• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Wow some what torn by this. Love what he has given over the years to this club. I have said this before but there were times it seemed like he was one of the few that gave a shit about the club when were really bad. Hopefully this means our young guys get more time.
Limited talent wise but gave it everything. This also led to penalties and errors at times but he certainly lifted intensity when he comes on off the bench. Just time for both parties to go their separate ways. Hopefully this means some of those juniors get more game time opportunities in first grade next season.

Wow some what torn by this. Love what he has given over the years to this club. I have said this before but there were times it seemed like he was one of the few that gave a shit about the club when were really bad. Hopefully this means our young guys get more time.
Farewell Jazz make the rest of this season count and go into the over drive mode we all know you have inside. No point reserving anything back for next week or next season now. Play for keeps.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Tbh watching him in the juniors I never thought jazz would play nrl- little own 100+ games and win a dally m….
Gotta take your hat off to him.
One of the more likable personalities the club has had too.
Aren’t his kids in Qld? Or was it the uk? That might decide where he ends up.
It would be weird to see him playing for another nrl side.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'll be sad to see him leave. Hopefully someone does him a bitchin' haka to farewell him. RTS I'm looking at you after that amazing one Jazz did for your Daly M!

I'm sure it won't be a huge issue, but it looks like we'll be losing a few of the boys with that OG Warriors vibe - SJ soon, Jazz and Dallin can't be far behind, I'm hoping that we have a few more of those boys coming through who personify what being a Warrior is all about

His 2018 season was gun as.
It was, but that was 6 years ago now and he hasn’t and won’t be anymore than he is. I’ve always liked Jazz from his debut in 2016 filling in for Isaac Luke. Effort always there, but couldn’t shake the errors in his game. Plays above his weight too. A loyal Warrior for sure.

But the sun sets on his stint here, and rises with opportunity for younger guys.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I dunno why Dylan Brown gets discussed in here.

A: He is already contracted until END of 2025
B: He has an options in his contract to remain there until 2031

So any talk of him re-signing is essentially rubbish, it would purely have meant he's taken up his player option of an extension.

Not to mention that the Eels are 2nd last with him as their primary playmaker for most of the season. Anyone who actually watches the Eels should know he can't steer a team around the park for all the tea in China. Not what we need.

He gets discussed because of all your points. The Eels are in all sorts of trouble, and he takes a huge percentage of their cap, which is not value for money. You'd have to think Ryles is ready to make a big decision on him either way. 2031 is a long ass time to keep a cap liability on the roster.

Any clubs in trouble if they have invested huge dollars into both halfs. Unfortunately for Brown, he needs a very good half next to him, which will surely affect his future earning-potential.

If a team can put the right mix around him, he's a great asset, but I doubt anyone can do that without him earning far less.

Last edited:
It’s a logical business decision, for both parties - but still I follow this club with my heart not my head, and I’m sad to see our little scrapper depart. He was one of the only ones that gave a fuck during the covid years and I’ll always remember that. Go well Jazz, we’ll miss you.
I think this post is amazing and my favourite tribute to Jazz so far in the thread.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back