• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
I'm guessing you will see further roster movement. I think Bunty is a likely one, Walker if you believe social media posts, although this denied.

With the signing of Clark and Roache as hookers is Lussick a likely person to be moved on.
Looks to me like we’ve got a lot of centres. Think we could lose someone we all rate, or position changes for some?

NZWarriors.com
I'm a Dylan Brown fan but I do really think there's some misunderstanding about his game on here.

He isn't a DCE/Reynolds type game manager who will get you out of trouble. In fact, he very rarely does the majority of kicking for the Eels.

He is more of an off the cuff attacking option that needs to be paired with a more steady option like he is with Moses. Sound like any recently retired Warriors halfbacks?

I'm a Dylan Brown fan but I do really think there's some misunderstanding about his game on here.

He isn't a DCE/Reynolds type game manager who will get you out of trouble. In fact, he very rarely does the majority of kicking for the Eels.

He is more of an off the cuff attacking option that needs to be paired with a more steady option like he is with Moses. Sound like any recently retired Warriors halfbacks?
Metcalf sees himself at 7, though I’m not sure and is untried. TMM leads the team at 7 but lacks a long kicking game. Brown showed last night he has a decent short kicking game, but his running game and willingness to take the line on is where I see his benefit

Whilst there’s not a hell of a lot of talent available next year, look at our two major signings in JFH & Clarke. BOTH were contracted past next season but have negotiated an early release. We have cap to spare, we’re short in a number of positions, so we are going to be active in the player market imo.

Priorities for me are:
1. Halfback
2. Outside back
3. Middle forward

Options past this year I’d look at, and are somewhat realistic imo:

Halfback: Boyd, Hastings, Ilias, pezet, sexton, walker

Outside back: Fifita, mulitalo, savage, Wilson

Middle forward: pole, ofahengaue, guler, Royce hunt, Jensen, Oregon kaufusi, josh king, Neame, sipley, leo thompson, willison.

These were the best options imo, and I think all of these players would add value to our squad.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Whilst there’s not a hell of a lot of talent available next year, look at our two major signings in JFH & Clarke. BOTH were contracted past next season but have negotiated an early release. We have cap to spare, we’re short in a number of positions, so we are going to be active in the player market imo.

Priorities for me are:
1. Halfback
2. Outside back
3. Middle forward

Middle forward: pole, ofahengaue, guler, Royce hunt, Jensen, Oregon kaufusi, josh king, Neame, sipley, leo thompson, willison.

These were the best options imo, and I think all of these players would add value to our squad.
I reckon Boyd could be that game manager half, great kicking game.
Next to Metcalf I think could work.

Priorities for me are:
1. Halfback
2. Outside back
3. Middle forward

I've always liked the look of Ilias. Felt he's been a victim of the dysfunction of the Bunnies last couple of seasons and the ugly charge down prevented him from getting another chance in first grade this year which he almost certainly would have. He's only 24 and so is Boyd so they should be seriously looking at one of them.

I've always liked the look of Ilias. Felt he's been a victim of the dysfunction of the Bunnies last couple of seasons and the ugly charge down prevented him from getting another chance in first grade this year which he almost certainly would have. He's only 24 and so is Boyd so they should be seriously looking at one of them.
Great minds think alike :ROFLMAO:

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I hope Webby grows a pair over the off-season after this disaster season. No positions guaranteed but Metcalf, JFH and Barnett. The rest of the team have to earn their spot. He can have his first choice team list but if someone is outperforming them during the preseason well now it's their spot,

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Think we could do a lot worse than bringing Volkman back too. Only out of the game for a season but has a good knowledge of our new cup players about to make the step up in the next season or two. Good boot and game manager. Could spend a season behind TMM to get back up to speed? Have to see how chocolatey his shoulder is now

Think we could do a lot worse than bringing Volkman back too. Only out of the game for a season but has a good knowledge of our new cup players about to make the step up in the next season or two. Good boot and game manager. Could spend a season behind TMM to get back up to speed? Have to see how chocolatey his shoulder is now
Yes sir bring Volk back money ball contract and see how it plays out

Plus he kicks

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Ben Farr is off too , according to the other NSW Cup players social media posts.
Shame to see but I don’t think he’ll be the only one. We’ve got Kahu Capper that will perhaps come into the centres? That’s with already having plenty, perhaps they try another position? Not sure how far Farr will get or what his ideal position is but I admire his attitude. Can provide a mistake here and there but he gives it his all in whatever position he’s selected in

I really hope we don’t find a “game managing” 7. There are so many wasted hit ups at the moment in the red zone so that we can have one shot per set.
I much prefer the TMM playing directly at speed model. Would love to see that paired with a more creative fullback so that the second rowers and centres actually get a chance to attack again.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back