• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
This ob leaving chat is giving geepee vibes just wait for the announcement and take it with a grain of salt until somethings official I could just pour petrol on the fire and say oh shit I had someone with inside knowledge tell me about this yesterday but didn't believe it also told me we have a new front row we on the way would u all start trying to guess the front rower next lmao ??
Did it sound like Leo Thompson?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
"I remember he looked at me and asked what’s wrong. I said, 'You obviously don’t trust in me because if you did, I would have played a lot more minutes,'" Curran recalled."

This is the key quote.

He was a very good player for us but it is more than that. This quote shows his petulance and quite frankly a real lack of professionalism.

Perhaps a better response is more along the lines of..

"Hey coach I'm getting a lot less minutes and it feels like I'm being pushed aside. What do you need from me to be a key part of the plans?"

To then chew the coach out for contacting him after he left, just classless.

I can't see any other scenrario than Curran tossed the toys and we said goodbye.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Curran sounds like he was upset at not getting minutes. Webster and the club clearly didn't think he was deserving of that, he never played well enough in 2023 to demand it to be fair. Add in the off field shit. Seems an immature attitude from Curran, to expect something without potentially earning it.

This outside back, I would guess Pompey or DWZ. Pompey would make sense, as we have so many centres next season.

The RTS clip on IG is a bit ominous.

Trying not to read too much into it but it does seem a bit cryptic.

Especially with the "...." at the bottom
Could be RTS being that Playdaball is obviously reluctant to divulge his information and that would be quite a big deal?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I’ve wondered for a while if Dan Carter is getting involved? Wonder if he could join in a kicking coach capacity? Finn Allen is the obvious odd one out, are they just random guests?
I think they are trying to get a representative from a number of sports. Just noteworthy that of all professional rugby players in NZ they asked Stevenson

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back