• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Yeah I remember watching him in that Jnr Kangaroos side and thought he would kick on to big things. Shows how hard it is to transfer that promise into first grade.
I think plenty do but it requires patience from their club to give these guys the first grade experience they need, but with coaches jobs on the line requiring results, they often don’t get a chance. The top teams do this well because they’re able to sustain a loss along the way to cushion giving others an opportunity, like with the storm the previous game resting so many. Been really impressed with Metcalf’s defence since coming back, he and Nikora had a real battle going last night but as was mentioned that he pulled out of a couple of chases. Perhaps more so not worth picking up an injury in the last game with nothing on it, but perhaps still recovering from injuries too?

NZWarriors.com
Sifakula was bad last night.
I disagree. On a rewatch Marata and Walker were dogshit and left the rook on an island. Look at the long range sharkies try before halftime. Sifakula is low in the tackle and releases the ball carrier. He tries to scramble back to 2nd marker but isnt quick enough and tries to retreat the 10. Guess who is at 1st marker? Marata who simply gets run around like hes not there. Then guess who cant close the line because hes being lazy? Walker.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Think we’re building enough with them to build a hunger in wanting to make the first grade team again and rotate. Laban was given time in first grade and sent back and perhaps given some adversity at prop when sent back to nsw cup. Halasima in the time Laban was getting time was tearing up nsw cup and given some time after almost pulling the game out of the fire against bulldogs. In that time again, Sifakula returns from injury and starts showing he deserves minutes and has been given time after worthy performances. Their minutes has each shown some vulnerabilities that they’ve likely been sent back and will continue to be to work on over the upcoming season. Zyon Maiu’u being the slow burn after his debut, but the energy in the team when came on was a real lift, he could be the Jazz replacement in the squad in what he brings off the field being a character. Would definitely expect to see Eddie Ieremia Toeava have a debut next year, he’s doing everything asked of him, and big pre season could see TSS earn a debut?

Think we’re building enough with them to build a hunger in wanting to make the first grade team again and rotate. Laban was given time in first grade and sent back and perhaps given some adversity at prop when sent back to nsw cup. Halasima in the time Laban was getting time was tearing up nsw cup and given some time after almost pulling the game out of the fire against bulldogs. In that time again, Sifakula returns from injury and starts showing he deserves minutes and has been given time after worthy performances. Their minutes has each shown some vulnerabilities that they’ve likely been sent back and will continue to be to work on over the upcoming season. Zyon Maiu’u being the slow burn after his debut, but the energy in the team when came on was a real lift, he could be the Jazz replacement in the squad in what he brings off the field being a character. Would definitely expect to see Eddie Ieremia Toeava have a debut next year, he’s doing everything asked of him, and big pre season could see TSS earn a debut?
Yea and I think Zyone had some injury and returned around round 20/21 (ankle). That probably affected his chances further. But seems to be going ok in nsw cup mainly off bench though

I think plenty do but it requires patience from their club to give these guys the first grade experience they need, but with coaches jobs on the line requiring results, they often don’t get a chance.

Agree, unless you're an Andrew Johns or SBW type prodigy there's going to plenty of shit nights between the good ones, but if you believe a player is a long term gun then you just gotta persevere. Games 51-100 are where you really reap the rewards from games 1-50. Case in point...

Showed last week he can be a real NRL player, club just has to stick with the process with him and other kids because the most common formula for GF winning 17s is a core of mostly "young veterans" who've played 50+ games (mostly for one club) with a handful of vets and recruits through the team.

Half of them won't make it in the long run, but Panthers debuted more players than anyone 2018-2019 and half of them we wouldn't remember either.

Geez we’ve got some serious headaches next year in the back 5.

Only one locked in imo is DWZ.

Charnze needs to play, but where?

Montoya has shown awesome moments, and has been consistently good but does RTS bump him out of the side?

Rocco was the best centre at the club prior to injury, and improved every game.

Pompey is reliable and has games under his belt, experience.

Leiataua is raw, and has game breaking ability the other centres lack but has defensive work ons.

CNK
RTS
Berry
Leiataua
DWZ

Montoya Tuaupiki Pompey to miss out.. tough one! I really really like Taine at the back though, but CNK plays fb for NZ.. he’s a bloody good player charnze
Geez I’m glad you aren’t a selector.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Oh yeah? And what would suggest? Rather than criticise, offer something.
RTS doesn’t make it however you can’t see that because you’re one of his misguided disciples. Also how anyone could watch last night & still walk away thinking Taine doesn’t make the run on 13 is beyond me.

1 Tuaupiki
2 DWZ although geez his defence needs to improve
3 CNK
4 Leiataua
5 Montoya

Both wingers are probably still debatable. Possibly CNK plays there if Berry recovers or if they go with Pompey.

RTS doesn’t make it however you can’t see that because you’re one of his misguided disciples. Also how anyone could watch last night & still walk away thinking Taine doesn’t make the run on 13 is beyond me.

1 Tuaupiki
3 CNK
4 Leiataua
5 Montoya

Both wingers are probably still debatable. Possibly CNK plays there if Berry recovers or if they go with Pompey.
Agree with this but would be nice if we had a better option than Montoya and Kosi. In regards to Pompey after watching him on Once a Warriors I have this suspension they will use him as a back up half. He mentioned that he still trains in the spot.

1 Tuaupiki
3 CNK
4 Leiataua
5 Montoya

Interesting. Personal attack is quite bizarre, we’re on the same team mate.

So you’re putting charnze into centre who’s played ONE first grade game in that position, when he’s the current NEW ZEALAND fullback.

For context re Tuaupiki - he’s only finished 60% of all games he played at fb. The remainder he’s come off injured or HIA. Whilst his size and speed is a weapon on attack, he clearly struggles with the physical demands of NRL football weekly.

You’re also going to drop Berry who was our clubs best centre prior to injury. The club love him, he’s our best defender out wide & our edges have leaked points in his absence.

Im no disciple of RTS. However I do recognise what he brings to the game. He’s one season back and has been thrown into an unfamiliar position.

I guess I try come from a position of reality and statistics, rather than reacting to small game samples than compliment my own bias 👍🏼

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

So you’re putting charnze into centre who’s played ONE first grade game in that position, when he’s the current NEW ZEALAND fullback.

For context re Tuaupiki - he’s only finished 60% of all games he played at fb. The remainder he’s come off injured or HIA. Whilst his size and speed is a weapon on attack, he clearly struggles with the physical demands of NRL football weekly.

You’re also going to drop Berry who was our clubs best centre prior to injury. The club love him, he’s our best defender out wide & our edges have leaked points in his absence.

Im no disciple of RTS. However I do recognise what he brings to the game. He’s one season back and has been thrown into an unfamiliar position.

I guess I try come from a position of reality and statistics, rather than reacting to small game samples than compliment my own bias 👍🏼
TBH it seems like you are following Webbys old faithful plan that saw us with a 9-1-14 record this year. CNK could have been the postman , still delivered a better centre performance than Berry has all year.

I hope we target Ilias and another outside back wherever it may be and allow Niukore to explore his options

I'm not fully sold on Taine being a full-time FB yet but it does present a good headache for next season

For all the chat about RTS our best possible lineup includes him in it many teams would want a player of his calibre

TBH it seems like you are following Webbys old faithful plan that saw us with a 9-1-14 record this year. CNK could have been the postman , still delivered a better centre performance than Berry has all year.
5 minutes into last night game and having watched just 3-4 examples of CNK straightening up our offence and go forward I nearly posted in the game thread "we have this" and wish I had've. CNK at centre was a huge jigsaw puzzle piece in the victory last night and I am not certain Rocco would have made it across the stripe for the try CNK scored. Rocco is a weak try finisher.
I would be looking at a full back pecking order of
TT
RTS

And a centre pecking order of
CNK
Ali
Pompey
RTS
Berry

In Berry's interests I would probably move him along and release him. But I have never been on his train to start with despite his 91% tackle efficiency which is very high.

Sorry don’t mean it to sound personal - it’s directed at everyone who still can’t see that RTS is detrimental to our side. There are many of you.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Last night Charnze looked like a really good centre. His future should be there.
He also looked good in the 6 that one time he played.
Taine is my first choice full back for round one next season.
He clearly has far more ball play and guile than the others and his late step at the line when returning the football prevents him getting rag dolled back. Keano Kini is the same.
Berry, Pompey, MGT and Ali are centre contenders.
RTS back up full back or wing option on the back of a suitable pre season.
Dallin I suppose if he could only stop rushing in on D..
Montoya played well last night as he can but you could consider Ali, MGT or one of Pasikala or Kali.
The outside back options look okay if Webby doesn’t revert back to Charnze at the back combined with Roger at centre.
Still need another half to choose from.
Our best prospects are probably in Harold Matt’s so they are a couple of years away at least.

When He was on he was in the middle with Egan, Freddie, Walker and Niukore who’s playing lazy as fuck atm, we were getting ran through
I think the bigger story there is that Barnett wasn't well, which meant Lussick played prop and everyone got monstered. Mitch only played 25 minutes until the end, and look buggered when he came back. It flashed to him shaking his head and looked distressed when he came off.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back