• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
having Berry beside him for near all season. He’s probably still my first choice right winger until someone like Pasikala displaces him
This is my point. Might as well keep Dallin instead of getting faster guys that are worse defensively. Aim higher.

In regards to Tupou you get the same output from him year in year out. He is the most dependable winger in the comp. And slower than all the wingers mentioned. You can depend on him 99.99 percent of the time to finish tries, Take multiple hit ups a set. Defend well and not do dumb shit. Not that I'd take him over Dallin. But someone like Daniel would compliment our young bulls like Ali & Rocco with setting the standards expected of you week in week out.

Dwz has it all. He is a fearless defender, He runs it as hard as anyone. Scores as good as anyone. Has good speed. Just very inconsistent, Drops his bundle when shit goes bad for him. Monty is a slower , even more inconsistent Dallin lol. Not good for the young centres we have coming through seeing there more experienced team-mates constantly drop in & out of form

Still have hope daliin will find his mojo again next season. Him & Berry make a awesome combo.

NZWarriors.com
This is my point. Might as well keep Dallin instead of getting faster guys that are worse defensively. Aim higher.

In regards to Tupou you get the same output from him year in year out. He is the most dependable winger in the comp. And slower than all the wingers mentioned. You can depend on him 99.99 percent of the time to finish tries, Take multiple hit ups a set. Defend well and not do dumb shit. Not that I'd take him over Dallin. But someone like Daniel would compliment our young bulls like Ali & Rocco with setting the standards expected of you week in week out.

Dwz has it all. He is a fearless defender, He runs it as hard as anyone. Scores as good as anyone. Has good speed. Just very inconsistent, Drops his bundle when shit goes bad for him. Monty is a slower , even more inconsistent Dallin lol. Not good for the young centres we have coming through seeing there more experienced team-mates constantly drop in & out of form

Still have hope daliin will find his mojo again next season. Him & Berry make an awesome combo.
Loosely the point I was making when talking about Staines being the only potential player apart from perhaps Weekes that we’d have a shot at on that list. For the defensive frailties that DWZ can possess, he’s the best option for us at present. He may not be express pace but he offers plenty in the aspects you mentioned also. Think he’ll benefit from a settled backline, hopefully that’s what we get

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Erin Clarke seems like a flat track bully.

Not very good on the back foot.
Interesting how many of the players we are bringing over or been linked to would likely have time with Webster at the club he’s been at. Clark was at the Warriors when Webster last was. JFH from panthers of course. We were linked to Micheal Chee Kam and he would have been at the tigers when Webster spent time there, and Seyfarth potentially a junior coming through?

Daniel Atkinson might be worth a punt. Spent time in the Storms system too. Nicho returns he is back playing for the Jets in NSW Cup.

I thought Erin went good, straightens the attack, seems to have good footy IQ. The Titans lock seemed to be the one missing most tackles.

Interesting Clark was benched this week, Salty prick old Desmond.

Daniel Atkinson might be worth a punt. Spent time in the Storms system too. Nicho returns he is back playing for the Jets in NSW Cup.
Hey I think that is a great idea for a 3rd ranked half.
Pecking order can be
1 Metcalf - injury prone
2 TMM - injury prone
3 Atkinson
4 CHT - injury prone

Loosely the point I was making when talking about Staines being the only potential player apart from perhaps Weekes that we’d have a shot at on that list. For the defensive frailties that DWZ can possess, he’s the best option for us at present. He may not be express pace but he offers plenty in the aspects you mentioned also. Think he’ll benefit from a settled backline, hopefully that’s what we get
I hear ya bro.

Not sure if you're watching Tits vs Cocks? And this is not directed at you. The speed vs brains/consistency convo I'm having with myself(🤣) Pereira is having a mare(scored 2 tries) then does dumb shit while Tupou"s is racking up the tries & mistake free. Not that it matters to anyone. Just want Dallin to turn into our very own Tupou that we can rely on every game. I believe he can.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I hear ya bro.

Not sure if you're watching Tits vs Cocks? And this is not directed at you. The speed vs brains/consistency convo I'm having with myself(🤣) Pereira is having a mare(scored 2 tries) then does dumb shit while Tupou"s is racking up the tries & mistake free. Not that it matters to anyone. Just want Dallin to turn into our very own Tupou that we can rely on every game. I believe he can.
It's that balance, isn't it?
You don't want a player who isn't afraid to try stuff - risky stuff - which obviously won't come off, since that adds to the error count.
But you also don't want a player who's conservative as heck, never makes a mistake but jeez, if he'd just try to add to the attack...
It's a player who knows when to and when not to. Which obviously no player ever knows perfectly the right time, so...
If I had to choose, I'd go for a 8/5 split at best of conservative/not afraid to try stuff players. I think the Warriors have always had too many players with an attitude of "I have to try stuff", be it make the pass that's not really on, go for the intercept rather than just tackle the player who's going to get the ball. That and "I don't trust/don't communicate with the guy beside me" like Manu's habit of moving in to cover Jerome/whoever his centre partner was rather than stand and cover his opponent...

It's that balance, isn't it?
You don't want a player who isn't afraid to try stuff - risky stuff - which obviously won't come off, since that adds to the error count.
But you also don't want a player who's conservative as heck, never makes a mistake but jeez, if he'd just try to add to the attack...
It's a player who knows when to and when not to. Which obviously no player ever knows perfectly the right time, so...
If I had to choose, I'd go for a 8/5 split at best of conservative/not afraid to try stuff players. I think the Warriors have always had too many players with an attitude of "I have to try stuff", be it make the pass that's not really on, go for the intercept rather than just tackle the player who's going to get the ball. That and "I don't trust/don't communicate with the guy beside me" like Manu's habit of moving in to cover Jerome/whoever his centre partner was rather than stand and cover his opponent...
Daliin has been off the mark of late with his risk vs reward plays. I think it's down to his lack of communication with team-mates and trust in his insides. Get that right, And his risk vs rewards comes off in the positive instead of the negative.

Just watching Khan Pereira, I think you just need to accept poor defence and try and account for it in whatever way with someone like him tackling at 64%. That try was a beauty
Would we ever get the ball through our backline to let him show that pace.

Re SJ’s performance on Friday - it was very noticeable that he had an intention to take the ball to the line but in every case he got to the line and almost stopped before shovelling it out the back.
Not once did he go to the line with any enthusiasm nor try and get through the line

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I hear ya bro.

DWZ will never be a good defender. His brain freezes in these clutch moments and it goes on auto pilot, rushing in not sure himself on what he’s trying to do. Kosi has the exact same problem. At least stick to one guy as opposed to being caught in no man’s land half the time or reacting too slow that all your doing is fucking arm grabbing as they’re scoring in the corner…
I can see it in eyes everytime… FEAR
DWZ and Kosi. Dumb and dumber.

Would we ever get the ball through our backline to let him show that pace.

Re SJ’s performance on Friday - it was very noticeable that he had an intention to take the ball to the line but in every case he got to the line and almost stopped before shovelling it out the back.
Not once did he go to the line with any enthusiasm nor try and get through the line

SJ hasn’t done anything with enthusiasm this year.

DWZ will never be a good defender. His brain freezes in these clutch moments and it goes on auto pilot, rushing in not sure himself on what he’s trying to do. Kosi has the exact same problem. At least stick to one guy as opposed to being caught in no man’s land half the time or reacting too slow that all your doing is fucking arm grabbing as they’re scoring in the corner…
I can see it in eyes everytime… FEAR
DWZ and Kosi. Dumb and dumber.
Never be? Last year he was on? So that's a lie. They must of used anti-freeze on his brain maybe ? Or his hair had extra insulation last year and kept it from freezing? Funny you add Kosi but Montoya gets a pass? Even Pomps lack of speed caught him out often. I mean, We've had many contributors to the brain freeze squad at times.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Never be? Last year he was on? So that's a lie. They must of used anti-freeze on his brain maybe ? Or his hair had extra insulation last year and kept it from freezing? Funny you add Kosi but Montoya gets a pass? Even Pomps lack of speed caught him out often. I mean, We've had many contributors to the brain freeze squad at times.

Last year? What about last year? He couldn’t tackle last year either. In fact he hasn’t been able to tackle his entire career. Pls prove me wrong and show me his try saving tackles last season 🤔

Montoya doesn’t get a pass. Neither does Pompey. I’ve said it often enough there are better options in NSW Cup.

Last year? What about last year? He couldn’t tackle last year either. In fact he hasn’t been able to tackle his entire career. Pls prove me wrong and show me his try saving tackles last season 🤔

Montoya doesn’t get a pass. Neither does Pompey. I’ve said it often enough there are better options in NSW Cup.
You're a bit of a Aman 3.0 aren't ya? Lol. Ok, I'll show you in person. Pick you up after I charge the Delorean & ask Marty McFly how to drive it.

Hey I think that is a great idea for a 3rd ranked half.
Pecking order can be
1 Metcalf - injury prone
2 TMM - injury prone
3 Atkinson
4 CHT - injury prone
Atkinson would be first choice half if he came here, which is why he won’t. He’s playing too good at present to be dropped he’ll play half and Nicho to 6 I reckon

Atkinson would be first choice half if he came here, which is why he won’t. He’s playing too good at present to be dropped he’ll play half and Nicho to 6 I reckon
Well it was a good thought while it lasted. Who's our next idea? He doesn't have to be perfect. We are talking about Toby Sexton calibre players. Or there or there abouts.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back