• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Man, Shaun Stevenson has got Xavier Coates written all over him. Seeing some of his highlight reels, his stature, running style and skill was impressive and looked like a mound of Xavier Coates.

I reckon with his ability, I cant see why he wouldn't be able to come into League and make a pretty quick impression on what he could do.

100% potential in that signing by the Warriors. I haven't seen that sort of potential by previous wingers at the Warriors to be frank.

NZWarriors.com
I've noticed how back 3 has become back 5, when will they become the forward pack taking the early hit ups gaining yardage for the backs to live off..
The whole game is changing where pretty much every position requires mobility and filling multiple positions a huge advantage. Looks like second row being able to cover centre is sought after by many clubs? Lock looks to be a massive evolution to where guys like Taumalolo, Finucine and many more have become redundant almost. Think this is where we’re seeing Tohu becoming less impactful even with his ball playing. Even Yeo I’m seeing having less and less impact, because of the speed which is required. This is where I see the potential in CHT at lock. Walker has done it successfully, and feel he and people like Connor Watson being the prototype

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
To be honest, we have enough kids coming from rugby schools and getting education in rugby league once at the warriors, why on earth should we be chasing rugby players!?

We need rugby league folk! I don't give a fuck about sticking it to rugby, I just want people that know how to playbthe game, not have to wait years on end for them to catch up.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Man, Shaun Stevenson has got Xavier Coates written all over him. Seeing some of his highlight reels, his stature, running style and skill was impressive and looked like a mound of Xavier Coates.

I reckon with his ability, I cant see why he wouldn't be able to come into League and make a pretty quick impression on what he could do.

100% potential in that signing by the Warriors. I haven't seen that sort of potential by previous wingers at the Warriors to be frank.
No he does not! He's never played league, and I bet he would be as average as the wingers we already have.

talking of union, why dont decent 7s players consider NRL? I get the lure of playing 7s tourns throughout the world, but is it really that exciting? Surely it wouldnt be that hard to entice some fijian speedsters as project players?

Talking of which, just read that Junior Ratuva is now playing for the Drua. Remember everyone frothing when that pic of him gianting some of our first grade players.

talking of union, why dont decent 7s players consider NRL? I get the lure of playing 7s tourns throughout the world, but is it really that exciting? Surely it wouldnt be that hard to entice some fijian speedsters as project players?

Talking of which, just read that Junior Ratuva is now playing for the Drua. Remember everyone frothing when that pic of him gianting some of our first grade players.
Cause they don’t like the contact involved

NRL you get found out pretty quickly if you can’t take hard knocks. And there’s a lot in rugby of that mould

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Wonder what team Jazz is going to? Just watched him on crowd goes wild say “I’m going to miss this place. Not looking forward to coming back next year, hopefully we smash you’s
I’d be really surprised to see an NRL team offer him more than minimum salary to sign him.

I’d be really surprised to see an NRL team offer him more than minimum salary to sign him.
He’s not in a position to dictate such things as not being interested in playing hooker if he wants to continue his career. Don’t forget he picked up dally m interchange player of the year in 2018. I could see a club seeing him as a worthwhile bench player if he was interested? Think the bench is recognised as an important factor in the team, so much so we were prepared to pay $700k a season for Dylan Walker to play aff the bench though he’s played his way into the starting 13. If Jazz could offer a team small middle, ball playing lock and hooker, he could be regarded as a valuable utility with the attitude he brings?

If utilised well he could do with a change of scenery. Was only a few years back when he won the Dally M for interchange player of the year. Just last year we were ringing in the plaudits for the 'bald brothers'. He is worthy of being a bench player for a lot of NRL clubs. This from a club which has some of the highest paid bench players in the game.

If utilised well he could do with a change of scenery. Was only a few years back when he won the Dally M for interchange player of the year. Just last year we were ringing in the plaudits for the 'bald brothers'. He is worthy of being a bench player for a lot of NRL clubs. This from a club which has some of the highest paid bench players in the game.
Dolphins pack ageing
Jesse retires this year
Aitken going to S Sydney

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

William Warbrick goes alright, Wallaby winger Chooks just signed player 7’s and a guy who I thought was average in 7’s went well for Knights last season, Lachie Miller.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back