RTS pick.
Im wishing for that clean out

Again I'll go for semi-realistic. Who we have, no rumour signings, finding spots for guys who will definitely not miss out etc

1. CNK
2. Pasikala
3. Berry
4. Ali
5. RTS
6. Tuaupiki
7. Metcalf
8. Barnett
9. Egan
10. JFH
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris

14. Clark
15. Sifakula
16. Halasima
17. Walker

The obvious ones here are no Niukore, DWZ, and TT in the halves.

DWZ and his defensive positioning has just gotten out of hand. He's not even cutting off overlaps, he's actively creating them where they don't exist. He'll be in the team next year but fantasy thoughts say Pasikala kills it in the off season and forces his way in.

TT in the halves. It will be TMM no doubt but defense/small frame aside TT just offers more but won't displace CNK imo. Pick the best 17 first, figure out where to put them.

No Niukore. Like others I don't think his performances are justifying the pay. I could see him coming off the bench as a middle but that would mainly be putting him in the side to justify the pay.

Bench is self explanatory really based on what I've already posted. Niukore probably comes in for Walker if he departs.

Overall I've gone for a team that's a little more dynamic and a better mixture of youth and experience.

Would not at all be surprised if Bunty and Kosi moved on this off season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back