• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Post Match Warriors v Bulldogs - [Round 25, 2024]

Warriors vs Bulldogs

Warriors

18 - 34

MATCH COMPLETE

Go Media Stadium

23 Aug 2024

Bulldogs

Match Stats

Warriors Bulldogs
3 Tries 6
3 / 3 Conversions 5 / 6
0/0 Field Goals 0/0
0/0 2P Field Goals 0/0
2 Try Assists 6
Warriors Bulldogs
48% Possession 52%
9 / 28 Set Completion 8 / 27
47 Time in Opposition Half 53
1112 Metres Gained 1149
2 Dropouts 2
1 Dummy Half Runs 3
12 / 311 Kicks/Kick Metres 17 / 455
0 40/20 1
0 20/40 0
8 Offloads 3
0 1 on 1 Steals 0
5 Line Breaks 4
4 Line Break Assists 2
5 Support Play 13
Warriors Bulldogs
9 / 28 Set Completion 8 / 27
5 Penalties (Conceded) 6
8 Set Restarts 2
12 Errors 9

Player Stats

# Warriors T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
1 C. Nicoll-Klokstad 0 0 0 1 4 1 4 0 0 21 0 0 0m 110m 2 0
2 D. Watene-Zelezniak 0 0 0 0 2 2 3 0 0 13 0 1 15m 81m 1 0
3 A. Pompey 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 1 0 0 0m 5m 0 1
4 R. Tuivasa-Sheck 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 2 0 8 0 0 0m 42m 1 0
5 M. Montoya 1 4 0 1 6 0 1 0 0 14 0 0 0m 93m 0 1
6 L. Metcalf 0 0 2 0 0 0 9 4 0 21 0 0 0m 40m 0 1
7 S. Johnson 0 6 0 0 5 1 6 3 0 40 0 11 296m 47m 3 0
8 A. Fonua-Blake 0 0 0 0 2 3 38 0 0 14 0 0 0m 108m 0 1
9 W. Egan 1 4 0 1 1 0 32 1 0 5 1 0 0m 14m 0 1
16 J. Tevaga 0 0 0 0 1 0 38 1 0 12 0 0 0m 87m 1 0
10 M. Barnett 0 0 0 0 1 0 25 4 0 8 0 0 0m 88m 0 0
12 K. Capewell 1 4 0 1 3 0 19 1 0 16 0 0 0m 129m 1 0
13 D. Walker 0 0 0 0 1 0 33 1 0 13 0 0 0m 79m 0 0
11 M. Niukore 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 1 0 8 0 0 0m 44m 2 0
14 F. Lussick 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 0 0 1 0 0 0m 0m 1 0
17 D. Sifakula 0 0 0 1 5 0 12 0 0 11 0 0 0m 101m 0 0
18 C. Harris-Tavita 0 0 0 0 0 1 8 1 0 8 0 0 0m 44m 0 0
15 T. Ale 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0
# Bulldogs T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
1 C. Tracey 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 1 0 25 0 1 10m 92m 1 0
2 J. Kiraz 1 4 0 0 2 2 11 1 0 14 0 0 0m 120m 0 0
3 B. Xerri 1 4 0 1 1 0 10 2 0 11 0 1 19m 82m 3 0
4 S. Crichton 1 4 1 1 2 0 10 4 0 13 0 0 0m 97m 0 1
5 J. Addo-Carr 1 4 0 0 2 0 1 1 0 14 0 0 0m 87m 0 0
6 M. Burton 0 10 2 0 4 0 18 3 0 23 0 7 272m 37m 0 0
7 T. Sexton 0 0 2 0 1 0 18 1 0 33 0 7 122m 21m 2 0
23 M. King 0 0 0 0 0 0 22 1 0 13 0 0 0m 108m 0 2
9 R. Mahoney 0 0 0 0 0 0 35 3 0 8 2 1 32m 29m 0 0
10 S. Hughes 0 0 0 0 0 0 27 0 0 14 0 0 0m 98m 0 1
11 V. Kikau 0 0 1 1 4 0 14 7 0 11 1 0 0m 76m 1 1
12 J. Preston 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 0 0 5 0 0 0m 38m 0 0
13 K. Mann 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 0 0 7 0 0 0m 35m 1 0
14 B. Hayward 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 2 0 2 0 0 0m 13m 0 0
15 K. Morrin 1 4 0 0 1 0 9 1 0 8 0 0 0m 63m 0 0
16 H. Hayes 1 4 0 1 1 0 17 2 0 13 0 0 0m 93m 0 0
17 J. Salmon 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 2 0 9 0 0 0m 60m 1 1
21 E. Clark 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• A+

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • A

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • B

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • C

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • F-

Votes: 31 36.5%

• Total voters
I want to know where they find these clowns. 95% of fans who don't support the bulldogs know that was the wrong call so why can't someone who is trained to look over these things (I assume) get it so wrong?

It’s clear there’s some underground racketeering shit going on. These refs have been bought. No way this is meer coincidence or “subconscious bias”. They are cheats. No repercussions for them. Cheats. Plain and simple.

NZWarriors.com
It’s clear there’s some underground racketeering shit going on. These refs have been bought. No way this is meer coincidence or “subconscious bias”. They are cheats. No repercussions for them. Cheats. Plain and simple.
I have to agree as we seem to get penalties for shit, then the other team does the same and it's play on......WTF.
I'm over the refs and bunker, bin the bunker and make the ref and touches accountable.

Rant over.

Interesting after game review by fox sports panel.

Last edited:
Progress.
He needs to shelve his proud BS. There’s nothing to be proud about this season and the ref as usual fucked us. 10 in the bin would have been a game changer. Instead we lose RTS for the rest of the game. Barnett also gets a hit to the head and refs blatantly wants to ignore it…. Fucking unbelievable
Enjoyed the game for what it was, sj's last home game. the emotion of sj, tears streaming down his face, what a awesome human being - a man! on the game and the team, it was an exciting game to watch, not boring, unfortunately we were outplayed by a better team, the officiating left a lot to be desired, afb was sanctioned over a tackle he did - it looked like he body slammed someone and then was placed on report wtf! now I wanna have a bitching session over the annoying commentators both monty and the other fella (a kiwi) - don't know his name for our home games, but jeezzz, but can't he be more one eyed or parochial, i.e. he was saying how awesome the doggies were tackling or how awesome they attacking etc. my point being stop been so bloody nice to the opposition teams FARK!!! just farken lie about how awesome the wahz are FFS!, never mind about giving a balanced fair commentary, would rather listen to blocker lol. rant over.

Enjoyed the game for what it was, sj's last home game. the emotion of sj, tears streaming down his face, what a awesome human being - a man! on the game and the team, it was an exciting game to watch, not boring, unfortunately we were outplayed by a better team, the officiating left a lot to be desired, afb was sanctioned over a tackle he did - it looked like he body slammed someone and then was placed on report wtf! now I wanna have a bitching session over the annoying commentators both monty and the other fella (a kiwi) - don't know his name for our home games, but jeezzz, but can't he be more one eyed or parochial, i.e. he was saying how awesome the doggies were tackling or how awesome they attacking etc. my point being stop been so bloody nice to the opposition teams FARK!!! just farken lie about how awesome the wahz are FFS!, never mind about giving a balanced fair commentary, would rather listen to blocker lol. rant over.

I had to listen to the Aussie commentators. Blocker roach and that other guy. They were calling it as they saw it with an unbias lense. Baffled by some of the refs decisions. But it all makes sense when you know the refs are trying to fix the game….

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I had to listen to the Aussie commentators. Blocker roach and that other guy. They were calling it as they saw it with an unbias lense. Baffled by some of the refs decisions. But it all makes sense when you know the refs are trying to fix the game….
Blocker and Andrew Voss...
Love the commentary form Voss always calls it as he sees it,
TBH I think the Warriors are his 2nd team...lol

Shaun Johnson’s final game at Mt Smart Stadium (sorry, make that Shaun Johnson Stadium) wasn’t about whether they’d beat the Bulldogs or how well the team played, it was about farewelling a Warriors legend.

The Warriors lost 34-18 for their fourth defeat in a row, but regardless of that, Friday night will still go down as one of the most memorable games in the history of this NRL club.

Johnson still has next weekend’s away fixture against the Sharks to get through before he can finally hang up the boots, but this was his goodbye.

Many things haven’t gone right for the Warriors this season, but the way the club handled this was close to perfection.

The three departing players, Addin Fonua-Blake, Jazz Tevaga and Johnson, were all given special welcomes onto the field, with the final walk through the tunnel of players saved for Johnson, who came onto the field with his wife, Kayla Johnson, and their two children. It didn’t take long before tears were running down Johnson’s face.

But it was an inauspicious beginning to the game for him, dropping the ball when taking a pass after just 24 seconds.

Seven minutes into the game, as he was wearing the No 7 jersey, the call went out to the crowd to give Johnson a standing ovation and almost all the 24,295 spectators obliged.

That was followed by the Warriors getting out to a 12-0 lead, then taking an 18-16 advantage into the break, but getting outplayed in the second half.

After the game, there was a ceremony on the field for Johnson, which all the Bulldogs players stayed to watch, despite the rain. He then spent over an hour going around the field signing autographs and having selfies with fans.

The players all had a private moment together in their changing shed once Johnson made it back, with former team-mates like Charlie Gubb, Glen Fisiiahi and Albert Vete joining them to celebrate the occasion.

Then it was into the Warriors gym, where friends and family were waiting. So yes, a big night for the 33-year-old.

“Emotional, obviously the start, the walkout, it just hit me,” Johnson said.

“I didn’t know what was going on and you could tell because I dropped the ball in the first set.

“But it was just a really special night, with all the family and having all the people that have played such a massive role in my career here.

“I’ve been looked after by the club. That’s meant the world to me.”

Johnson says he has no regrets about turning down an offer from the Warriors to play on in 2025.

“I am so sore right now. I am like I can’t remember being this busted,” he said.

“It’s been a tough year physically and people can say what they want about the decision, but ultimately I’m so content with it.

“I would have loved to win tonight and that’s probably the only disappointment that I feel, it sucks not winning, but it is what it is. I’ve still got so much to smile about, that’s certainly what I’ll focus on.”

Immediately after the game, Johnson wanted to savour the moment, make sure he took in everything, but also meet as many of the fans as he could.

“They stayed out there in the rain for hours after the game. The least I can do is go acknowledge them,” he said.

“I actually don’t know what to say about it, a crazy position to be in when you get people so passionate about you in that manner and I wish I could have got to everyone around the whole stadium, but obviously that’s not doable.

“So I can’t thank the people that stayed around and showed up enough.”

There had been speculation recently that Johnson could have one last hurrah before hanging up the boots and play for the Kiwis in the Pacific Championships.

Under Stacey Jones, the Kiwis will play Australia at Apollo Projects Stadium in Christchurch on October 27, then take on Tonga at Mt Smart Stadium on November 2.

Depending on how those results go, they’d play in the final in Sydney on November 10. But Johnson has all but ruled himself out of being involved.

“If I genuinely thought I was the best option for the Kiwis, then I’d put my hand up,” he said.

“But we are in a great place with the halves that we’ve got and we’ve got a coach who’s got the reins and gets the mould side how he likes.

“So I’m not going to stand in the way of that. My time in the Kiwis is some of the best of my career.

“Some of the best moments and memories were created wearing that black jersey so I’m not going to go grovelling back there just to hold onto something that I think has passed me and I’ll happily watch them and support them and celebrate their success.”
[/QUOTE]
Cheers for the quotes and post👌

Yeah. Not gonna lie. When he walked out with the family, soaked it all in then couldn’t hold back the emotion, it did make me choke up. Not the crying type but that moment hit hard. I was so pumped for us to send him off on a high with a win. When i saw him attack the line it brought sheer unadulterated joy to me. It all went shits up when I saw the ref constantly making 50/50 calls against us. I didn’t even watch the last 10mins . And really wanted to vent my frustration after the game but out of respect to SJ’s final appearance saving all my utter frustrations for today…. 😡

Where would we be placed if he hadn't been injured for 8 games? I have a bad feeling we would have been in spoon contention and sweating on last round results

Dont dig at TMM - I can see his lovely fella with awondeful engaging relaxed personality
On the foot ball side just needs more consistency and sharper kicking

SJ-has given us so much joy over the years- I ve cried with laughter at some of his ridiculous tries that simply nobody else could sc

Dont dig at TMM - I can see his lovely fella with awondeful engaging relaxed personality
On the foot ball side just needs more consistency and sharper kicking

SJ-has given us so much joy over the years- I ve cried with laughter at some of his ridiculous tries that simply nobody else could score
I totally agree with you on tmm. And I was not having a dig at him. I was trying to point out the things you said. My words did not come out properly and for that I apologise. I just get upset when Rugby league is a team sport. And when we lose 1 player who can do things like no one else can. Get the blame. It is not a 1 man team.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We were in front at that point and had to restructure the whole team to make it work so I disagree,
Then after that there's more high shots, but no one gets sent to the bin...
Sure we were in front however that has nothing to do with RTS. If you want a simple example of why he’s a liability then go back & rewatch the Xerri try. He’s just standing in the defensive line stationary, Xerri easily gets on the outside of him & he has nowhere near enough pace to cover him. DWZ doesn’t help the situation (ever), however I think it’s pretty clear that the two of them don’t trust one another to defend their man. It’s horrible and you see it every game. There’s just no way that RTS playing the full 80 or not was ever going to be the difference in us winning or losing that game last night.

Hopefully Crichton slips into someones shoulder and gets knocked out.
Crighton v Flanagan
I thought the outcome of that was unfair
Crighton v RTS

Let’s see those match review / judiciary rule on this

I hope Crighton gets ruled out for a few games

He is becoming. A thug/ grub

Crighton v Flanagan
I thought the outcome of that was unfair
Crighton v RTS

Let’s see those match review / judiciary rule on this

I hope Crighton gets ruled out for a few games

He is becoming. A thug/ grub
The grub will only miss one game
RTS misses last night and ruled out next week due to HIA.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Even the match committee are idiots.

I totally agree with you on tmm. And I was not having a dig at him. I was trying to point out the things you said. My words did not come out properly and for that I apologise. I just get upset when Rugby league is a team sport. And when we lose 1 player who can do things like no one else can. Get the blame. It is not a 1 man team.
No worries.
No need to apologise
Tmm is a lovely fella a real old school
Kiwi with great human qualities

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The grub will only miss one game
RTS misses last night and ruled out next week due to HIA.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Even the match committee are idiots.
One game
Doesn’t seem right
Crighton grub prob damaged 10 per cent of Rts s brain and Crighton gets one week
Hope he gets about five weeks and the. Bull dogs are eliminated from the finals ridiculously early
Me - vindictive?
Yeah

Go to last season

I distinctly remember Marata and also Barnett getting 10 in the bin for an exact tackle where they stood their ground and let the ball carrier run into their shoulder. In fact Marata has been binned multiple times for doing the exact same tackle.

I agree I think it was 100% a sin bin but think if RTS doesn’t wobble or is just a category 2, I think it wouldn’t be as big of a deal.

Bunker 100% fucked up but the actual hit wasn’t that bad.

I 100% didn’t see it in real time. It was only when RTS starting doing the tango and saw it on the replay I thought wait a minute.

for example I think the Max king hit on Barnett was worse but no one’s talking about that because Barnett didn’t stumble or go of for concussion.

It’s a absolute joke the way the game is run.

Unfortunately we seem to always be made an example of for other teams or we are the ones setting the example to then be followed.

We’re constantly on the rough end of contentious calls.

It’s a fucking joke

I agree I think it was 100% a sin bin but think if RTS doesn’t wobble or is just a category 2, I think it wouldn’t be as big of a deal.

Bunker 100% fucked up but the actual hit wasn’t that bad.

I 100% didn’t see it in real time. It was only when RTS starting doing the tango and saw it on the replay I thought wait a minute.

for example I think the Max king hit on Barnett was worse but no one’s talking about that because Barnett didn’t stumble or go of for concussion.

It’s a absolute joke the way the game is run.

Unfortunately we seem to always be made an example of for other teams or we are the ones setting the example to then be followed.

We’re constantly on the rough end of contentious calls.

It’s a fucking joke
Cause and effect mate.
Most guys are trying to milk for a penalty
RTS was trying to do the exact opposite and it was clear he was concussed.
Some hits look way worse but they’re not because the point of contact isn’t on a critical part of the head.

The penalty needs to take into consideration the impact it had on the player. Forget about intent nonesense. No player intentionally goes out to hit high. Mitigation excuse by the ref. What absolute rubbish nonsense is he on about ???

I guarantee you if that was Marata he would be 10 in the bin no questions asked.

Apparently the Manly game the night before there were 3 sin bins for much less than what happened to RTS last night. It pisses me off. It really does..

Cause and effect mate.
Most guys are trying to milk for a penalty
RTS was trying to do the exact opposite and it was clear he was concussed.
Some hits look way worse but they’re not because the point of contact isn’t on a critical part of the head.

The penalty needs to take into consideration the impact it had on the player. Forget about intent nonesense. No player intentionally goes out to hit high. Mitigation excuse by the ref. What absolute rubbish nonsense is he on about ???

I guarantee you if that was Marata he would be 10 in the bin no questions asked.

Apparently the Manly game the night before there were 3 sin bins for much less than what happened to RTS last night. It pisses me off. It really does..

I don’t know what else I can say to show you that I agree with you.

I’m just saying it wasn’t forceful or deliberate.

The duty of care is with Crichton and he should have been binned because that’s been a bin since the game started.

It’s incredibly dangerous for the 3rd ref to just let that go after he’s clearly seen a player unable to stay on his feet trying to ply the ball.

I would go as far as to say the warriors should be looking into some legal avenues so sue the nrl for lack of duty to it’s players.

They could easily show that that’s the first time in 10 years a player isn’t sent off after making direct contact to the head of an opposing player who is then clearly concussed.

But we won’t, because our club is run by a bunch of fucking pussies.

Get Cam the Clown George out of there.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back