• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
William Warbrick goes alright, Wallaby winger Chooks just signed player 7’s and a guy who I thought was average in 7’s went well for Knights last season, Lachie Miller.
Heaps of women have switched from 7s to the NRLW too. Tyla King, Stacey Waaka, Emma Tonegato to name a few.

Granted it's slightly different with women having less choice around where the money is, but it can be done.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I'd be keen on knowing what our plan with Jackson Ford is. Imo he could be one of those 'all effort' guys who stays on and becomes a bit of a cult hero (after learning how to hold on to the ball) or we have a pretty decent bargaining chip on our hands, but we kind of need to use him now while he's contracted to us.

Dragons are keen on letting a few go nek year, a trade of Lawrie for Ford (with us chipping in about 300k) would be a huge win imo.

Our forward pack could look like this:
James Fisher Harris
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Capewell
Tohu

Walker
Leka
Sifakula
Lawrie

I'd be keen on knowing what our plan with Jackson Ford is. Imo he could be one of those 'all effort' guys who stays on and becomes a bit of a cult hero (after learning how to hold on to the ball) or we have a pretty decent bargaining chip on our hands, but we kind of need to use him now while he's contracted to us.

Dragons are keen on letting a few go nek year, a trade of Lawrie for Ford (with us chipping in about 300k) would be a huge win imo.

James Fisher Harris
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Capewell
Tohu

Walker
Leka
Sifakula
Lawrie
I’ve looked across heaps of forums and Ford’s name comes up often with heaps of teams short on second rowers, especially that he showed he can handle the middle too. Bunty’s name is another that I often see, especially now he’s sitting in nsw cup. Broncos forum is one place I’ve seen interest in Ford and with so much going on in that club regarding Walsh, Cobbo and Staggs contract as well as looking for their next halfback, that could be somewhere where we can benefit? Also see that broncos are the latest club to show interest in Corey Horsborough after he’s met with bulldogs and in talks with tigers. Willison is the dream that hopefully comes true

Last edited:

James Fisher Harris
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Capewell
Tohu

Walker
Leka
Sifakula
Lawrie
I am not sure about Lawrie. I know his numbers are OK but when watching him this year he makes no impact. Many times I watched him he was going backwards when taking the ball up. To me it seems to be an attitude/confidence issue with him. Not sure we should take on a project like that on the assumption Webster will get the best out of him. Webster didn't get the best out of many players this year.

I would look at Niukore moving to the middle and the edge of Leka and Laban. Preferably Leka because of the X factor. Sifakula could be a good bench middle. If Sifakula gets leaner in the off season he could also be an edge option as well. We should also look at introducing TSS into FG provided he keeps up his standards in NSW Cup.

I am not sure about Lawrie. I know his numbers are OK but when watching him this year he makes no impact. Many times I watched him he was going backwards when taking the ball up. To me it seems to be an attitude/confidence issue with him. Not sure we should take on a project like that on the assumption Webster will get the best out of him. Webster didn't get the best out of many players this year.

I would look at Niukore moving to the middle and the edge of Leka and Laban. Preferably Leka because of the X factor. Sifakula could be a good bench middle. If Sifakula gets leaner in the off season he could also be an edge option as well. We should also look at introducing TSS into FG provided he keeps up his standards in NSW Cup.
Big fan of this. Plus it lets you start Ford at prop, where I feel he played his best footy this year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Yeah that's fair. To be honest I haven't watched the Dragons much this year, and his numbers are deffo down from his previous years but I'd still take a punt on him. 28 in Jan nek year, his last 4 years he's averaged between 110-135m a game which is pretty good.

Yeah that's fair. To be honest I haven't watched the Dragons much this year, and his numbers are deffo down from his previous years but I'd still take a punt on him. 28 in Jan nek year, his last 4 years he's averaged between 110-135m a game which is pretty good.
Would be interesting to know what he’s on salary wise, he’s signed by the dragons until 2026 so you’d need to take over that contract and probably offer another year to entice a shift to another country? Though I think Ford was signed to a short contract initially but likely had limited offers. Like many of the front rowers on the market, his salary could be a sticking point? Though only a stab in the dark and not accurate, the daily telegraph had Lawrie’s salary in 2023 at $450k. It then in an article on 2024 salaries, it lists him at $680k. Often see this that players salaries rise towards their final years of their contracts and that’s when clubs try to offload them

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Whispers Jazz is heading to manly

Surely we have some ins coming? Even accounting for upgrades to promising juniors there should be cap space and roster spots to fill.

It would be nice to know if we are going for a big gun or some squad players with upside.

After the re-signings of Leniu and Watson, I'm just waiting for the Roosters to crush the infinitesimal hope of Sam Walker. We have to get halfback sorted to go anywhere in 2025 and beyond.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back