• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
[IMG alt="Sime_11"]https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/data/avatars/m/41/41609.jpg?1448408898[/IMG]

Sime_11

Juniors​

Messages1,652
personally something tells me Leota will seek a release to NZ as well in the offseason - i think we will release 1 more forward this offseason unless Sorro retires

This is off the panthers LU recruitment thread. Not sure if the poster has any inside knowledge
Well, Leota would be handy wouldn't he!? Lol ....Fish's jersey presentation he was pretty choked up making that speech. And how close his family is with James whanau. Once upon a time i preferred to have Leota over James....Interesting times.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
JFH
Egan
Leota
Barney
Capewell
Tohu

Walker
Clark
Marata
Sifakula/ Halasima

Halasima/Sifakula
Ale
Ford
Laban
Zyon Maiu’u
Bunty

That's a crazy forward pack. Surely we'd have to lose a few - imo we'd likely lose 2 out of Ford, Bunty and Ale, with it being likely that Tohu and Walker finish up end of nek year, and Capewell end of 2026
I like it. But that backrow is to slow. Barney's the man, At prop. Laterally he's a turtle. And Tohu coming back from a long lay-off!? Capes come right by the end of the season tho.

JFH
Egan
Leota
Barney
Capewell
Tohu

Walker
Clark
Marata
Sifakula/ Halasima

Halasima/Sifakula
Ale
Ford
Laban
Zyon Maiu’u
Bunty

That's a crazy forward pack. Surely we'd have to lose a few - imo we'd likely lose 2 out of Ford, Bunty and Ale, with it being likely that Tohu and Walker finish up end of nek year, and Capewell end of 2026
Too good. Be great if it happens but not if it means we are still short at wing and another half.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yep. Leota of the bench would be elite
Well, Now I tihnk about it. Barney at lock would be nice? Lock is a hybrid between a prop & a secondrower. Barney is a tackling machine & can ball play a little. He'd do well. JFH & Leota starting props, Sifakula & Ahem, Xavier Willison off the bench? (Wishful thinking)
Halasima & Capewell backrow. Tohu off the bench so he doesn't have to endure the ferocity of the first 15 mins. I like the balance with Halasima there. Speed , Power , Talent.

Well, Now I tihnk about it. Barney at lock would be nice? Lock is a hybrid between a prop & a secondrower. Barney is a tackling machine & can ball play a little. He'd do well. JFH & Leota starting props, Sifakula & Ahem, Xavier Willison off the bench? (Wishful thinking)
Halasima & Capewell backrow. Tohu off the bench so he doesn't have to endure the ferocity of the first 15 mins. I like the balance with Halasima there. Speed , Power , Talent.
Thats pretty awesome but it feels like we would have a v8 engine strapped into the engine bay of a morris minor, when you compare that pack to our backline for next year. Jeez TMM, Metcalf, RTS, CNK would need to step up.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
[IMG alt="Sime_11"]https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/data/avatars/m/41/41609.jpg?1448408898[/IMG]

Sime_11

Juniors​

Messages1,652
personally something tells me Leota will seek a release to NZ as well in the offseason - i think we will release 1 more forward this offseason unless Sorro retires

This is off the panthers LU recruitment thread. Not sure if the poster has any inside knowledge
This is reaching isn’t it?
Some random dude on the internet says something tells him… 🤣

(be cool if it happened though- Moses Leotwah? :unsure:)

Thats pretty awesome but it feels like we would have a v8 engine strapped into the engine bay of a morris minor, when you compare that pack to our backline for next year. Jeez TMM, Metcalf, RTS, CNK would need to step up.
If Berry, Leiataua, Pompey come back fit and firing (Not carrying injuries) Rts loses some of that rugby bulk. We have a good base to work off of. We're one fast winger , And organising half away from having a decent enough backline.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We have one of the best recruiting teams in the NRL over the past 3-4 years.
We will make the right decisions this off season. Our think tank is remarkably good.
Our team is the opposite of the Tigers.

We have one of the best recruiting teams in the NRL over the past 3-4 years.
We will make the right decisions this off season. Our think tank is remarkably good.
Our team is the opposite of the Tigers.
On paper for next year Tigers have done pretty well recruiting overall to be fair, Luai, Korosaiu, Turuva, Hunt, Skelton, Jack Bird (on the cheap). If warriors had added those players for next year with largely our existing forwards we would be flying into next year. Do agree though, we've made some pretty good decisions and looking forward to next year cos its our year.

If true then it looks like Webster is doing a clean out. Jackson Ford has his faults but he does have a big motor which Webster so far seems to like.

Yes but as I have posted so many times - Ford played left edge, right edge, starting prop, bench middle this year.

I'm aware of some of the injury permutations but I think there is a lot of truth in the fact that Ford is not first choice in any position - not even bench so at very least I expect him to see a lot of cup next year if he stays.

I don't see him as versatile at all, it was like they were trying to find a spot for him - I can't.

On paper for next year Tigers have done pretty well recruiting overall to be fair, Luai, Korosaiu, Turuva, Hunt, Skelton, Jack Bird (on the cheap). If warriors had added those players for next year with largely our existing forwards we would be flying into next year. Do agree though, we've made some pretty good decisions and looking forward to next year cos its our year.
I don't rate Turuva. Hunt or Bird and the Warriors more keenly astute team would not acquire any of them.
We have chased Korosaiu previously- we would have taken Luai - maybe we didn't want him because of his grating attitude though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back