• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Ngani was one of my favs back in the day but putting sentiments aside it’s a no- just not a good fit for our squad.
Sand dunes on the other hand…. That’s a hell yea- I’ve been wondering if we could jag a gun sevens player now the Olympics are done. He would fill our need for speed and has filled out at 93kg now. Comes with the bonus of having already played the game and is familiar with the set up- still only 24 too.
I’d be quite excited to bring him back.

Sand Dunes?

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
How long until Walks pulls the closer to his kids card (couldn’t blame him either) he’s given us plenty and he’s been around forever so will start to lose effectiveness at some point. No idea what his contract is like, frees up a forward spot for a younger player.

How long until Walks pulls the closer to his kids card (couldn’t blame him either) he’s given us plenty and he’s been around forever so will start to lose effectiveness at some point. No idea what his contract is like, frees up a forward spot for a younger player.

Next year is his last year.

Would expect him to see it out but don't expect him to re-sign

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Interested in hearing people's thoughts about moves that might be made for 2026.

In 12 weeks, all of the below are contracted for 2025 and can be signed by another team for 2026

- Bunty Afoa
- Tom Ale
- Jackson Ford
- Tohu Harris
- Edward Kosi
- Ali Leiataua
- TMM
- Marcelo Montoya
- CNK
- Adam Pompey
- Taine Tauapiki
- Dylan Walker
- DWZ

Who are we extending? Who are we waving bye-bye?
CNK and Ali for extensions, the rest I'm not worried about if they leave.

Interested in hearing people's thoughts about moves that might be made for 2026.

In 12 weeks, all of the below are contracted for 2025 and can be signed by another team for 2026

- Bunty Afoa
- Tom Ale
- Jackson Ford
- Tohu Harris
- Edward Kosi
- Ali Leiataua
- TMM
- Marcelo Montoya
- CNK
- Adam Pompey
- Taine Tauapiki
- Dylan Walker
- DWZ

I thought Ford extended?
Questioning the accuracy.
No way we can lose CNK or Leiataua.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
That is guts re: Walker. loved the bromance between him, Jazz, and Te Maire lol

- Bunty Afoa
- Tom Ale
- Jackson Ford
- Tohu Harris
- Edward Kosi
- Ali Leiataua
- TMM
- Marcelo Montoya
- CNK
- Adam Pompey
- Taine Tauapiki
- Dylan Walker
- DWZ

Ali should have been resigned yesterday. Kosi I would actively be trying to find a new home before next season.

Everyone else is varying levels in between that. CNK, DWZ, and TMM would be closer to the Ali side of the spectrum in my book. Bunty, Montoya, and Ford, closer to the Kosi side..

Ali
CNK, DWZ, TMM
Ale, Pompey, Tuaupiki
Afoa, Ford, Montoya
Kosi

We can’t carry Walker, Jazz, CHT and Lussick in same 17.

That is guts re: Walker. loved the bromance between him, Jazz, and Te Maire lol

Ali should have been resigned yesterday. Kosi I would actively be trying to find a new home before next season.

Everyone else is varying levels in between that. CNK, DWZ, and TMM would be closer to the Ali side of the spectrum in my book. Bunty, Montoya, and Ford, closer to the Kosi side..

Ali
CNK, DWZ, TMM
Ale, Pompey, Tuaupiki
Afoa, Ford, Montoya
Kosi

I'm not ready to give up on Ford yet.
Only turning 27 nek year, plays multiple positions, has a big engine. He's one of those toilers that every team needs. If he cleaned up his penalties and errors he'd be fantastic imo. I have an inkling under JFH and Barney hell tidy up his game and go to another level.

Also for me, yes we have good young players coming through but I don't think they'll all be ready to be full time, week in week out NRL players by the start of 2026. Some will, but most won't be.

We have massive player movements over the next 2 years with AFB, SJ, Tohu, Jazz and potentially DWZ a s Walker all leaving at the same time, I don't know if we can the look at scrapping many more than that, or were going to be rookie/newbie heavy which will really impact the team.

Losing players like Montoya, Bunty, Pompey and Ford on top of those key players were losing would have a detrimental impact on our team imo

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back