• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
31 years old, been out of the game too long, and playing Union in Japan is not the best preparation for an NRL outside back.
We need to go younger in the backs, not older. No from me. Unless it's a budget NSW Cup depth contract.
Not even that bro.

We need to be developing Sio Kali and Ali Leiataua in the centers next year in NSW cup.

Nganatatafu Vake has progressed from SG ball to Flegg to NSW cup this year as well and needs cup minutes next year.

Patrick Moimoi will also be coming back from injury needing NSW cup minutes

Hiraka Waitai-Haenga will be fresh out of school and probably gets a game or two taste of NSW cup next year.

Absolute no to any contract for Laumape

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Priority still has to be outside backs - specifically wing. There is just no depth, at all. Montoya wouldn't make vast majority of other teams and when he's out we literally only have Kosi who certainly wouldn't make any other team. They need to go to market and source a couple of players - rugby union, trip to Fiji, whatever it takes...

To'o is apparently disgruntled after spending Origin discussing $$ with the likes of Lomax and wondering why he isn't getting similar. He's on $625k at the Pamfers and presumably to break that deal he'd be looking for something along the lines of $800-900k - which is too much IMO (even for us). Not that he'd leave Sydney.

Rest of the squad is fairly stable/settled.

Priority still has to be outside backs - specifically wing. There is just no depth, at all. Montoya wouldn't make vast majority of other teams and when he's out we literally only have Kosi who certainly wouldn't make any other team. They need to go to market and source a couple of players - rugby union, trip to Fiji, whatever it takes...

To'o is apparently disgruntled after spending Origin discussing $$ with the likes of Lomax and wondering why he isn't getting similar. He's on $625k at the Pamfers and presumably to break that deal he'd be looking for something along the lines of $800-900k - which is too much IMO (even for us). Not that he'd leave Sydney.

Rest of the squad is fairly stable/settled.
I thought there was a rule now that you can't change clubs mid contract for more money?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I thought there was a rule now that you can't change clubs mid contract for more money?

I'm not sure, potentially? Either way I would assume if all parties were happy they'd just find a workaround, as the rumours are that other clubs have been approached. His manager is meeting with the Pamfers today in any case to outline his concerns...

He only re-signed last year though. Should've maybe thought about it then.

Is that inside info? No articles anywhere that I can find.

I assume he is referring to this article which came out this week? Though doesn't mention actually triggering the 2026 option yet.

Brown explained why he signed a deal that features get-out clauses, with the five-eighth technically a free agent on November 1 unless he decides to trigger the next stage of his contract.

Brown is signed through to the end of 2025 but has the power to remain at the Eels until 2031, with rival clubs set to circle if he doesn’t sort out his future in the coming months.

“We signed a long contract for security reasons,” he explained.

“There are clauses in there in my favour which is a positive, but I don’t think anyone needs to worry about what happens.

“I guess they were put in for injury security, so touch wood (nothing happens).

“It was a good deal on my behalf. I know there have been some bad talks about it for the management of Parramatta, but (people shouldn’t worry).”

Despite all of Parramatta’s struggles and the ongoing focus on his deal, Brown was able to joke about the situation on Monday morning when asked if he would join Arthur in Perth should the franchise be included in the competition with Arthur as coach.

“I’m going to Bali for a meeting after this. Brad loves going there, so we might talk negotiations over there with a couple of Bintangs and he’ll be over there in his Bintang singlet and thongs,” he laughed.

“He might go there (to Perth) with his wife. She’s from there. If he does that, then it’d actually be really cool. After my 20-year contract ends, I might go over there.”

Totally speculating but Walker's wife taking kids back to Aussie sounds like he did something stupid....like Walsh 2022

Probably could look for a lock, Yeo already having depression from missing his bro JFH by just thinking about it card 🤣

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I dunno why Dylan Brown gets discussed in here.

A: He is already contracted until END of 2025
B: He has an options in his contract to remain there until 2031

So any talk of him re-signing is essentially rubbish, it would purely have meant he's taken up his player option of an extension.

Not to mention that the Eels are 2nd last with him as their primary playmaker for most of the season. Anyone who actually watches the Eels should know he can't steer a team around the park for all the tea in China. Not what we need.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back