• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Eels are after Wilson. Skelton signed with the tigers. Simonson re signed with the eels. Laurie re signed panthers. Faalogo re signed storm.
Didn’t realise Skelton had signed with the Tigers & figured Laurie & Faalogo would be unlikely, Simonsson probably plays wing despite the Lomax signing so that’s fair enough - can’t even recall if Sivo is heading elsewhere, perhaps Superleague, however in my hat case can understand why they’d be after Wilson, really good player. Oh well will have to be Philip Sami that we sign.

Yeah AJ would be top of the tree of potential surplus players although I see he’s been switched into centre for this round.
Could be a further hint he’s not in their future? Started earlier in the season at centre and it was a bust. Been tried in the halves and that too didn’t work out. Seems like he’s suited to fullback, certainly trails the ball carrier well to go with his speed. Like many of the modern fullbacks, defence isn’t his strong point though

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Could be a further hint he’s not in their future? Started earlier in the season at centre and it was a bust. Been tried in the halves and that too didn’t work out. Seems like he’s suited to fullback, certainly trails the ball carrier well to go with his speed. Like many of the modern fullbacks, defence isn’t his strong point though
Yeah it’s remarkable how quickly things can change - signed on a big multi-year contract one moment & then next thing he’s ousted from his best position by a youngster who’s clearly a better player! I figure Hasler will back peddle & play AJ at centre ahead of Sami however I’m not sure that would be the right move.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s remarkable how quickly things can change - signed on a big multi-year contract one moment & then next thing he’s clearly ousted from his best position by a youngster who’s clearly a better player! I figure Hasler will back peddle & play AJ at centre ahead of Sami however I’m not sure that would be the right move.
Could very well be giving him the opportunity to impress at centre and be between Brimson or Sami who they offload? I agree, I don’t think that would be a good move for them. Quite a few teams with new coaches and coaches just coming in that are re shaping their squads, just like us. Think just like Clark there will be more players that already are contracted become available

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I like this style
Continue to build a mobile bully forward pack to get us up field

And have speed and X factor in the backs

TT at FB maybe turned into a half

Wings must be pace RTS is not a long term solution but I’m sure we are stuck with him

Centres must offload so Berry, CNK, Ali, Pomps

Halves TMM and Metcalf, I’m voting to bring back volks and maybe a seasoned half to help

Adan Sezer is ok in a BS team and can kick

Tannah Boyd or Ilias if they want to come to NZ these aren’t elite but we had an elite half for a long while

We need IQ and systems

Dummy half Egan and roach

We can get to the red zone easy

Then short kick game and repeat sets

But we need a long range kicker and goal kicker
Good summary
Volks or Tanah Boyd yes

Could very well be giving him the opportunity to impress at centre and be between Brimson or Sami who they offload? I agree, I don’t think that would be a good move for them. Quite a few teams with new coaches and coaches just coming in that are re shaping their squads, just like us. Think just like Clark there will be more players that already are contracted become available

Clark has already prob told the Warriors what the situation is say with Tanah Boyd and AJ Brimson

I d like to see Ron Volkman come back providing the shoulder is ok - should be- Benji had five shoulder ops

Clark has already prob told the Warriors what the situation is say with Tanah Boyd and AJ Brimson

I d like to see Ron Volkman come back providing the shoulder is ok - should be- Benji had five shoulder ops
Also rumours that Hamiso Tabai Fidow is keen on a return to the cowboys. Would be interesting to see if they’d accommodate that at fullback or centre? Would imagine he’d be keen on fullback? Could see Drinkwater become available? Think we’ve gone after him in the past? Think there’s going to be a lot of movement

Also rumours that Hamiso Tabai Fidow is keen on a return to the cowboys. Would be interesting to see if they’d accommodate that at fullback or centre? Would imagine he’d be keen on fullback? Could see Drinkwater become available? Think we’ve gone after him in the past? Think there’s going to be a lot of movement
I don’t think there would be any world in which the Cowboys let Drinkwater go. Their whole attack is based around him

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Good call
My guess hammer to cowboys and AJ or drink water to Phins

With movement comes opportunity hopefully we get to eat also

I don’t think there would be any world in which the Cowboys let Drinkwater go. Their whole attack is based around him
Think Taumalolo’s contract is really biting them. Won’t budge on them trying to shift him on, and why would you? Many said at the time it was a risky contract. They’ve just pulled out of their pursuit for RCG, not wanting to grant 3 years for the contract he’s chasing but need a front rower or two with Jordan McLean not far from retiring. Got some good young backs coming through at the cowboys

Think Taumalolo’s contract is really biting them. Won’t budge on them trying to shift him on, and why would you? Many said at the time it was a risky contract. They’ve just pulled out of their pursuit for RCG, not wanting to grant 3 years for the contract he’s chasing but need a front rower or two with Jordan McLean not far from retiring. Got some good young backs coming through at the cowboys
Yeah definitely a good squad building there. I don’t think they will lose much with Holmes going.
I think Dearden and Drinkwater compliment each other perfectly

Yeah definitely a good squad building there. I don’t think they will lose much with Holmes going.
I think Dearden and Drinkwater compliment each other perfectly

TOP TEN NRL SPEEDS IN 2024​

1. Jason Saab 37.71 km/h (Sea Eagles)
  2. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 36.76 km/h (Dolphins)
  3. Paul Alamoti 36.02 km/h (Panthers)
  4. Dominic Young 35.96 km/h (Roosters)
  5. Alofiana Khan-Pereira 35.91 km/h (Titans)
  6. Xavier Savage 35.79 km/h (Raiders)
  7. Herbie Farnworth 35.76 km/h (Dolphins)
  8. Kaeo Weekes 35.72 km/h (Raiders)
  9. Charlie Staines 35.64 km/h (Wests Tigers)
  10. Josh Addo-Carr 35.62 km/h (Bulldogs)

This is the latest top 10 speedsters. They could see the second fastest player as more beneficial to Drinkwater? HTF was at the cowboys previously and previously came through there

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

TOP TEN NRL SPEEDS IN 2024​

1. Jason Saab 37.71 km/h (Sea Eagles)
  2. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 36.76 km/h (Dolphins)
  3. Paul Alamoti 36.02 km/h (Panthers)
  4. Dominic Young 35.96 km/h (Roosters)
  5. Alofiana Khan-Pereira 35.91 km/h (Titans)
  6. Xavier Savage 35.79 km/h (Raiders)
  7. Herbie Farnworth 35.76 km/h (Dolphins)
  8. Kaeo Weekes 35.72 km/h (Raiders)
  9. Charlie Staines 35.64 km/h (Wests Tigers)
  10. Josh Addo-Carr 35.62 km/h (Bulldogs)

This is the latest top 10 speedsters. They could see the second fastest player as more beneficial to Drinkwater? HTF was at the cowboys previously and previously came through there
Interesting that Xavier Savage is on the list. I quite like him and would welcome him to the Warriors if that ever came to pass.

Interesting that Xavier Savage is on the list. I quite like him and would welcome him to the Warriors if that ever came to pass.
Also Charlie Staines. Would have been at the panthers when Webster was? Low tackle efficiency at 71%, but Savage’s sits at 74% so not a great deal better. Even Montoya’s sits at 77% so not brilliant either. Staines being young and in the past covering centre and fullback could see him become an option? Just last week the tigers picked up 7 signings, but I’ve seen that 5 or 6 have asked for a release too

Also Charlie Staines. Would have been at the panthers when Webster was? Low tackle efficiency at 71%, but Savage’s sits at 74% so not a great deal better. Even Montoya’s sits at 77% so not brilliant either. Staines being young and in the past covering centre and fullback could see him become an option? Just last week the tigers picked up 7 signings, but I’ve seen that 5 or 6 have asked for a release too
I normally never liked Staines at panthers and tigers

But you can’t deny the pace of the dude, the Forbes Ferrari could be handy under AW

Yeah it’s remarkable how quickly things can change - signed on a big multi-year contract one moment & then next thing he’s ousted from his best position by a youngster who’s clearly a better player! I figure Hasler will back peddle & play AJ at centre ahead of Sami however I’m not sure that would be the right move.
Shows you no player should be certainty and that you need to be testing your depth players.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back