• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
That Healey Looks like a good get. Great complement to Egan. Very healthy to have that threat from dummy half. He had a good offload and short passing game too. If our fullback and Metcalf hang around him it could lead to some nice try’s.
Can recall leading into the season that Webster declared we were going to do everything faster and at speed. That didn’t really end up eventuating enough for a successful season or to the same degree as last year regarding cohesion around attack. If this signing eventuates, it looks like there’s still that thinking that they’d like to speed things up with Erin Clark the official signing so far, other than JFH

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
That Healey Looks like a good get. Great complement to Egan. Very healthy to have that threat from dummy half. He had a good offload and short passing game too. If our fullback and Metcalf hang around him it could lead to some nice try’s.
Looks sharp running from dummy half. Picks his moments in those highlights well with markers not square or on the ground. That threat opens space wider as well if teams are watching for him. Be interesting to see if we have signed him and where he fits in. At times this season Egan looked absolutely cooked - I do worry for him and how much he has left to give. Definitely need some rest and rotation policy for next season for a number of our players to avoid burn out.

Looks sharp running from dummy half. Picks his moments in those highlights well with markers not square or on the ground. That threat opens space wider as well if teams are watching for him. Be interesting to see if we have signed him and where he fits in. At times this season Egan looked absolutely cooked - I do worry for him and how much he has left to give. Definitely need some rest and rotation policy for next season for a number of our players to avoid burn out.

Egan looked good again in the last Sharks game, hope they put him on the bench to control his minutes, and give him a week off every month, the back up 9 is gonna get plenty of game time

Yup he got up like nothing happened. Does Sam know that's part of the job description though? 🤣
I wonder if like when the rumour emerged saying that the club could still hold onto Lussick, whether they see a transition to the middle? There’s plenty of locks his size in the comp and he’s pretty hearty. Also said there was something off field too I think? Would be interesting to know what that involved

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yeah Sam Healey looks good, but I struggled to find much info on him after a quick search. Did someone mention he was a bit older?
Or is he still young?

I don't want to get too excited about him but certainly looks promising, but I wondered if he was a bit older surely someone else would of picked him up if he was any good?

Anyways, here's hoping Cronulla are knocked out in straight sets so we hear a bit more about him in just over a weeks time

Yeah Sam Healey looks good, but I struggled to find much info on him after a quick search. Did someone mention he was a bit older?
Or is he still young?

I don't want to get too excited about him but certainly looks promising, but I wondered if he was a bit older surely someone else would of picked him up if he was any good?

Anyways, here's hoping Cronulla are knocked out in straight sets so we hear a bit more about him in just over a weeks time

This is behind a paywall so no good to read, but an indication he was playing jersey Flegg last year which is under 21. Must still be reasonably young

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

This is behind a paywall so no good to read, but an indication he was playing jersey Flegg last year which is under 21. Must still be reasonably young
Just to add some more stats, he played half a season of NSW Cup in ‘23 and a full season in ‘24 (total 36 matches) + 1 x NRL preseason game in both ‘23 and ‘24.

Just to add some more stats, he played half a season of NSW Cup in ‘23 and a full season in ‘24 (total 36 matches) + 1 x NRL preseason game in both ‘23 and ‘24.
To be eligible for jersey flegg last year, he’d have to be around 21 then? Must have been promoted and not looked back. Given preseason games too is pretty impressive. Smart move if true, if he watches he’d see our hooker vulnerable with a lot of knocks and see an opportunity

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I mentioned it a week or so ago when he was first rumoured, but my gut feeling is that our shortcomings have been identified, and he would be signed to provide real impact off the FG bench with the style of player he is. Him and Clark, more impact, and a bit of a spark. He looks like a player that would suit us if we can still get the platform we had with AFB leading the pack this year.

I just live how our hooker depth in the lower grades looks good but then we add this guy, the competition for spots is a great thing.
Guys like Tafua probably still a while away but most unlucky would probably be Paul Roache. Looks to have the speed but probably can’t defend around the middle as effectively as someone like Healey being bigger bodied. Sounds like there’s perhaps still an opportunity in the halves for him either way?

Guys like Tafua probably still a while away but most unlucky would probably be Paul Roache. Looks to have the speed but probably can’t defend around the middle as effectively as someone like Healey being bigger bodied. Sounds like there’s perhaps still an opportunity in the halves for him either way?
God I hope not! He's not a good half. I'm more thinking if lussock goes he's in the 30 at hooker, while Tafua and Healey battle it out.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back