• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Assuming he has signed it will be interesting to see if the club announces Healey. Some years we have had pictures from pre-season and end up trying to figure out who some guys are.

Most of those guys were probably on train and trial contracts.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
If true then it looks like Webster is doing a clean out. Jackson Ford has his faults but he does have a big motor which Webster so far seems to like.
Could just be a recognition that they’re happy where the younger guys are at to take Ford’s role? Will be interesting of who’s free to negotiate from November, to see what the club has in mind of who to keep

I listened to an interview with CG. He said only expect 1-2 signings for next year. Fish and Clark (I guess) focus is to promote from within
Surely they’d be looking at who to bring in for 2026 too with some good players available and players like Harris potentially hanging up his boots?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
SJ - $650k

AFB - $1.1m (also how’s he going to the sharks for $850?)

Jazz - -400k?

Montoya - $350k?

Plus the lodge money which was about $700k should be coming off now

How is there not a major signing incoming?

Don’t care about if players are contracted or not we should be throwing over a million ++ at someone we really want.

Lodge was here in 2022 so I think any money that we have him for 2023 would be long gone for 2025.

*JFH gets most of AFBs money.
*Clark will get Jazz's money (maybe a little more imo).
* Well need to replace Montoya with a minimum contract, so that will only be about $200k for us to spend

That would leave us with SJ's money plus a bit of change from Montoya and AFB, so 850-1.1mil I'm guessing?

Sam Healey - what would he be coming over her for? Surely wouldn't be peanuts so id guess 250-350k to start?

With rough estimations that gives us about 700k or so for a signing for next year, or upgrade a bunch of the youngins as that's gunna be fairly important over the next 3 years

SJ - $650k

AFB - $1.1m (also how’s he going to the sharks for $850?)

Jazz - -400k?

Montoya - $350k?

Plus the lodge money which was about $700k should be coming off now

How is there not a major signing incoming?

Don’t care about if players are contracted or not we should be throwing over a million ++ at someone we really want.

Fish will be taking at least 90%, if not all, of the AFB money.

Clark will be taking all of that Jazz money.

That Lodge money already came off before this season, RTS will have taken most if not all of that.

Ford, Lussick, Metcalf, and your favourite, Goatto Berry are in the first year of new deals, so that eats into it,

Tohu is also in a new deal so presumably (hopefully) being on reduced money, which might counteract bumps those other four got.

DWZ is on a new deal this year too, I imagine that frees up a teeny bit as well. I also think we were doing chip-ins for Eli Katoa, which is now done.

Not disagreeing that we have space for an impactful player, just trying to put it into context

I would go for Asi, not a world beater but has a sound all round game.

Crosby a Development contract.

When are the Warriors going to learn, play players in their position.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Fish will be taking at least 90%, if not all, of the AFB money.

Clark will be taking all of that Jazz money.

That Lodge money already came off before this season, RTS will have taken most if not all of that.

Ford, Lussick, Metcalf, and your favourite, Goatto Berry are in the first year of new deals, so that eats into it,

Tohu is also in a new deal so presumably (hopefully) being on reduced money, which might counteract bumps those other four got.

DWZ is on a new deal this year too, I imagine that frees up a teeny bit as well. I also think we were doing chip-ins for Eli Katoa, which is now done.

Not disagreeing that we have space for an impactful player, just trying to put it into context

I can’t believe we paid freight for Katoa like seriously that blows my mind.

I can’t fathom.

If we go into next year with TMM/Metcalf/CHT as our halves, may as well write off the season. We'd need TMM to play at his ceiling all year, and Metcalf to take a huge step up, combined with them miraculously staying fit when they're injury prone.

We can make do everywhere else, but we absolutely must sign a half, even a journeyman. We had those 3 + SJ this year and still had to play non halves in the role.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back