• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Your 2025 team

my team with what we have atm

Tauapiki
Tuivasa-scheck
Leiataua
Nicoll-klokstad
Watene-zelezniak
Metcalf
Martin
Fisher-Harris
Egan
Clark
Capewell
Halasima
Barnett

Walker
Sifakula
Niukore-needs to lock in
Lussick

NZWarriors.com
Mine would have to be

1. CNK
2. DWZ / RTS
3. Berry
4. Ali
5. Montoya
6. Metcalf
7. TMM
8. Barnett
9. Egan
10. JFH
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. CHT

14. Clark
15. Sifakula / Niakora
16. Halasima
17. Walker

Think my spicy call is I prefer Montoya to DWZ if RTS shifts to a wing id like it to be his, like the big tough runs and i think he is better defensively and want a little beef on CHT to play as a 13, gives the option for more ball playing.

Not as spicy is I like ford and capewell as just stick and forget they do 80 mins and they do their work. Ford dropped some ball but the short game wasnt working like it did last year for all our backrowers, capewell has been getting early ball and just going and thats what our main goal with them should be, and then short ball only as an option close to the line when there is shape out the back.

Barnett is my main captain and then JFH as co, focus on our defensive structure and discipline and im optimistic going forward, shit year and was like 3 wins out of the 8 when we lost like 8 games by a small margin and most of those were legit just 15 mins defensive lapses.

Reactions: CWC
I dont like Barney in the 2nd row. I have PTSD of him getting run around when he played there this season. Love him at bench prop as he provides genuine impact and I personally would try and extend his longevity.

I play the following. (might be forgetting someone)

10. Ford - Mr Clean Up
11. Halasima
12. Capewell - Mr Clean Up
13. Sifakula

14. Clark
15. Barnett
The other benefit with this is that you can play Barney and JFH as dual captains (I like Cap and VC more than dual captains though) and one of them will generally be on the field at all times.

I would say Tohu - with the Captaincy pressure off him (unless he wants it) - will start though if he gets through preseason ok.

1. Taine, I’ll go with it, but the rate he misses games there will be chances for CNK to fill in.
  2. RTS, monty was especially wholehearted on Saturday, but he’s not the better player
  3. Ali, Berry needs to develop an attacking game.
  4. CNK
  5. DWZ
  6. Metcalf, him and Taine competing to be the goal kicker
  7. TMM
  8. JFH
  9. Clark, if he’s coming and Walker is not going, then makes sense to use him this way to preserve Egan a bit, might be a struggle to find him minutes in the middle. Still think they want him as Walker replacement though.
  10. Barnett, don’t like this recent trend of putting him on the edge.
  11. Capewah, been good in the back half of the season.
  12. Halasima, has that Nanai in him where might not be doing much then could just pluck a kick out of the air or explode through the line.
  13. Harris, but instead of staying on when Walker comes on, he goes off to keep his minutes down.
  14. Egan, comes on after 15 minutes
  15. Walker, comes on after 20 minutes
  16. Niukore, sub Halasima, covers middle
  17. Sifakula, sub JFH.

Next fullback up CNK, and bring Berry into right center
Next winger up Monty
Next center up Berry (unlucky pomps)
Next half up CHT (need to sign another one)
Next middles up Ford, Ale
Next edge up Laban
Next hooker up Lussick

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
  1. Taine, I’ll go with it, but the rate he misses games there will be chances for CNK to fill in.
  2. RTS, monty was especially wholehearted on Saturday, but he’s not the better player
  3. Ali, Berry needs to develop an attacking game.
  4. CNK
  5. DWZ
  6. Metcalf, him and Taine competing to be the goal kicker
  7. TMM
  8. JFH
  9. Clark, if he’s coming and Walker is not going, then makes sense to use him this way to preserve Egan a bit, might be a struggle to find him minutes in the middle. Still think they want him as Walker replacement though.
  10. Barnett, don’t like this recent trend of putting him on the edge.
  11. Capewah, been good in the back half of the season.
  12. Halasima, has that Nanai in him where might not be doing much then could just pluck a kick out of the air or explode through the line.
  13. Harris, but instead of staying on when Walker comes on, he goes off to keep his minutes down.
  14. Egan, comes on after 15 minutes
  15. Walker, comes on after 20 minutes
  16. Niukore, sub Halasima, covers middle
  17. Sifakula, sub JFH.

Next fullback up CNK, and bring in a center
Next winger up Monty
Next center up Berry (unlucky pomps)
Next half up CHT
Next middle up Ford
Next edge up Laban
Next hooker up Lussick

I have basically the same team lol
I'd have Marata starting to preserve Halasima's young body at the start of the bashing when everyone's fresh
Ale, Zyon Maiu’u and TSS as the depth props, and Clark can cover that obviously, or replace Tohu if he's not going well again
I'd have CNK covering Metcalf to give Berry more time, Pompey as my back up to Ali for the big body polynesian centre (and better D) and CNK doesn't have to shift to left centre.
MTG and Pasixxxx backing up Monty, or Dallin's right wing
We need to sign Volkman or someone with his 2023 ability at least in case TMM goes down for a few weeks
Probably have spare 700-800K from SJ/AFB leftovers, could sign a couple of depth forward+halfback or a star signing, Leo or Saifiti??

These are a few questions/things in regards to several players I’d love Andrew Webster to answer…

1. Jackson Ford, he’s clearly one of Webby’s favourites, but it seemed to me that he was burning out, then ultimately injured.
IMO it was no coincidence that Kurt Capewell started playing better when he went from the right edge to the left. However, will this continue when everyone is fresh. Capewell is also getting old. Ford is only sign a 1 year extension.

2. James Fisher-Harris, obviously a guaranteed selection. I question how he is going to be used. More accurately, how much is he going to be used. I’ve mentioned in other posts how AFB barely ever plays below 60 minutes. JFH has his minutes heavily fluctuated. I fear JFH will get burnt out with a 60 minute a week every week workload.

3. The Centres, arguably the most contentious position. 6 players RTS, Pompey, Ali, Rocco, CNK and MGT can’t fit into 2 spots. For me a safety first approach of Pompey and Rocco is the best combo. However Ali and CNK are seriously in the conversation. I can’t help but feel Webby will put RTS there. This position could have a flow on effect for winger and Fullback.

4. The bench, for me I’d like to go back to a proper 4 prop rotation. I hope we sign Clarke as it will give us a lot more flexibility as we can’t trust Egan to pull through an entire game without being injured. But first and foremost. Actually pick 4 players Webby is actually going to use.

Round 1.

1. CNK, (First opportunity, he needs to hit the ground running. Hopefully no Kiwis so he gets a good break)
2. RTS (Webby’s gonna pick him so need to put him somewhere)
3. Pompey (most experienced centre and a goal kicker. Ali hot on his heels)
4. Rocco (I believe in this guy)
5. Tuaupiki (why not? Our wingers suck at defending anyway)
6. Metcalfe
7. TMM
8. JFH
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Niukore/Halasima (Niukore needs a big start or fuck off. Halasima waiting)
12. Capewell (never put him on the right again)
13. Harris (I’m backing this guy. A long rest could get him back to near his best, for a final year)

14. Walker/CHT (assuming Walker doesn’t leave)
15. Clarke/Ford (assuming we sign Clarke, he provides hooker cover also)
16. Sifakula (big future, potential 13)
17. Ale/Niukore

Back