• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
The club should not continue with Roache in the halves. I believe he is better suited to hooker.
I’ve made my thoughts known about Fred Lussick previously and I’d have no issues if the club releases him. It does seem a little strange though that sign him for 3 years and then change this overnight.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
On the Cleary slap incident.

I don’t put too much weight in it. Yes, it’s not good and shouldn’t happen but the context is important. It was at a training session. Was he being pushed beyond his limits? Given harsh feedback when he was physically exhausted?

Black mark against his name and a learning curve for the player but league is all about taking young hormone fuelled bulls and channeling them into weapons on the field. Lots of players do off field stuff but get a pathway back.

A good coach will move on, reset and take it as a challenge to still get the most out of him. It seems this is the route Cleary has taken. Club first.

If there are serious character flaws, he will eventually be moved on.
Its like the constant bad PR infantry soldiers get. Take a bunch of testosterone filled young men, train thmn to be killing devils, but expect them to act like angels.

If you stare into the abyss..

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Tbh, I'd like to see a major clean out. Everyone can go over the age of 25 ? Lol. Keep Berry, Leiataua, Tuaupiki (Or is he in the 25 bracket now) Taufa Graham and bye to everyone else. I know I know. We need the experience amongst the youngsters.

Not necessarily, Panthers oldest back in the 21 GF was 25 years old.

I'm wondering what the point is with this NSW hooker? Lussick is serviceable as a back up hooker who we've recently resigned.

Given that Clarke is likely going to play back up hooker for us, it seems strange to move someone on who is likely 3rd on the list at hooker, for someone who has less experience and as far as I can see, no significant upside. There can't be much pay difference between them either, so just seems a bit strange that Lussick might be gone all of a sudden?

Also, have we confirmed Erin Clarke yet? Pretty sure it's been 10 days since we heard the rumours so is this a done deal? Maybe waiting til after their last game perhaps

The Healey's are Sharks through and through, so that would be an interesting signing. He's a decent size for a hooker with a good running game. If we are going to play a bench hooker, one that streaks up the middle through tired forwards would be a nice strength to have.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'm wondering what the point is with this NSW hooker? Lussick is serviceable as a back up hooker who we've recently resigned.

Given that Clarke is likely going to play back up hooker for us, it seems strange to move someone on who is likely 3rd on the list at hooker, for someone who has less experience and as far as I can see, no significant upside. There can't be much pay difference between them either, so just seems a bit strange that Lussick might be gone all of a sudden?

Also, have we confirmed Erin Clarke yet? Pretty sure it's been 10 days since we heard the rumours so is this a done deal? Maybe waiting til after their last game perhaps
Being that his old man played his career at five eighth, could we see him as a good option to cross over into the halves?

another poster said Erin Clark is coming here to play middle not hooker and that he mostly played middle in 2024

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
WEVE FOUND HIM!
Call off the dogs, for all those who had shared their concern for the whereabouts of man mountain and next Big’ thing - Solomon Vasuvalagi last season ( mostly me and Cces to be fair) …to my surprise, he’s magically appeared today playing for a well beaten Akarana side vs Auckland in the first round of the National Championship.
Paterika Vaivai for Auckland had a commanding game in the 36-6 demolition.
I’ve got to say a special mention to Herman Retzlaff. Those who have been following the Auckland comp / regional sides for a while will know this player.
Dead set this man is a machine, seems like he has been around since black and white TV and takes at least 2 hit ups of every set playing in the front row.
What a fantastic example of a guy who loves playing league for his club and province.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back