13 K. Hetherington 0 0 0 0 0 0 36 0 0 11 0 0 0m 58m 0 0
9 B. Walters 0 0 0 0 0 0 24 0 0 6 3 1 49m 21m 0 0
15 F. Baker 0 0 0 0 1 0 18 1 0 4 0 0 0m 12m 2 0
16 J. Karapani 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 4 0 0 0m 5m 1 0
17 M. Taupau 0 0 0 0 1 0 20 0 0 17 0 0 0m 140m 0 0
18 J. Rogers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0m 0m 0 0

Rate the game?

• Total voters
SJ was not the reason Titans put 66 on us… some of youse simple minded souls need to stop blaming SJ for all the team’s problems… it’s all on the coach…
He was a big part of it. But it will take me a 300 word essay to explain why as league is a complicated game with many interdependencies.

Has anyone been able to answer the question as to who gave the green light for SJ to play the Storm and Titans game? You can't lay the blame solely at his feet but it was pretty clear he wasn't right or anywhere near a stage you would be comfortable that he could perform to a high standard and there was no need to rush him back with how TMM and CHT had performed there in the halves. Something seriously not right there.

SJ was not the reason Titans put 66 on us… some of youse simple minded souls need to stop blaming SJ for all the team’s problems… it’s all on the coach… his inability to fix the problems at half time tells him his words have lost meaning … Webby needs to get a spine and call a spade a spade
You have to be a simple minded soul to think that Barnett and Capewell were the 50 point difference in the space of a week

SJ was not the reason Titans put 66 on us… some of youse simple minded souls need to stop blaming SJ for all the team’s problems… it’s all on the coach… his inability to fix the problems at half time tells him his words have lost meaning … Webby needs to get a spine and call a spade a spade
Thank god Webby single-handedly won us the game tonight then eh.
Come to think of it I don’t even know why we bother having players- total waste of the salary cap :unsure:

Has anyone been able to answer the question as to who gave the green light for SJ to play the Storm and Titans game? You can't lay the blame solely at his feet but it was pretty clear he wasn't right or anywhere near a stage you would be comfortable that he could perform to a high standard and there was no need to rush him back with how TMM and CHT had performed there in the halves. Something seriously not right there.
Been telling ya for years mate- never change a winning team ;)

I’ll tell you one thing: in the NRL, you HAVE to bring your A game every week. Slip up even a little and you'll pay for it—any lapse in concentration, any small mistake gets punished. What I’m trying to say is, maybe there isn’t an internal feud like all you gossipers are claiming to explain our current form. The desire and belief from the seasoned players has just leveled off. It’s totally normal. The excitement and thrill of playing NRL slowly fades as you get older; it’s just natural behavior. I can see it happening here. We need to inject some youth and excitement back into the team. That’s pretty obvious to me. It’s that’s simple. You will see this in the dogs next week. Mark my words.

Broncos in a bit of a slump too but begs the question for me just how we go from not being able to defend at all to only conceding 16 points this week? People will say speed but there’s some speedsters in the broncos too like the titans last week. The wet conditions would have somewhat eradicated that to a degree but there feels like there’s more to the dynamics of this team than meets the eye

Walker at 12 Tohu started at 13 then CHT at 13 🤣 no Mitch or Capewah staring at players, no penetration from SJ with a WTF face at “7” and finally a shellshocked young coach

Last edited:
Just though the lack of anything from attitude right across the board was noticeably missing last week and wondered if it was a statement from some that they weren’t happy with the current makeup of the team. Can recall pictures at trainings through the year with TMM and Walker deep in conversation and think their own personal form has a lot to do with each other. Probably not a fair summation to SJ and many more layers to it, but certainly think the direct style of play that TMM and CHT is paying dividends
The lack of variation in attack hasnt been a secret and has been something obvious for a wee while now and it does seem the CHT/TMM combo is a better fit in this regard atm. but I do tho think its a stretch to blame your halfback for a defensive effort that lets in 60 points t....even moreso in some sort of silent protest over team selections.

We didnt bring the attitude and effort right from the start, and in this comp if your off in these effort areas by even small margins it can quickly snowball away from u especially if if your compounding it with errors and penalties. I know its probably fan nature to quickly jump to "there must be something more than meets the eye" going on but sometimes if your not switched on it can happen......and we're not a good enough side to not be switched on.

I’ve got all night… ✍️
It is my view after doing many multi factor analyses that there is never one reason for anything happening. So you are right blaming it on SJ is myopic.
The factors that stood out to me was CHT playing lock where he got outmuscled. Walker playing second row where he was awful. CNK having the worst night of his career probably cost us 20 of the 66 points.
Where SJ comes into it is that by the Warriors being unable to cross the stripe when we did have the ball we couldn't bring the massive warriors fans crowd in the Gold Coast stadium into the match. The most applauded try of the night in terms of noise was the warriors single try. Once Gold cost got to about 30 to zero as opposed to say 30-12 had SJ got us across the stripe, the scoreboard pressure became immense and Gold Coast became emboldened by how far in front they were so they scored some adventurous tries and ran up the scoreboard.
The All Blacks have a similar MO if you keep the game tight the ABs will play percentage rugby. If you clock off and let the ABs get 30 points ahead they will suddenly get expansive and emboldened by the score line and put the opposition to the sword.

Gold Coast put us to the sword last week once they had the game in the bag by half time.

The lack of variation in attack hasnt been a secret and has been something obvious for a wee while now and it does seem the CHT/TMM combo is a better fit in this regard atm. but I do tho think its a stretch to blame your halfback for a defensive effort that lets in 60 points t....even moreso in some sort of silent protest over team selections.

We didnt bring the attitude and effort right from the start, and in this comp if your off in these effort areas by even small margins it can quickly snowball away from u especially if if your compounding it with errors and penalties. I know its probably fan nature to quickly jump to "there must be something more than meets the eye" going on but sometimes if your not switched on it can happen......and we're not a good enough side to not be switched on.
Just my observation that I’m entitled to post on a forum, that I have no evidence to say is true, but you have no evidence to say it’s false. You’d have to be naive to think all of this collectively from his contract negotiations going quiet to his onfield form aren’t in some way connected. Something is going on and he’s not the only one whose form has dipped considerably. The other noticeably to me is CNK

It is my view after doing many multi factor analyses that there is never one reason for anything happening. So you are right blaming it on SJ is myopic.
The factors that stood out to me was CHT playing lock where he got outmuscled. Walker playing second row where he was awful. CNK having the worst night of his career probably cost us 20 of the 66 points.
Where SJ comes into it is that by the Warriors being unable to cross the stripe when we did have the ball we couldn't bring the massive warriors fans crowd in the Gold Coast stadium into the match. The most applauded try of the night in terms of noise was the warriors single try. Once Gold cost got to about 30 to zero as opposed to say 30-12 had SJ got us across the stripe, the scoreboard pressure became immense and Gold Coast became emboldened by how far in front they were so they scored some adventurous tries and ran up the scoreboard.
The All Blacks have a similar MO if you keep the game tight the ABs will play percentage rugby. If you clock off and let the ABs get 30 points ahead they will suddenly get expansive and emboldened by the score line and put the opposition to the sword.

Gold Coast put us to the sword last week once they had the game in the bag by half time.
What worries me is they clocked off and couldn’t clock back on in the second half. QLD could do it. But we couldn’t. That’s a massive red flag that goes beyond one player. That’s on the coach. We were lucky we played a subpar broncos team today because there were times this team looked like they were about to do it again

Not injecting youth off the bench while getting dicked in the first half should be part of your analysis.

Turning to said youths at a 40 point deficit, another part of your analysis.

That bench today was not far off trash too in my mind. Ale just needs to be there.

Posts this week about a certain player vocal about his party lifestyle, said player was not named by the poster. If one allowed his mind to wander, looking at unexplained absence from the top team is a good place to start... and that could be many players....

What worries me is they clocked off and couldn’t clock back on in the second half. QLD could do it. But we couldn’t. That’s a massive red flag that goes beyond one player. That’s on the coach.
Last week was all Webster's loss and it was poor form for him to blame the players for not trying hard and not playing well.
It was all on Webster
Did SJ have to play
Did Walker have to play second row or could Laban or Ford not have played there
Chanel I am sorry was pure shit warmed up in the frying pan at Lock. He should never play there again.
And what exactly was said in the team talk this week. Why did CNK and the normally reliable Jazz play like turkeys. I suspect the coaching staff poured too much pressure on the players with rubbish like "winning this match against the Titans is a non negotiable". I don't know for sure on that pure speculation. The Science of Winning is that you don't talk about winning or moving up the ladder or outcomes of winning to an athlete. You did what SK said all along. You just focus the team talk on the process and going into the match focused on executing all the details of the process rather than trying to win or thinking a win tonight is a non negotiable and playing tight because of it.
Webster 100% the loss last week. But Webster helped the team win this week. Tonight was Webster's win as much as last week it was Webster's loss.
Webster will get us a premiership. But he is learning on the job.

Last week was all Webster's loss and it was poor form for him to blame the players for not trying hard and not playing well.
It was all on Webster
Did SJ have to play
Did Walker have to play second row or could Laban or Ford not have played there
Chanel I am sorry was pure shit warmed up in the frying pan at Lock. He should never play there again.
And what exactly was said in the team talk this week. Why did CNK and the normally reliable Jazz play like turkeys. I suspect the coaching staff poured too much pressure on the players with rubbish like "winning this match against the Titans is a non negotiable". I don't know for sure on that pure speculation. The Science of Winning is that you don't talk about winning or moving up the ladder or outcomes of winning to an athlete. You did what SK said all along. You just focus the team talk on the process and going into the match focused on executing all the details of the process rather than trying to win or thinking a win tonight is a non negotiable and playing tight because of it.
Webster 100% the loss last week. But Webster helped the team win this week. Tonight was Webster's win as much as last week it was Webster's loss.
Webster will get us a premiership. But he is learning on the job.

I wasn’t expecting that response from you… 😂

Back