Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Vaimauga (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
In a hypothetical situation, if we were to get Briton Nikora as a member mentioned of our pursuit of him, would we need another front rower? Niukore was obviously set to play there this year but had to switch back to the second row when injuries occurred? If we got Nikora that would make him perhaps able to stay in the front row permanently with Capewell on the other side and Laban and Halasima hot on their heels?

NZWarriors.com
In a hypothetical situation, if we were to get Briton Nikora as a member mentioned of our pursuit of him, would we need another front rower? Niukore was obviously set to play there this year but had to switch back to the second row when injuries occurred? If we got Nikora that would make him perhaps able to stay in the front row permanently with Capewell on the other side and Laban and Halasima hot on their heels?
I think if we did sign Briton Nikora then that would mean Niukore could play only as a middle.
Middles would be:

James Fisher-Harris
Mitchell Barnett
Marata Niukore
Demitric Sifakula
Tom Ale
Zyon Maiu’u

Tohu Harris
Dylan Walker
Erin Clark

Also that's once Bunty leaves.

I think if we did sign Briton Nikora then that would mean Niukore could play only as a middle.
Middles would be:

James Fisher-Harris
Mitchell Barnett
Marata Niukore
Demitric Sifakula
Tom Ale
Zyon Maiu’u

Tohu Harris
Dylan Walker
Erin Clark

Also that's once Bunty leaves.
Although another body shape like Willison would be handy, or another imposing forward like Thompson or Whyte, we’re probably set if we got Nikora? Halves is the area in need most of that’s the case

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Could replace Walker and Tohu with Thompson etc for 2026, Barney or Clark to lock

Bring Nathan home, quadruple premierships + 1st premiership for the Warriors to become a national icon and statues and stadiums named after you, winning it with his younger brother next to him

“From ball boy to legend, the story of the Clearys” 😂

I think CNK might well play full back or there will be a log jam at centre of first grade ready players who should all be playing.

I think he might well go CNK at full back with Taine as back up full back.

Centres Pompey/Ali/Rocco and if we need a 4th then CNK goes centre with Taine or RTS to full back.

If they really want CNK to play centre then I think they need to bite the bullet and release Rocco. Would keep Ali as he is the future and Pompey offers goal kicking which we badly need.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back