• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Dylan Brown is a 6, and does not have a halfback suited game at all. Barely kicks, can't control a team (Asi is in charge at the Eels). He's not what we need, and is contracted.

Realistic targets for 2026 who are legit kicking 7's are Tanah Boyd, Jake Clifford (think he's been re signed), Ilias, Hastings, Pezet, Sexton, Sezer and Trindall. A guy like Boyd or Ilias are realistic targets who we could possibly get for 2025, neither are going to make this forum happy but are both young and need a change in scene, while having the potential to be good NRL level 7's. I think that's legit the best we could get.

TMM, Metcalf and CHT all scream 6. Cleary is fringe Jersey Flegg right now, at best needs 1 year, probably 2 years in NSW cup to be even in the conversation.

At 25 next year, when do they start transitioning him? Has only played in the halves for NZa. Could they be transitioning him from fullback? He’s been the onfield kicking option many times this season from fullback
Last night he had 4 try assists with 2 from the boot. On attack he’s the second receiver in the opposition half, so I think the main thing for him would be learning to defend in the line

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Last night he had 4 try assists with 2 from the boot. On attack he’s the second receiver in the opposition half, so I think the main thing for him would be learning to defend in the line
And that's playing fullback.

Why wouldn't you play TMM 7, LM 6 and TT at 1?

Gives three points of attack. All have speed with LM the stand out there. Provides three try scoring or creating threats. TMM great short kicking game. LM and TT if we need to kick long.

Gives three points of attack. All have speed with LM the stand out there. Provides three try scoring or creating threats. TMM great short kicking game. LM and TT if we need to kick long.
This.
I would put also CNK up against Berry for that centre spot and give one of the wings to RTS.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
This.
I would put also CNK up against Berry for that centre spot and give one of the wings to RTS.
Something was wrong with CNK this year. Kept on making poor decisions and not executing basic skills.
a) Drop him to reserves to refind his mojo
b) try him at centre
c) Release him
d) Hope the off season does him some good.

I would release him. But I tend to make drastic decisions. RTS or TT to be our fullbacks next year.

Something was wrong with CNK this year. Kept on making poor decisions and not executing basic skills.
a) Drop him to reserves to refind his mojo
b) try him at centre
c) Release him
d) Hope the off season does him some good.

He was great in the early part of the season
Suspect he s been playing injured most of the year certainly lost pace
I would release him. But I tend to make drastic decisions. RTS or TT to be our fullbacks next year.

1 avg year for Egan and you wanna release him, ok champ. Fans are quick to forget he was arguably one of the best 9s last year

What you’re saying is lets replace our whole back 5 essentially and replace them with who???
Ye and ye.

Before last year egans been poor, on top of that he’s too fragile.
everyone played out of their skin last year, but most been average most of their careers. Theirs a reason Bulldogs fans couldn’t wait to get rid of Monty and Dallin, Charnze was dropped by raiders.
I’m not saying theyre shit, just not what we need.

I wouldn’t be changing our whole backline, just the back 3.
Who would I replace them with? Players with speed and X factor

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
1 avg year for Egan and you wanna release him, ok champ. Fans are quick to forget he was arguably one of the best 9s last year

What you’re saying is lets replace our whole back 5 essentially and replace them with who???
Yeah no to dropping Egan. But definitely need to get Roache up to speed fast, because if Egan has another year like this year, we wont be making the finals.

100% to replacing the back 5. Another year older and slower for our troops isnt going to make things better. Im moving on Monty and DWZ, shifting CNK and RTS. Then looking at replacing RTS and CNK in 2026.

1. TT
  2. MGT
  3. Ali
  4. CNK
  5. RTS

I'm sure we will see some further movement within the squad. The bones of the squad is very strong and there certainly some talent coming through.

One thing that is clear that needs building up again is the mental resilience to stay in games.

Get that right anything is possible. Hopefully JFH will be the leader of that shift along with Barnett and Harris.

Hopefully the rest will do Harris good and he can return for possibly one last season.

Given SJ retirement I'm sure someone in the halves is been targeted. Personally, I'm not 100 convinced with LM as long term 6 or 7. The challenge for Warriors there is a lack of quality 6 or 7 available.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Yeah no to dropping Egan. But definitely need to get Roache up to speed fast, because if Egan has another year like this year, we wont be making the finals.

100% to replacing the back 5. Another year older and slower for our troops isnt going to make things better. Im moving on Monty and DWZ, shifting CNK and RTS. Then looking at replacing RTS and CNK in 2026.

1. TT
  2. MGT
  3. Ali
  4. CNK
  5. RTS
I like this style
Continue to build a mobile bully forward pack to get us up field

And have speed and X factor in the backs

TT at FB maybe turned into a half

Wings must be pace RTS is not a long term solution but I’m sure we are stuck with him

Centres must offload so Berry, CNK, Ali, Pomps

Halves TMM and Metcalf, I’m voting to bring back volks and maybe a seasoned half to help

Adan Sezer is ok in a BS team and can kick

Tannah Boyd or Ilias if they want to come to NZ these aren’t elite but we had an elite half for a long while

We need IQ and systems

Dummy half Egan and roach

We can get to the red zone easy

Then short kick game and repeat sets

But we need a long range kicker and goal kicker

I like this, With CNK on Montoya’s wing, RTS, left centre, Ali or Berry Right centre and for lack of a better option DWZ on the right wing

I’m certain we’ll see a couple of signings similar to Capewell last year where the player is still under contract at a club but has others in front of him or the club want to free up cap space. Going through the squads there’s a decent number of players that I think we should be enquiring about. Would be happy with us signing any of Wilson or Skelton at the Dogs, Simmonsen at the Eels, Laurie at the Panthers, Faalogo at Storm, Pauga at the Roosters or Sami at the Titans. Some of those are very unlikely - hard to see the Storm letting Faalogo go, but def worth a phone call to their respective clubs.

I’m certain we’ll see a couple of signings similar to Capewell last year where the player is still under contract at a club but has others in front of him or the club want to free up cap space. Going through the squads there’s a decent number of players that I think we should be enquiring about. Would be happy with us signing any of Wilson or Skelton at the Dogs, Simmonsen at the Eels, Laurie at the Panthers, Faalogo at Storm, Pauga at the Roosters or Sami at the Titans. Some of those are very unlikely - hard to see the Storm letting Faalogo go, but def worth a phone call to their respective clubs.
Eels are after Wilson. Skelton signed with the tigers. Simonson re signed with the eels. Laurie re signed panthers. Faalogo re signed storm.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back