Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, S = Supplementary contract (Formerly, Development), T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 19/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Tohu Harris, Edward Kosi, Te Maire Martin, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Demitric Vaimauga (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Tyran Wishart is unsigned beyond 2025, storm trying to lock him up long term before nov 1st. Yes injuries happen, but surely the guy dosen’t want to be a backup for the foreseeable future.
Amazing how they tend to keep who they want, Jonah Pezet has looking likely to re sign with some teams chasing him. Could see Wishart go to dragons though where his old man was a star at Illawarra and Tyrans junior team? Sounds very much like Ben Hunt is heading to bulldogs, with JAC heading the other way. Could imagine a few teams having a look at Toby Sexton if it eventuates. Broncos had shown interest in Sexton but with Ezra Mam’s situation, Hunt could be on their radar? Not sure how a Hunt/Reynolds combo would go and would only be for a year or so with their age?

Last edited:
Amazing how they tend to keep who they want, Jonah Pezet has looking likely to re sign with some teams chasing him. Could see Wishart go to dragons though where his old man was a star at Illawarra and Tyrans junior team? Sounds very much like Ben Hunt is heading to bulldogs, with JAC heading the other way. Could imagine a few teams having a look at Toby Sexton if it eventuates. Broncos had shown interest in Sexton but with Ezra Mam’s situation, Hunt could be on their radar? Not sure how a Hunt/Reynolds combo would go and would only be for a year or so with their age?

Now that Billy's dad isn't the coach maybe Bunt can play hooker for 2025 and then replace Reynolds for 2026?

Now that Billy's dad isn't the coach maybe Bunt can play hooker for 2025 and then replace Reynolds for 2026?
Things aren’t sounding great on the Ezra Mam front either. Unlicensed, failed drug test and hitting another vehicle could see a worst case scenario of him sacked? There’s been a lot of behavioural issues at broncos in recent times so Maguire could see it worth stamping his mark soon. Apparently Mam has had other issues this season so could be an indicator of his form? Interesting that Roache rumour on here, he fills halves and hooker. These are positions that Ben Hunt fills too

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Things aren’t sounding great on the Ezra Mam front either. Unlicensed, failed drug test and hitting another vehicle could see a worst case scenario of him sacked? There’s been a lot of behavioural issues at broncos in recent times so Maguire could see it worth stamping his mark soon. Apparently Mam has had other issues this season so could be an indicator of his form? Interesting that Roache rumour on here, he fills halves and hooker. These are positions that Ben Hunt fills too

So what I'm hearing is Ezra to the Wahs? 🤣

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Remember when Fusitua switched sides with Maumalo, complete reversal in try scoring frequency, fairly sure at least one of them got most tries in the NRL. I’m not overly happy about DWZ resigning, massive defensive liability.
That's how I remember it.
I don't think they ever switched sides - rather it was Hiku that switched from right to left centre from one year to the next. He played inside Fus in his big try scoring year and then inside Ken in his big year - said a lot about his ability to set up the outside man.

That's also how I remember it.
Who would you prefer 😏

Xavier Coates and Will Warbrick.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I thought Hiku was the one who swapped sides, not Fus and Ken.

It became a running debate on whether we re-signed Hiku because he'd do something mind-numbingly bad followed by scoring or setting up 2 tries.

I feel like we may sign an experienced versatile centre/wing if we can release someone but otherwise our 2-5 looks fairly set at the moment for 2025.

It became a running debate on whether we re-signed Hiku because he'd do something mind-numbingly bad followed by scoring or setting up 2 tries.

I feel like we may sign an experienced versatile centre/wing if we can release someone but otherwise our 2-5 looks fairly set at the moment for 2025.
Used to be an edge of SJ, Tohu, Hiku, Fus and we swapped Tohu and Hiku to the other side. Was weird.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Pretty sure it was Maumalo and Fusitua that switched but could be wrong? Hiku I thought was amazing offensively, but had frailties defensively, a bit like DWZ but man can he set up his wingers. He perfected that flick pass that I really thought Pompey had also in that broncos game where he looked to have set up Montoya twice, but the second pulled back for a jersey grab. Think if we’re talking about signing a Mulitalo or Xavier Savage, we also need to consider where we’re fitting RTS, Tuaupiki and CNK? I can see CNK either retaining fullback or getting centre, Tuaupiki getting fullback or RTS taking Montoya’s wing? Any could be a possibility to take left wing with it vacant though? Probably most unlikely CNK, but he was on the wing before when RTS was fullback

Back