• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Warriors v Tigers - [Round 21, 2024]

When is metcalf ready?

Are we still getting Dylan Brown?

Chanel is a serial choker probably don’t give him big responsibility or he will retire back to writing songs about his feelings of choking again. That’s 4 clutch comp points he couldn’t bring home
Bit rough bro.
He’s an all heart guy, great kid. Yes he stuffed up but we all do. At the end of the day, no matter how much we love the Wahs it’s only a game. He will be killing himself inside. Some kids could be damaged by too much harsh criticism, I think they should be able and learn to take some but we should also be a bit careful. Just my thoughts bro

NZWarriors.com
When is metcalf ready?

Chanel is a serial choker probably don’t give him big responsibility or he will retire back to writing songs about his feelings of choking again. That’s 4 clutch comp points he couldn’t bring home

Goal kicking aside his stat line was pretty impressive.

Main question for me was why was he the main playmaker?

As for Metcalf, does anyone seriously think he will play again this year?

I'm thinking minimum 2 NSW games and even that might not be enough. Only have to look at TMM coming back in late last year.

The play for me seems pretty obvious, starts with S ends with J - and only if fit.

Otherwise not much else to go with than what we got.

1 R T Sheck
2 D W Zelezniak
3 A Leiataua
4 M G Taufa
5 M Montoya/ E Kosi
6 C H Tavita
7 T M Martin
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett c
11 M Niukore
12 K Capewell
13 D Walker

14 F Lussick
15 J Ford
16 J Tavaga
17 L Halasima

Man what is frustrating me the most is that our halves aren't setting up to our strike players.

I want to see Halasima, Ali, RTS touch the ball as much as possible.

When is metcalf ready?

So you are fine with how we played its just the choking part? Mate that whole game was a choke. Once again we had ample chance to take that win, not to mention the soft tries we constantly let in. We lost that when we decided to drop all those balls at the back

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
So you are fine with how we played its just the choking part? Mate that whole game was a choke. Once again we had ample chance to take that win, not to mention the soft tries we constantly let in. We lost that when we decided to drop all those balls at the back
We also didn't front up at the start and their forwards rolled up field fairly easily. We lost in the first 20 minutes but it's easier to focus on one conversion at the end of the game.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
RTS
DWZ
Leiataua
MGT
Montoya/Tu?
CHT
SJ?
AFB
Egan
Barnett
Halasima
Capewell
Walker

TMM
Niukore (middle rotation?)
Sifakula
Maiu'u /Ale /Jazz

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Bit rough bro.
He’s an all heart guy, great kid. Yes he stuffed up but we all do. At the end of the day, no matter how much we love the Wahs it’s only a game. He will be killing himself inside. Some kids could be damaged by too much harsh criticism, I think they should be able and learn to take some but we should also be a bit careful. Just my thoughts bro
This is professional sport, he is not up to the task of first grade in the NRL, never has been.

No need to criticize him for his limitations but he needs to be dropped as soon as Metcalf or SJ are fit

We also didn't front up at the start and their forwards rolled up field fairly easily. We lost in the first 20 minutes but it's easier to focus on one conversion at the end of the game.
Mainly due to our kicking game, we were running it out from our 10 with a set defensive line whereas they were starting their sets from 25-30m out.

This is professional sport, he is not up to the task of first grade in the NRL, never has been.

No need to criticize him for his limitations but he needs to be dropped as soon as Metcalf or SJ are fit
I think he’s a good 14. Maybe not our best 14 but very close to it.
It’s true, you get paid good money to play sport. You are in the spotlight for the highs so probably fair to get a bit of stick for the lows. I just think it’s a game. I know some kids have taken it hard and done some drastic stuff. - so I say, yep he messed up, everyone was upset.
Including him. He needs to cop the consequence…miss a game? Start to get pressure for his position. A bit of stick from us supporters too…. But not too much.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Mainly due to our kicking game, we were running it out from our 10 with a set defensive line whereas they were starting their sets from 25-30m out.
No. We didn't front up to them. Yes our kicking game played a part but the main factor is we started really slow and we weren't as physical as they were in that period. Our defensive lapses were not due to a kicking game

A lot of reactionary and short term memory calls for the halves in my opinion.

TMM + CHT had a couple of average games, but we still only lost those games by 1 and 2 points, and in both of those games we lost a number of outside backs. No one can know for sure, but going on this seasons results to date I don't think you can swap SJ into the mix there and expect the same outcome with him kicking a field goal or a conversion. It would be a totally different scenario.

We're on our third main halves combo and while their kicking game isn't top notch, they're not doing badly. Our second combo of SJ + TMM really didn't seem to work when you look at the numbers.

CombosHalvesGPW - L - DPD
1SJ + LM31 - 2 - 00
2SJ + CHT11 - 0 - 08
3SJ + TMM81 - 6 - 1-91
4TMM + CNK11 - 0 - 02
5TMM + CHT53 - 2 - 047
18-34

Is TMM fit? If so, stick with what we have till SJ is and LM are 100%.
Maybe SJ + CHT could be worth a crack too if/when our season is done (they only played together one game when Metcalfe got injured).

Anyway I think people have overblown the last couple of miniscule losses blaming the halves. TMM and CHT are the best defensive halves pairing we have, they engage the line a lot and in doing so we look more dangerous than the very predictable play we had going on prior. Their kicking games are hit or miss, but we have scored a few when they hit. If they tidy that area up some more then there shouldn't be too many complaints.

Last edited:
Goal kicking aside his stat line was pretty impressive.

Main question for me was why was he the main playmaker?

As for Metcalf, does anyone seriously think he will play again this year?

I'm thinking minimum 2 NSW games and even that might not be enough. Only have to look at TMM coming back in late last year.

The play for me seems pretty obvious, starts with S ends with J - and only if fit.

Otherwise not much else to go with than what we got.
Even on his goal kicking we got to remember after 2020 he was 3rd or 4th choice kicker, so realistically he probably hasn’t practised kicking goals in 4 years.

I would like to see SJ and CHT as halves, Metcalf pairs well and CHT is in the same vein a run first player.

All you saying “it’s just a game”

Is it really “ just a game?”

When people’s livelihood, time, $$$, sacrifices, mental health are all impacted by the results and performance - I would argue it’s more than just a game… a lot is at stake.

Sorry but that’s the reality of professional sports. Wake up and smell the coffee. ☕

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back