• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Post Match Warriors v Bulldogs - [Round 25, 2024]

Warriors vs Bulldogs

Warriors

18 - 34

MATCH COMPLETE

Go Media Stadium

23 Aug 2024

Bulldogs

Match Stats

Warriors Bulldogs
3 Tries 6
3 / 3 Conversions 5 / 6
0/0 Field Goals 0/0
0/0 2P Field Goals 0/0
2 Try Assists 6
Warriors Bulldogs
48% Possession 52%
9 / 28 Set Completion 8 / 27
47 Time in Opposition Half 53
1112 Metres Gained 1149
2 Dropouts 2
1 Dummy Half Runs 3
12 / 311 Kicks/Kick Metres 17 / 455
0 40/20 1
0 20/40 0
8 Offloads 3
0 1 on 1 Steals 0
5 Line Breaks 4
4 Line Break Assists 2
5 Support Play 13
Warriors Bulldogs
9 / 28 Set Completion 8 / 27
5 Penalties (Conceded) 6
8 Set Restarts 2
12 Errors 9

Player Stats

# Warriors T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
1 C. Nicoll-Klokstad 0 0 0 1 4 1 4 0 0 21 0 0 0m 110m 2 0
2 D. Watene-Zelezniak 0 0 0 0 2 2 3 0 0 13 0 1 15m 81m 1 0
3 A. Pompey 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 1 0 0 0m 5m 0 1
4 R. Tuivasa-Sheck 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 2 0 8 0 0 0m 42m 1 0
5 M. Montoya 1 4 0 1 6 0 1 0 0 14 0 0 0m 93m 0 1
6 L. Metcalf 0 0 2 0 0 0 9 4 0 21 0 0 0m 40m 0 1
7 S. Johnson 0 6 0 0 5 1 6 3 0 40 0 11 296m 47m 3 0
8 A. Fonua-Blake 0 0 0 0 2 3 38 0 0 14 0 0 0m 108m 0 1
9 W. Egan 1 4 0 1 1 0 32 1 0 5 1 0 0m 14m 0 1
16 J. Tevaga 0 0 0 0 1 0 38 1 0 12 0 0 0m 87m 1 0
10 M. Barnett 0 0 0 0 1 0 25 4 0 8 0 0 0m 88m 0 0
12 K. Capewell 1 4 0 1 3 0 19 1 0 16 0 0 0m 129m 1 0
13 D. Walker 0 0 0 0 1 0 33 1 0 13 0 0 0m 79m 0 0
11 M. Niukore 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 1 0 8 0 0 0m 44m 2 0
14 F. Lussick 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 0 0 1 0 0 0m 0m 1 0
17 D. Sifakula 0 0 0 1 5 0 12 0 0 11 0 0 0m 101m 0 0
18 C. Harris-Tavita 0 0 0 0 0 1 8 1 0 8 0 0 0m 44m 0 0
15 T. Ale 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0
# Bulldogs T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
1 C. Tracey 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 1 0 25 0 1 10m 92m 1 0
2 J. Kiraz 1 4 0 0 2 2 11 1 0 14 0 0 0m 120m 0 0
3 B. Xerri 1 4 0 1 1 0 10 2 0 11 0 1 19m 82m 3 0
4 S. Crichton 1 4 1 1 2 0 10 4 0 13 0 0 0m 97m 0 1
5 J. Addo-Carr 1 4 0 0 2 0 1 1 0 14 0 0 0m 87m 0 0
6 M. Burton 0 10 2 0 4 0 18 3 0 23 0 7 272m 37m 0 0
7 T. Sexton 0 0 2 0 1 0 18 1 0 33 0 7 122m 21m 2 0
23 M. King 0 0 0 0 0 0 22 1 0 13 0 0 0m 108m 0 2
9 R. Mahoney 0 0 0 0 0 0 35 3 0 8 2 1 32m 29m 0 0
10 S. Hughes 0 0 0 0 0 0 27 0 0 14 0 0 0m 98m 0 1
11 V. Kikau 0 0 1 1 4 0 14 7 0 11 1 0 0m 76m 1 1
12 J. Preston 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 0 0 5 0 0 0m 38m 0 0
13 K. Mann 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 0 0 7 0 0 0m 35m 1 0
14 B. Hayward 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 2 0 2 0 0 0m 13m 0 0
15 K. Morrin 1 4 0 0 1 0 9 1 0 8 0 0 0m 63m 0 0
16 H. Hayes 1 4 0 1 1 0 17 2 0 13 0 0 0m 93m 0 0
17 J. Salmon 0 0 0 0 0 0 19 2 0 9 0 0 0m 60m 1 1
21 E. Clark 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• A+

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • A

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • B

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • C

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • F-

Votes: 31 36.5%

• Total voters
NZWarriors.com
Where are all the little bitches that stick up for the officials, blatant fucking cheating on display last night.

I get tired of saying it. There is no conspiracy, only incompetence.

Look at 24 hours early in the Manly game, gross incompetence.

The refs and bunker are utter trash for everyone. We think we get crook calls... I watch nearly every game of every season, officiating is cooked everywhere.

It's an absolute joke.

The refs and bunker are utter trash for everyone. We think we get crook calls... I watch nearly every game of every season, officiating is cooked everywhere.

It's an absolute joke.
Those were bunker calls last night weren't they?

I'm of the opinion that we go back to having the bunker rule on tries only and any foul play gets reviewed after the game with harsher suspensions. I would even like to see the ref being able to check out a replay of an event he wanted to during the game, a bit like they do in the premier league

Arman 2.0 you write you live in melbourne. Just wondering are you really a wahs fan . Or a storm fan in disguise. Your comments are disturbing about sj. And it does make you wonder what you are you trying to achieve to sabotage rhis champion player. And his many memories he has created. Have you ever played professional rugby league. Because if not really should you be a critic no my guess is not. As none of us know what they put their bodies through every day. Also there is a reason why tmm has been through 4 clubs this is just my opinon.
Dont dig at TMM - I can see his lovely fella with awondeful engaging relaxed personality
On the foot ball side just needs more consistency and sharper kicking

SJ-has given us so much joy over the years- I ve cried with laughter at some of his ridiculous tries that simply nobody else could score

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

It's an absolute joke.
That’s fair, but when the bunker gets an opportunity to look in slow motion why RTS was unsteady on his feet and doesn’t intervene, something seems off to me. I thought even worse was an origin rep and hard man having to stay down and point to the blood around his eye to get the ref to even consider a penalty, actually thought Barnett was about to walk off when he gave the ball up and walked away after a penalty took an age to transpire. Jazz looked like he’d taken a head to his face too? The last time we played the bulldogs, it was TMM hit late and high to which the nrl conceded they made a mistake. That game directly cost a result, this one didn’t but losing both centres certainly contributed. Barnett said to the ref at the time regarding RTS, “what if we don’t get him back”, and we didn’t. A penalty and on report for a direct shoulder to the head causing trauma that the player couldn’t return but the nrl is trying to stamp out high shots? Remember RTS penalised for his arm going around the neck last week I think? Sin binned for a supposed tip tackle. There are howlers every week, I agree. But not to level of such head scratching decisions the Warriors cop week after week

It's an absolute joke.
Not calling officiating against us any sort of conspiracy, incompetence is not calling Crichtons try a knock on, cheating is not sending Crichton off for the shoulder to RTS head. The shoulder to the head was bare minimum in any game a penalty.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Can someone enlighten me on why Montoya keeps getting selected? He is not an NRL standard winger, is slow and doesn't score enough tries; in fact he blows many opportunities because of his lack of pace and and agility, that others would finish. Leiataua and Graham-Taufua have shown so much more promise when given the opportunity. That try MGT set up for DWZ on the right edge against the Tigers, no way Montoya has the gas to set that up.

That’s fair, but when the bunker gets an opportunity to look in slow motion why RTS was unsteady on his feet and doesn’t intervene, something seems off to me. I thought even worse was an origin rep and hard man having to stay down and point to the blood around his eye to get the ref to even consider a penalty, actually thought Barnett was about to walk off when he gave the ball up and walked away after a penalty took an age to transpire. Jazz looked like he’d taken a head to his face too? The last time we played the bulldogs, it was TMM hit late and high to which the nrl conceded they made a mistake. That game directly cost a result, this one didn’t but losing both centres certainly contributed. Barnett said to the ref at the time regarding RTS, “what if we don’t get him back”, and we didn’t. A penalty and on report for a direct shoulder to the head causing trauma that the player couldn’t return but the nrl is trying to stamp out high shots? Remember RTS penalised for his arm going around the neck last week I think? Sin binned for a supposed tip tackle. There are howlers every week, I agree. But not to level of such head scratching decisions the Warriors cop week after week

I would concede there could be an element of unconscious bias.

As you say, the sheer number of incidents has long been cause for concern.

But any notion there is some sort of conspiracy, planned cheating or otherwise is just total nonsense.

I would concede there could be an element of unconscious bias.

As you say, the sheer number of incidents has long been cause for concern.

But any notion there is some sort of conspiracy, planned cheating or otherwise is just total nonsense.
It’s the nrl creating this perception. I’m sure every fan feels their club cops unfair treatment but last year we had our major sponsor ceo actually go as far as labelling it cheating publicly, haven’t seen that before. Actually thought that period was our most fairly officiated games I’ve watched in some time. The refs have a safety net of an ex ref and politician being in their corner and until that changes I think we’re naive to think anything will change

Not calling officiating against us any sort of conspiracy, incompetence is not calling Crichtons try a knock on, cheating is not sending Crichton off for the shoulder to RTS head. The shoulder to the head was bare minimum in any game a penalty.
CAPTAINS CALL
Time our captain called the team off the field
With regards to all the shit calls we are ALWAYS receiving.
I feel this is the only way to bring this shit to a head
Yes it will cost the club $s but it needs to be done
FIX IT once and for all

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
CAPTAINS CALL
Time our captain called the team off the field
With regards to all the shit calls we are ALWAYS receiving.
I feel this is the only way to bring this shit to a head
Yes it will cost the club $s but it needs to be done
FIX IT once and for all
I truly thought that’s what Barnett was doing last night. The team looked visibly frustrated with what they were receiving. AFB had a row with the ref at one point. Jazz looked thoroughly unamused when the camera panned to him in another questionable call. Walker looked like he wanted to kill someone the way he was constantly walked back after the held was called

I truly thought that’s what Barnett was doing last night. The team looked visibly frustrated with what they were receiving. AFB had a row with the ref at one point. Jazz looked thoroughly unamused when the camera panned to him in another questionable call. Walker looked like he wanted to kill someone the way he was constantly walked back after the held was called
CAMERON GEORGE..........ANDREW WEBSTER
Grow some balls and give them the ok to do it

Actually thought that period was our most fairly officiated games I’ve watched in some time.

Absolutely. Although I would say that we got the rub of the green alot with some fairly controversial calls (CNKs 'charge down' in the Manly game etc)

My issue is that Paris speaking out had this impact.

To me, it's not that he shouldn't need to do it, we all feel hard done by in a loss, it's the fact that the refs have free interpretation of the rules. At that point theyre effectively guidelines.

Again, I understand you can't call them all. But a shoulder to the head, is a shoulder to the head. It's pretty black and white and so should be the outcome.

Absolutely. Although I would say that we got the rub of the green alot with some fairly controversial calls (CNKs 'charge down' in the Manly game etc)

My issue is that Paris speaking out had this impact.

To me, it's not that he shouldn't need to do it, we all feel hard done by in a loss, it's the fact that the refs have free interpretation of the rules. At that point theyre effectively guidelines.

Again, I understand you can't call them all. But a shoulder to the head, is a shoulder to the head. It's pretty black and white and so should be the outcome.
That’s why I think Annersley needs to go. The refs know they’ve got someone in him that’s going to do all they can to cover up their inept performances. I think even we fans try to make allowances for why this or that is called, or this and that isn’t. There should be no grey area with what RTS and Barnett copped last night. Some players try to play for penalties, but RTS was the complete opposite. He tried to act like he was fine to continue when the slowed down footage showed why he stumbling

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
That’s why I think Annersley needs to go. The refs know they’ve got someone in him that’s going to do all they can to cover up their inept performances. I think even we fans try to make allowances for why this or that is called, or this and that isn’t. There should be no grey area with what RTS and Barnett copped last night. Some players try to play for penalties, but RTS was the complete opposite. He tried to act like he was fine to continue when the slowed down footage showed why he stumbling
MY THOUGHTS
If AW and Cam George dont do anything . You have to ask this
DO THEY REALLY HAVE THE CLUB AT HEART

I watch most, if not all, games in each round across the comp. Two things are true:

- The reffing is of an absolutely dire standard across the league. There is zero consistency, calls from the bunker can be baffling, and there's no accountability with Annesley bailing out even the biggest howlers. They will focus on one call for a couple of weeks - for example the downtown rule - and then completely forget it exists.

-The Warriors - and other perceived lesser teams - cop the majority share of these calls. We obviously get it bad as Wahs fans, but remember when the Tigers lost a game because the dipshit ref allowed the Cowboys to make a challenge after the whistle had blown and no stoppage in play?

Shaun Johnson’s final game at Mt Smart Stadium (sorry, make that Shaun Johnson Stadium) wasn’t about whether they’d beat the Bulldogs or how well the team played, it was about farewelling a Warriors legend.

The Warriors lost 34-18 for their fourth defeat in a row, but regardless of that, Friday night will still go down as one of the most memorable games in the history of this NRL club.

Johnson still has next weekend’s away fixture against the Sharks to get through before he can finally hang up the boots, but this was his goodbye.

Many things haven’t gone right for the Warriors this season, but the way the club handled this was close to perfection.

The three departing players, Addin Fonua-Blake, Jazz Tevaga and Johnson, were all given special welcomes onto the field, with the final walk through the tunnel of players saved for Johnson, who came onto the field with his wife, Kayla Johnson, and their two children. It didn’t take long before tears were running down Johnson’s face.

But it was an inauspicious beginning to the game for him, dropping the ball when taking a pass after just 24 seconds.

Seven minutes into the game, as he was wearing the No 7 jersey, the call went out to the crowd to give Johnson a standing ovation and almost all the 24,295 spectators obliged.

That was followed by the Warriors getting out to a 12-0 lead, then taking an 18-16 advantage into the break, but getting outplayed in the second half.

After the game, there was a ceremony on the field for Johnson, which all the Bulldogs players stayed to watch, despite the rain. He then spent over an hour going around the field signing autographs and having selfies with fans.

The players all had a private moment together in their changing shed once Johnson made it back, with former team-mates like Charlie Gubb, Glen Fisiiahi and Albert Vete joining them to celebrate the occasion.

Then it was into the Warriors gym, where friends and family were waiting. So yes, a big night for the 33-year-old.

“Emotional, obviously the start, the walkout, it just hit me,” Johnson said.

“I didn’t know what was going on and you could tell because I dropped the ball in the first set.

“But it was just a really special night, with all the family and having all the people that have played such a massive role in my career here.

“I’ve been looked after by the club. That’s meant the world to me.”

Johnson says he has no regrets about turning down an offer from the Warriors to play on in 2025.

“I am so sore right now. I am like I can’t remember being this busted,” he said.

“It’s been a tough year physically and people can say what they want about the decision, but ultimately I’m so content with it.

“I would have loved to win tonight and that’s probably the only disappointment that I feel, it sucks not winning, but it is what it is. I’ve still got so much to smile about, that’s certainly what I’ll focus on.”

Immediately after the game, Johnson wanted to savour the moment, make sure he took in everything, but also meet as many of the fans as he could.

“They stayed out there in the rain for hours after the game. The least I can do is go acknowledge them,” he said.

“I actually don’t know what to say about it, a crazy position to be in when you get people so passionate about you in that manner and I wish I could have got to everyone around the whole stadium, but obviously that’s not doable.

“So I can’t thank the people that stayed around and showed up enough.”

There had been speculation recently that Johnson could have one last hurrah before hanging up the boots and play for the Kiwis in the Pacific Championships.

Under Stacey Jones, the Kiwis will play Australia at Apollo Projects Stadium in Christchurch on October 27, then take on Tonga at Mt Smart Stadium on November 2.

Depending on how those results go, they’d play in the final in Sydney on November 10. But Johnson has all but ruled himself out of being involved.

“If I genuinely thought I was the best option for the Kiwis, then I’d put my hand up,” he said.

“But we are in a great place with the halves that we’ve got and we’ve got a coach who’s got the reins and gets the mould side how he likes.

“So I’m not going to stand in the way of that. My time in the Kiwis is some of the best of my career.

“Some of the best moments and memories were created wearing that black jersey so I’m not going to go grovelling back there just to hold onto something that I think has passed me and I’ll happily watch them and support them and celebrate their success.”

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back