• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Warriors v Tigers - [Round 21, 2024]

All you saying “it’s just a game”

Is it really “ just a game?”

When people’s livelihood, time, $$$, sacrifices, mental health are all impacted by the results and performance - I would argue it’s more than just a game… a lot is at stake.

Sorry but that’s the reality of professional sports. Wake up and smell the coffee. ☕
Yes it is just a game. I'd suggest if you (this is directed at anyone not you personally) are overly invested in that way then it is unhealthy.

NZWarriors.com
Yes it is just a game. I'd suggest if you (this is directed at anyone not you personally) are overly invested in that way then it is unhealthy.

All good mate. It’s a healthy debate. So let’s forget about the fans for a minute. Because I was actually referring to corporates, sponsors, TAB, players who are earning ridiculous $$$, the small folk who are employed in catering, the cleaner the grounds man.. everyone’s livelihood depends on a “game”…

Even as a country. If the Warriorrs perform well the country glows… and those wet dark windy winters don’t feel so bad anymore 😂

Even on his goal kicking we got to remember after 2020 he was 3rd or 4th choice kicker, so realistically he probably hasn’t practised kicking goals in 4 years.

I would like to see SJ and CHT as halves, Metcalf pairs well and CHT is in the same vein a run first player.
CHT isn't even a run first player. He's too slow. He's a defenisve half that that backs up his forwards looking for offloads, hits holes and looks for his faster players to pass to. He pairs well with a dominant half(Sj) Where his role is simplified & basic.

He'd make a handy 13, Has the height & frame to fill out. And good basic all-round skills to assist his halves. Just needs to cross out goal kicker on his resume.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Tigers will win big or lose bad.

Really poor defence but they throw the ball around even more than the titans. Just depends if it comes off on the might or not and knowing our luck it probably will.

The part of me that slows down to take a look at a car crash on the highway want us to lose against the Tigers. Just to see the forum meltdown.

Your over estimating our expectations.

Don’t think anyone will care. Seasons already over.

The only thing that will hurt is the lost momentum in creating a true league base in NZ. Can’t see fans returning if we lose the plot for the rest of the season especially with the all blacks going so well.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

The only thing that will hurt is the lost momentum in creating a true league base in NZ. Can’t see fans returning if we lose the plot for the rest of the season especially with the all blacks going so well.
There will be a meltdown. The forum always expects the Warriors to beat teams more lowly ranked.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

It would only further confirm that blooding youngsters for the rest of the year is needed.

For what it's worth, I think we will dick them, dick the Eels, in fact we will win more than we lose for the rest of the year.

But, we'll finish 10th

Even on his goal kicking we got to remember after 2020 he was 3rd or 4th choice kicker, so realistically he probably hasn’t practised kicking goals in 4 years.

I would like to see SJ and CHT as halves, Metcalf pairs well and CHT is in the same vein a run first player.
That's on him then, if you can kick goals then you should be practicing, it's not rocket science.

Unfortunately
No. We didn't front up to them. Yes our kicking game played a part but the main factor is we started really slow and we weren't as physical as they were in that period. Our defensive lapses were not due to a kicking game
Our halves are very much off the pace to get us into finals and further.
SJ is getting past it.
Tmm has good moments but far too inconsistent and isn't a good fit with SJ.
CHT has good defense but limited on attack.
All three lack a top tier kicking game.
They all have good qualities but lacking in too many other areas

1. RTS / CNK if fully fit
2. RTS / Montoya if CNK out
3. MGT
4. Leiataua / Moimoi, if Ali injured.
5. DWZ
6. Farr
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. CHT
10. Barnett
11. Capewell
12. Niukore
13. Walker

14. Egan
15. Sifakula
16. Maiu'u
17. Halasima

18. Stowers-Smith.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back