• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com

TOP TEN NRL SPEEDS IN 2024​

1. Jason Saab 37.71 km/h (Sea Eagles)
  2. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 36.76 km/h (Dolphins)
  3. Paul Alamoti 36.02 km/h (Panthers)
  4. Dominic Young 35.96 km/h (Roosters)
  5. Alofiana Khan-Pereira 35.91 km/h (Titans)
  6. Xavier Savage 35.79 km/h (Raiders)
  7. Herbie Farnworth 35.76 km/h (Dolphins)
  8. Kaeo Weekes 35.72 km/h (Raiders)
  9. Charlie Staines 35.64 km/h (Wests Tigers)
  10. Josh Addo-Carr 35.62 km/h (Bulldogs)

This is the latest top 10 speedsters. They could see the second fastest player as more beneficial to Drinkwater? HTF was at the cowboys previously and previously came through there
Personally I wouldn’t swap them. Drinkwater is equal second for try assists this year on 23 (same as Jerome Hughes). Very different styles of fullback and I think Drinkwater is who they are building around. Hammer is more your support player fullback which wouldn’t suit Dearden and Clifford as much

I normally never liked Staines at panthers and tigers

But you can’t deny the pace of the dude, the Forbes Ferrari could be handy under AW
Hasn’t quite kicked on after his debut year he looked the goods. First player to score 4 tries on debut and played and scored in the grand final against the eels. Good player in there that seems to lost some confidence. You couldn’t really say he wasn’t wanted at the panthers, as the saying goes along the lines of you can’t keep them all. Think he went for better money to the tigers but like with the panthers were willing to bring Daine Laurie back that they’re not necessarily offloading players because they don’t want them, more that they’re not willing to pay with good players often sitting just behind

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
While the ploy of having the back three take the first 3 hit ups off the kick return does have a place I feel like we really on it far too often, too many times the first hit up from a forward is on the 4th tackle and then what, a backline play attacking an un-manipulated defensive line, a kick to be contested by a fatigued winger?
This is not a principle for recruiting wingers..
It's up to the backs to get those sets started especially with the number of interchanges per game. Is there room for our kickers to go for a fourty twenty to start sets?

Hasn’t quite kicked on after his debut year he looked the goods. First player to score 4 tries on debut and played and scored in the grand final against the eels. Good player in there that seems to lost some confidence. You couldn’t really say he wasn’t wanted at the panthers, as the saying goes along the lines of you can’t keep them all. Think he went for better money to the tigers but like with the panthers were willing to bring Daine Laurie back that they’re not necessarily offloading players because they don’t want them, more that they’re not willing to pay with good players often sitting just behind
We are not the type of club that can instill confidence in out own players let alone stains. Surely webby has had a bit to do with him though?

Personally I wouldn’t swap them. Drinkwater is equal second for try assists this year on 23 (same as Jerome Hughes). Very different styles of fullback and I think Drinkwater is who they are building around. Hammer is more your support player fullback which wouldn’t suit Dearden and Clifford as much
Perhaps they shift Drinkwater into the halves? Plenty of playmaking in him and think he came through in the halves at times. Clifford only been extended for one year and was looking on the outer until his big game last week. Starting to consider whether Tony Martin is spot on and Tuaupiki could shift to halfback?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Should we go for Daine Laurie as a half? Trying to get creative due to slim pickings...

62 games at fullback
15 games at stand off
2 games at half back

Perhaps they shift Drinkwater into the halves? Plenty of playmaking in him and think he came through in the halves at times. Clifford only been extended for one year and was looking on the outer until his big game last week. Starting to consider whether Tony Martin is spot on and Tuaupiki could shift to halfback?
I’m starting to shift my opinion to having TT at fullback. Allow him to do some playmaking from the back without the defensive responsibilities.
One thing that was noticeable with TMM and CHT paired was how much defensive work they got through. I think it would be a big ask to thrust that upon TT. I think if you had TMM,LM, Egan, and TT as a spine there should be enough points in you if you are playing an up tempo game.

TOP TEN NRL SPEEDS IN 2024​

1. Jason Saab 37.71 km/h (Sea Eagles)
  2. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 36.76 km/h (Dolphins)
  3. Paul Alamoti 36.02 km/h (Panthers)
  4. Dominic Young 35.96 km/h (Roosters)
  5. Alofiana Khan-Pereira 35.91 km/h (Titans)
  6. Xavier Savage 35.79 km/h (Raiders)
  7. Herbie Farnworth 35.76 km/h (Dolphins)
  8. Kaeo Weekes 35.72 km/h (Raiders)
  9. Charlie Staines 35.64 km/h (Wests Tigers)
  10. Josh Addo-Carr 35.62 km/h (Bulldogs)

This is the latest top 10 speedsters. They could see the second fastest player as more beneficial to Drinkwater? HTF was at the cowboys previously and previously came through there

Would love to see the top 3 from every club. Would be pretty telling imo.

I’m starting to shift my opinion to having TT at fullback. Allow him to do some playmaking from the back without the defensive responsibilities.
One thing that was noticeable with TMM and CHT paired was how much defensive work they got through. I think it would be a big ask to thrust that upon TT. I think if you had TMM,LM, Egan, and TT as a spine there should be enough points in you if you are playing an up tempo game.
Been watching with interest what the clubs plan was for Tuaupiki for some time. He’s been really directing in nsw cup and on field first choice kicker which you don’t see often at fullback. Was only a few years ago that Tuaupiki was Queensland cup player of the year in a year that had the likes of Khan Pereira coming through and he’s hit the ground running in first grade. Can recall SJ early in his career as a poor defender to which later became a strong point in his game, to some degree you only really need to be a speed bump to give another defender time to get there. Actually been really impressed with Metcalf’s defence and think he must have been working hard on it. As mentioned the comparison to Hughes is actually an interesting point to which I could see a future in it with how Tuaupiki didn’t look at all out of place for NZa in the halves. I could see benefits in throwing him there if they see a future and have a strong defensive fullback in RTS

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We're scraping the bottom of the barrell if Staines is a possible option to come here. Yeah he's fast. Fuck all else. He's soft as shit on dee, His reads are just as bad. You'd get a faster Dallin but less abrasive.
With everyone going on about needing speed, there’s your top 10. Looks about the only one on that list apart from perhaps Weekes that could potentially consider making a shift this way

We're scraping the bottom of the barrell if Staines is a possible option to come here. Yeah he's fast. Fuck all else. He's soft as shit on dee, His reads are just as bad. You'd get a faster Dallin but less abrasive.
Just watching Khan Pereira, I think you just need to accept poor defence and try and account for it in whatever way with someone like him tackling at 64%. That try was a beauty

Just watching Khan Pereira, I think you just need to accept poor defence and try and account for it in whatever way with someone like him tackling at 64%. That try was a beauty
The main concern most of the time with our wingers is how clueless they are on defense. Dallin is fast enough. And he can score them better than anyone. He just lets in as much tries as he scores them.

Accept poor dee for more speed ? Might as well keep poor dee Dallin. 2023 wasn't a fluke. He was top try scorer and the best winger in the comp last year . The team as a whole were better. This current side Peireira , Staines , Usain Bolt aren't doing much. Shit, I'd rather have someone like Daniel Tupou who isn't flash fast. But the top 2 inches he reigns supreme over that lot.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The main concern most of the time with our wingers is how clueless they are on defense. Dallin is fast enough. And he can score them better than anyone. He just lets in as much tries as he scores them.

Accept poor dee for more speed ? Might as well keep poor dee Dallin. 2023 wasn't a fluke. He was top try scorer and the best winger in the comp last year . The team as a whole were better. This current side Peireira , Staines , Usain Bolt aren't doing much. Shit, I'd rather have someone like Daniel Tupou who isn't flash fast. But the top 2 inches he reigns supreme over that lot.
Can recall DWZ having just as many poor defensive reads last year, it was a huge frustration from me then. It was just that our success disguised it. DWZ actually defends as one of the better wingers at 80%, with the likes of Tupou only just better. Obviously a hard position to defend relying on cohesion from those inside them. DWZ probably also benefited from a settled year last year having Berry beside him for near all season. He’s probably still my first choice right winger until someone like Pasikala displaces him

Tuapiki too injury prone for me, and lacks the size to be an elite fullback week in, week out - gets ragdolled too easily.

I doubt it'll happen with how stubborn Webby has been but I'd like to see RTS and CNK swap positions.
Disagree look at the size of Kini and few other no.1’s. TT is class and needs to be the no.1 and the goal kicker.

It will not happen though we will end up with a FB built like a prop as per usual, with poor lateral movement.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back