• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Warriors v Tigers - [Round 21, 2024]

Barnett won't kick goals. A groin op before joining the Warriors prevents that.
CHT was at 82% prior to last night which was in the top 10 (for guys who've kicked over 50 goals) in the last 20 or so years. Surely he'll continue to kick if Pompey & Tuaupiki are out

NZWarriors.com
CHT obviously finds the pressure difficult, can see it in game too. To be fair he probably saved us ten minutes of anxious golden point watching just to lose.
jackson ford's dumb penalty piggybacked a raiders try and he does it week in week out. he can get right out, he's consistently putting us under pressure and it's leading to points

TLT is so far away it's depressing.

RTS
Monty
Ali
MGT
DWZ
CHT
TMM
AFB
Egan
Barney
Capewell
Niukore
Walker

Lussick
Halasima
Ford
Zyon

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
We have no SJ, Pompey, Taine. CHT can get back in the horse or give it to Barney to kick them. I don't see a lot of point debating who is going to kick goals when all the players that were good enough to make the team in the first place and could kick are all injured and unavailable. First part is they need to be able to do their role on the field. Kicking goals is secondary even though important. Sounds like some are wanting what you are suggesting. But who else do we have that can do that? Can MGT kick goals?
To me Barny would have been the obvious choice.
I have since read about his groin operation which apparently rules him out.
Who kicks in the Cup grade

1. RTS
2. Dallin
3. Ali
4. Capewell
5. Graham-Taufa
6. CHT (You gotta break through the barriers bro)
7. TMM (The pig you're hunting this week is the tigers)
8. Fonua-Blake
9. Lussick
10. Barnett
11. Laban
12. Niukore
13. Ale

14. Jazz
15. Walker
16. Maiu'u
17. Halasima

18. Ford
19. Sifakula
20. Afoa
21. Jazz
22. Egan
23. Dunno

Bludgeon approach. Dial back the skills and brutalize them this week.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
CHT was at 82% prior to last night which was in the top 10 (for guys who've kicked over 50 goals) in the last 20 or so years. Surely he'll continue to kick if Pompey & Tuaupiki are out
82%!!!!????
So it’s true then
Stats do lie.

Just get someone to kick

CHT obviously finds the pressure difficult, can see it in game too. To be fair he probably saved us ten minutes of anxious golden point watching just to lose.
jackson ford's dumb penalty piggybacked a raiders try and he does it week in week out. he can get right out, he's consistently putting us under pressure and it's leading to points
As I posted in the other thread, our road to the premiership begins when he either is dropped or sticks to the prop role. Even under dire injuries never again can he play second row even for 15 minutes.

I think it will be the usual team depending on who's not injured
RTS, TMM, CHT, and Egan in the spine.
Is TMM fit? I'm guessing he must be carrying some sort of injury after watching him yesterday.
DWZ and whoever's fit for left wing and centres
Probably the same pack and reserves

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If Sj is fit he has to come back.
Firstly for his kicking- both in general play and goal kicking.
Secondly- both himself and the club need to make a decision if he’s the best option for next year or if it is indeed time to move on.
Thirdly- if there’s anyone in this squad who pull off a miracle and sneak as into the finals it’s him.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If Sj is fit he has to come back.
Firstly for his kicking- both in general play and goal kicking.
Secondly- both himself and the club need to make a decision if he’s the best option for next year or if it is indeed time to move on.
Thirdly- if there’s anyone in this squad who pull off a miracle and sneak as into the finals it’s him.
If SJ comes back I will dare to believe we can win against the Tigers - if he doesn't play then I really think based on current form they will thrash us. Our lips have dropped.

I haven't been watching very much NSW Cup this year so this could be a stupid question. Mind you if you listen to my wife then nearly every question out of my mouth is stupid. If TMM is injured is Luke Hanson capable of playing FG?

When is metcalf ready?

Are we still getting Dylan Brown?

Chanel is a serial choker probably don’t give him big responsibility or he will retire back to writing songs about his feelings of choking again. That’s 4 clutch comp points he couldn’t bring home

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back