Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, S = Supplementary contract (Formerly, Development), T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 20/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Tohu Harris, Edward Kosi, Te Maire Martin, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Dylan Walker, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Demitric Vaimauga (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
Just wondering who exactly are our wing depth that everyone keeps talking about?

I think we look extremely light there after releasing Montoya & MGT.

Couple of injuries and our wingers could be Kosi and Tu, at which point we really start regretting letting Montoya go.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I think we need the extra play making of Taine in 2025's side, especially with a likely half pairing of Metcalf and TMM. Really happy to have him extended, he's such an exciting X factor player. If he does play 1, I would guess CNK to centre and RTS to wing. If you talk about getting your best 17 players into the line up no matter what, that's the best way to do it IMO.

I think we need the extra play making of Taine in 2025's side, especially with a likely half pairing of Metcalf and TMM. Really happy to have him extended, he's such an exciting X factor player. If he does play 1, I would guess CNK to centre and RTS to wing. If you talk about getting your best 17 players into the line up no matter what, that's the best way to do it IMO.
Not a fan of CNK at centre and RTS at wing but if you want these two in your top 17 probably the only option.
Ok with TT at the back.
Just don't think we will win anything with that backline

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Not a fan of CNK at centre and RTS at wing but if you want these two in your top 17 probably the only option.
Ok with TT at the back.
Just don't think we will win anything with that backline
I disagree. Maybe not 2025, but if Webby sticks with it, I think 2026 could be a shot. I genuinely think the below has a chance to surprise the comp

1. Taine
  2. DWZ
  3. CNK
  4. Ali
  5. RTS

Interesting that the club has re-signed the likes of Ford, TT, DWZ etc but not TMM. Perhaps it could turn out to be a golden move but with a shortage of halves and reliance on youngsters to come through they could end up with egg on their faces. There is a chance that he'll end up with one of the QLD clubs.

Interesting that the club has re-signed the likes of Ford, TT, DWZ etc but not TMM. Perhaps it could turn out to be a golden move but with a shortage of halves and reliance on youngsters to come through they could end up with egg on their faces. There is a chance that he'll end up with one of the QLD clubs.
Could also depend on recovery from his neck injury?

I think TMM is fairly settled here and unlikely to move to another club (unless a big offer comes in?) so the club would be crazy not to extend him for at least another year IMO, even if its just to add depth to the squad

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The idea of him in the halves has only come from in here rather than anything the club has said, but both Charnze and Te Maire both off off-contract so it could go any way. Very excited to see how we use him next year

Hope he can keep on the field, his rate of coming off for an HIA must the same if not higher than Egan, and Egan has made the most tackles in the NRL since 2020.. Albeit a much smaller sample size for Taine and at his height it must be hard going, just need luck to fall his way I guess.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back