• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
I might've incorrectly taken your statement as saying he's a bit of a flat track bully. Apologies if that's not the case but statistically he averaged 104m pg this year. Solely in losing matches (10) it was 101.4m. Seems pretty consistent, regardless of the teams form, considering 5 of those losses were by 16+
Would you be kind enough if you have the time, and don’t worry if you don’t, to repeat that analysis but factor in average minutes played.

NZWarriors.com
I just do not get why there is so mich talk about buying Props. FFS, we have JFH, Barnet, Niukore, Ford Ale Bunty Harris. This forum always want unicorn players they need Halves (incidentally I think MGT had promise there) and speed out wide.

Mate that list is pretty average outside of the first two if you're being fair:

JFH - Fantastic
Barney - Fantastic
Niukore - 6 starts in 7 years at prop in the NRL. Not his main role
Ford - 3 starts at prop in 6 years in the NRL. Not his main role
Ale - Barely played 20m a game this year - prop also isn't his main role.
Bunty - Average. Depth at best. Might be gone nek year anyways
Tohu - Is older and slower, and will likely play prop in stints. Not his main role

We've really only got 2 out n out experienced props for nek year and even then, Barney and JFH are smaller front rowers. Based on those names I think we would be hoping that our propping rotation really aims up next year

Last edited:

JFH - Fantastic
Barney - Fantastic
Tohu - Is older and slower, and will likely play prop in stints. Not his main role

We've really only got 2 out n out experiences props for nek year and even then, Barney and JFH are smaller front rowers. Based on those names I think we would be hoping that our propping rotation really aims up next year
Ford and Ale arnt going to be top class in any other position so bulk them up and make them props and nothing else.
Similar to BHU or RCG

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

JFH - Fantastic
Barney - Fantastic

We've really only got 2 out n out experienced props for nek year and even then, Barney and JFH are smaller front rowers. Based on those names I think we would be hoping that our propping rotation really aims up next year

Now we need to double down on props 🤣 🤣 #PropGate

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
39.1 mins (101.4m pg) in a losing side, & in one of these games he started at Second Row & ran for his fewest metres all year.
38.6 mins (104m pg) across the entire season.
Good analysis
( I work with numbers for a living )

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Lussick can play Cup and be a starter when Egan's knocked out, Healey keeps his place on the bench for impact
But I think they'll let Freddy go
If Walker/Tohu are finished then I'd use their $ to buy Thompson and Leota
We have the money to buy Willison now
That's why I said Sifakula needs to trim down for second row. Him, Laban and Halasima sharing the 2 backrow positions to take over Marata and Capewah in 1-2 years, since all our overseas elite kiwi boys with a chance of coming home are all props for some reason
Briton Nikora, available Nov 1, need a stud like him in the no.11

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Pretty sure they locked him up longer than the Willy Messiah, what’s that tell ya
Means he is as valuable as Billy Walters considering they are signed till end of 26?

Te Kura is a great point of difference with his height and frame, will be interesting to see how he progresses. His only affinity to nz is via his parents? Didnt realise he was born in Aus, and has put his hand up for Qld.

Means he is as valuable as Billy Walters considering they are signed till end of 26?

Te Kura is a great point of difference with his height and frame, will be interesting to see how he progresses. His only affinity to nz is via his parents? Didnt realise he was born in Aus, and has put his hand up for Qld.
If POS stayed in the same place for more than 2 years, SOS son of POS would earn a 3 yr deal somewhere as well…. Knights clearing funds for SOS?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back