• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
🔮...

View attachment 8429View attachment 8427View attachment 8430

Idgaf, until it is public that Brown has accepted his option for 26, I'm going the keep mentioning it lol

Of course, 2025 is even further of a stretch, especially with Sanders and Talagi moving on now, but letting go of Walker means we'd have the money

Will free up Chanel to hit the weights room in the offseason and make that move to 14 full-time too.
Those photoshops are worthy of a ban, I almost had a heart attack :ROFLMAO:

NZWarriors.com
With Walker set to leave next year, I’d be curious to see if the club could work out a player swap with a Sydney based club, or if we throw a youngster straight in at 13 with tohu coming of the bench. There isn’t too many off contract options going into 2025 to replace him, but he’s on at least 700k/season which frees up a bit of cap, especially if we can offload him paying a minimal amount of his remaining contract.
If he is asking to leave we shouldn’t be paying a single cent of his remaining contract. That should only happen when the club is trying to off load someone

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Just when I thought the inane CHT to lock discussion had been quashed, it's come back with a vengeance.

The bloke isn't a lock. Being a halfway decent tackler for a half does not make him a lock. He is not Cam Murray 2.0.

The ideal solution for our forwards being depleted is to lure the Leeds legend BAM LIBONE back to the club.

Walker wanting to leave wouldn't be a surprise with his former partner moving back to Australia with the kids.

At the moment though it is just The Mole reporting it. I'd be interested in where he got his information from. He had a source he in Elliott, we have heard journalists in the past say they don't hear much out of New Zealand. One advantage of being remote from the Sydney NRL centre.

Did he read it on here?
Or has he heard from an agent or other clubs about Walker/his management gauging interest?

Not sure how long he sees himself playing for. He is at an age where long term contracts would be less likely.

What needs to be added. Fullback cannot see much change, Centre/Wing, more needed, maybe MGT to cover Wing, room for one more. will be shot down but I quite like Bostock.
Halves, we need SJ one more season. His experience eith Metcalfs speed. Forwards, be nice to get domeone like Neame, but our young ones tutored by JFH. My point is we have no reson to be desperate and panic with the squad we will have.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I predict Mana Mitch will be our lock.
And Walker/Jazz money to go on a prop to partner JFH.
Tohu off the bench to spell one of the props and Barney.

8. JFH
9. Egan
10. Willison/Neame/Saifiti/Whyte etc etc
11. Niukore
12. Capewah
13. Barney

14. Lussick
15. Tohu
16. Ale/Sifakula/Zyon Maiu’u
17. Laban/Halasima/Ford
I wouldn't have Barney at 13 unless Niukore moves to prop. Capewah, Niukore & Barney backrow is way to slow. Chuck in a Halasima/Sifaklua & now we're talking.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Family aside - probably getting out of the Walker business at the right time, he’s been around forever and playing starters minutes in the middle won’t do his longevity any good.

I like a Tohu/Sifakula rotation, the pack is still strong, the likes of Ale and Laban won’t be able to make the 17 at full strength. Keep the money on hand for the marquee spine player we will need when SJ goes.

How about TMM to the #14 role? He can cover #1, #7, #6 and I believe would offer more than Lussick if switched to #9? He can kick, run and has solid defence.

Otherwise, despite the fact that he likes living in NZ and has another babay on the way , he'd be able to get a gig at another NRL or ESL club.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back