Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, S = Supplementary contract (Formerly, Development), T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 20/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Tohu Harris, Edward Kosi, Te Maire Martin, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Dylan Walker, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Demitric Vaimauga (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
sooo.... consecutive announcements day on day off of dwz, ford and TT... does this signal anything, like new personnel after the 1st? (reaching for anything here...)
I am also trying to see if these extensions are telling us anything. A good question I think is would Taine be a starting FB anywhere else? If so perhaps his extension suggest he will start next year. If not, same as this year?

Do we think we are chasing a 7? I am having nightmares of TMM playing there...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I am also trying to see if these extensions are telling us anything. A good question I think is would Taine be a starting FB anywhere else? If so perhaps his extension suggest he will start next year. If not, same as this year?

Do we think we are chasing a 7? I am having nightmares of TMM playing there...
Better than playing at 6.

If he carries the same form from his stint at 7 this year we will be all good. The teams defence needs to have a big improvement though
I was not impressed by him at all during that period. His kicking game was still crap. Some of his try assists were off poor passes along the ground or other average play. His games read well in the stats department but didn't pass the eye test for me.

I understand I am probably in the minority there, but if that is his best then it isn't good enough for me.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I was not impressed by him at all during that period. His kicking game was still crap. Some of his try assists were off poor passes along the ground or other average play. His games read well in the stats department but didn't pass the eye test for me.

I understand I am probably in the minority there, but if that is his best then it isn't good enough for me.
Tough marker. Don't forget he broke his finger early in the Panthers game. I get your viewpoint kind of, but that period was our best period of the season. Certainly not saying he was perfect by any stretch but I don't think we win many or any of those games without changing him in to 7. Nothing he did impressed you?

Tough marker. Don't forget he broke his finger early in the Panthers game. I get your viewpoint kind of, but that period was our best period of the season. Certainly not saying he was perfect by any stretch but I don't think we win many or any of those games without changing him in to 7. Nothing he did impressed you?
I would have go back and watch but I am just going back on how I felt at the time. The whole team lifted at the time as well. Yes a good 7 makes the players around them but it also goes the other way. How do you prove who is making who look good I guess?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I disagree. Maybe not 2025, but if Webby sticks with it, I think 2026 could be a shot. I genuinely think the below has a chance to surprise the comp

1. Taine
  2. DWZ
  3. CNK
  4. Ali
  5. RTS
I actually like that. Solid defence albeit taine is a small man and ability to create from TT and Ali.
If anything CNK is the weakness but more likely Berry get an opportunity and take the spot anyway.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Could also depend on recovery from his neck injury?

I think TMM is fairly settled here and unlikely to move to another club (unless a big offer comes in?) so the club would be crazy not to extend him for at least another year IMO, even if its just to add depth to the squad
I mean it’s potentially done and just not announced? It feels like we’ve been getting a re-signing bonus very day for the past week? Might just be a matter of time

Berry plateued big time.

I think CNK is a walk up starter at right centre

Do you reckon he plateued, or was a victim of the whole team doing quite poorly at the time?

My only issue with Berry this year was that he had a few poor misses in defence, and I think a few times he didn't wrap the arms up and the opposing player got an offload away and they scored.

To me, it feels like each year he looks like he's going to have a break out year and then he never does haha. Still early days and he's tracking in the right trajectory, but he just never seems to reach that potential that so many see in him.

Nek year maybe?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Do you reckon he plateued, or was a victim of the whole team doing quite poorly at the time?

My only issue with Berry this year was that he had a few poor misses in defence, and I think a few times he didn't wrap the arms up and the opposing player got an offload away and they scored.

To me, it feels like each year he looks like he's going to have a break out year and then he never does haha. Still early days and he's tracking in the right trajectory, but he just never seems to reach that potential that so many see in him.

Nek year maybe?
My thoughts also

Back