• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Jazz was born in Christchurch. But comes from Kura. The moments when we played our home coming game are etched in my mind forever when the boys ran on the field. Amongst the many signs was a big one "Fortress of Faith" which we all love and have seen many times since. On that evening there was a small sign made out of a cardboard box with the words "Jazz - Kura Hard".
And between all the emotions a few tears rolled down my face as I saw the heart and emotion behind the sign.

Here is the article from his 100th match

Big day for the boy from 'Kura as he hits 100​

AuthorRichard Becht Sat 21 May 2022, 02:00 pm

Jazz Tevaga, always a man for the team cause, has his time in the spotlight as he makes his 100th NRL appearance in today's 11th-round NRL clash against St George Illawarra at Netstrata Stadium in Sydney (3.00pm kick-off local time; 5.00pm NZT).
The 26-year-old Christchurch-born, Papakura-raised utility forward will infuse the occasion with his own brand of energy, passion and intensity as he becomes the 27th player to appear in 100 matches for the Vodafone Warriors.

It’s a singular triumph for Tevaga, a devoted club man who’s the epitome of the true rugby league battler. He was unheralded when he turned up for the Vodafone Warriors' open under-20 trial at Cornwall Park in late 2013, making such an impression he was picked up for the following season.
It launched one of the more remarkable careers in the club's history. From such humble beginnings, the boy from 'Kura has gone on to represent the club 45 times in the old NYC - winning the grand final in 2014 - plus 34 games in the New South Wales Cup.
Now he becomes the 23rd club product to go on to 100 NRL appearances after making his debut with the Vodafone Warriors while the other four on the list started their careers with other clubs (Jacob Lillyman, Micheal Luck and Nathan Fien with the Cowboys and Tuivasa-Sheck with the Roosters).
jazz-tevaga-2o.jpg

After his debut against Melbourne in 2016 Tevaga made just 15 appearances in his first two NRL seasons but has been a frontline choice in his last five seasons.

NZWarriors.com
Good luck Jazz... will miss the fire he brings, intensity and true Warrior grit... but let's face it he's already hit the ceiling ability wise.

It's a shame he wasn't physically bigger to match the size of his heart. The game has evolved and now demands high alround skills from its players.
Maybe a few years in Super League to see out his playing career will do him good...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
On Brown, has he resigned (signed again with the Eels) or resigned (given notice he’s leaving)

Hate that word! Seems post supporting both ways.
Yeah, the media I think accidentally on purpose spell both words the same to make folks read further into whatever the article says (where it will be made clearer magically in the last paragraph or sentence what meant, but chur for reading all 6 paragraphs, 5 of which told you shit, bruh!). I've always taken it as you "re-" something when you do a certain thing again. So if Brown's re-signed, he's remaining with the Eels, if he's resigning he's leaving.
On Jazz. Bit meh. Always kind of expected it, really. Think he's Super League bound.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
With Walker set to leave next year, I’d be curious to see if the club could work out a player swap with a Sydney based club, or if we throw a youngster straight in at 13 with tohu coming of the bench. There isn’t too many off contract options going into 2025 to replace him, but he’s on at least 700k/season which frees up a bit of cap, especially if we can offload him paying a minimal amount of his remaining contract.

With Walker set to leave next year, I’d be curious to see if the club could work out a player swap with a Sydney based club, or if we throw a youngster straight in at 13 with tohu coming of the bench. There isn’t too many off contract options going into 2025 to replace him, but he’s on at least 700k/season which frees up a bit of cap, especially if we can offload him paying a minimal amount of his remaining contract.
Walker wont get 700k again!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
🔮 🤷‍♂️ ...

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 9.41.12 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-01 at 9.40.42 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-01 at 10.48.34 AM.png

Idgaf, until it is public that Brown has accepted his option for 26, I'm going the keep mentioning it lol

Of course, 2025 is even further of a stretch, especially with Sanders and Talagi moving on now, but letting go of Walker means we'd have the money

Will free up Chanel to hit the weights room in the offseason and make that move to 14 full-time too.

Last edited:
I believe that despite players still having contracts , they'll be some movement in the off season. Much will depend upon SJ' - will he stay or will he go? This also applies to Walker.
Like I've said previously, I'd get rid of Ed Kosi in the off season. Bring in somebody with gas.
Are there anymore 'homesick' Kiwis in Australia or the UK, wanting to come home?

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back