• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
That list definitely kicks off some recruitment chat. As others have mentioned Ali is such an obvious resign that he shouldn't even be on the list, it should have been sorted already. Get it done now before the price goes up or he gets poached. If he can't stay healthy and it ends up being a dud, so be it.

Ford to me is a matter of price. If he's cheap, he fills spots much better than someone like Bunty and seems to be fit more often than almost anyone in the team. Not optimistic about his ceiling raising after this season, but again that's more possible than with Bunty or Jazz.

Need to make space for a big body prop, swapping one of our bench players to that would instantly rebalance it and go a long way to resolving our issues. As mentioned our midget bench is ridiculous and leads to weird minutes usage and huge drop offs when rotating players.

If lussick is going to be on the bench he should be doing the first 20 mins as well.

NZWarriors.com
I'm not ready to give up on Ford yet.
Only turning 27 nek year, plays multiple positions, has a big engine. He's one of those toilers that every team needs. If he cleaned up his penalties and errors he'd be fantastic imo. I have an inkling under JFH and Barney hell tidy up his game and go to another level.
Ford is another I think is suffering from poor man management.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Probably would be ratchet seeing Luai, Crichton, and Leniu all go elsewhere. Not that he isn't close with the likes of Edwards, Cleary, Martin and them.

Luai was To'o's best man, and the two have a clothing brand together, so if I had to to pick a team for him to leave for, it would be the Tigers with him and Turuva.

If only Fish and To'o were tight like that 🥲😂
Pause

He also publicly said Luai wasn't leaving and look what happened. Might be some type of legal thing to deny.

📠 Panthers brass are some of the biggest fibbers out there.

Last edited:
He also publicly said Luai wasn't leaving and look what happened. Might be some type of legal thing to deny.
Not quite, that was about whether Luai was going to be released early from his contract, which he wasn’t:

“Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher has answered with an emphatic “no” when asked if the club will allow Jarome Luai to head to the Tigers a year early

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Who could play 6 in our present squad, obvious calls are CHT Metcalf and CNK who have plaued there. One guy who could do well there imo is Graham-Taufa. He has good ball skills and seems to have good coordination to be a kicker. On that, do our guys get coaching in field kicking?

Metcalf probably the first pick if we are not pursuing Dylan Brown

I think CNK should transition to 13 if Walker is home sick next year or not re-signing for '26

Has intensity on attack and D up front, obviously can ball play and has a huge engine, and frees up Roger or Taine at FB, we can have Moala on the left wing with Monty or the young 18 y/o (19 next yr) backing up

Metcalf probably the first pick if we are not pursuing Dylan Brown

I think CNK should transition to 13 if Walker is home sick next year or not re-signing for '26

Has intensity on attack and D up front, obviously can ball play and has a huge engine, and frees up Roger or Taine at FB, we can have Moala on the left wing with Monty or the young 18 y/o (19 next yr) backing up
Any talk of us being after Brown? That would be an ideal signing. Face of the club for the next 8-10 years.

Reactions: CWC
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back