• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Sexton grew up on the street I live on- his parents still live here- everyone says my son reminds them of him because he’s always out in the front yard with a ball.
Haven’t met him but his parents are lovely.
He’s become a bit of a meme on this site but he’s actually a bloody good player who got thrown to the wolves too early.
He’s a more natural halfback than anyone on our books.
It’s funny how he was behind Tanah Boyd at the Titans.

How do you rate Tanah Boyd Mr Defence?

NZWarriors.com
If the Walker rumours are true, SJ goes, JFH isn’t taking all of AFB’s coin and Tahu, well who knows there, but how much cap space do we have for 2025?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Let’s be realistic. I thinking we need an outside back, a half, and probably a middle forward.

Options for 2025:
Karapani (broncos)

Options for 2026/early release
Corey jenson Bronx
Xavier willison Bronx
Emre gular raiders
Xavier savage raiders
Blake Wilson dogs
Ronaldo mulitalo sharks
Oregan kaufusi sharks
Royce hunt sharks
Tuka hau tupaha sharks
Tanah boys titans
Erin Clark titans
Jojo Fifita titans
Tof Sipley manly
Jonah pezet storm
Jackson Hastings knights
Leo Thompson knights
Val homes cows
Griffin Neame cows
Wiremu Grieg eele
Joe ofa eels
Dave moale rabbits
Fonua pole tigers

It’s pretty slim pickings out there

Last edited:
The club is in an interesting position. Our short premiership window has now obviously closed, so do we go into full rebuild mode, or try and salvage a top 8 finish while many of our players have a year left on their contracts?

As much as I want to see our youngsters come through, I’m not sure I’d be able to endure another year of mediocrity and missing the 8. Hopefully the club can find a balance between the two and not end up in a full rebuild similar to the tigers.
Realistic goal for next year is to be 8th. The year after that.....5th. next after that....top four. Then win the premiership. Then win it again. Then lose it in the GF. Then win it.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
With Shaun Johnson now officially retired post-2024, I think we see the prospect of the May rumour around Dylan Brown come to light. He sees himself as a halfback and again on the weekend he played five-eighth.

View: https://www.facebook.com/1170sen/videos/brown-to-the-wahs/465883316109981/.

Clearly the Warriors knew that this was going to be Johnson's last year and so began the pursuit of Brown early which based on the link above seems to have been well planned in the past.

James Fisher Harris had signed an extension to remain and the Panthers, and we know that unfortunate circumstances resulted in JFH seeking an early release. However, as we know, the club are very good operators and are great at fending off the media from their dealings!

There is talk of Mitchell Moses not seeing his time through at the Eels. So either, Brown sees that as an opportunity to remain at the Eels long term and take the halfback spot, or he too look at getting out.

I personally don't think the club is set on our current halves as the way forward. I don't think the club is set on tinkering with what we have. Luke Metcalf's injury has thrown a spanner in the works as the club didn't get a chance to see enough. Maybe, we see him thrown into the squad this week against the Dolphins and give him the 4 games to show what we have to work with and best possible options/combinations for 2024.

I think we really need to do the hard sell on Nathan Cleary to come to NZ. After he wins his 4th what more for him is there really.
Finish the story with us.
I feel like this may not be such a pipe dream and may actually happen one day.. I think he is signed to 27.. he would be around 29.. so only leaves a 30 year old Nathan to wahs for 2 years..

Id hope they have some junior coming through that they might think lets offload Nathan (as he is bored with his 5 premierships in a row and wants to show himself as the true GOAT with multiple clubs). Dad would fully support this move for sure having a big soft spot for the Wahs..

Also surely the younger brother (Jett?) will try to push his ceiling close to Nathans to prove to the family his calibre also.. fingers crossed.

The 24 Premiership Cameron George said was our best chance and what the club has worked for has certainly shown to be a fizzer and Ciraldo is def the better coach based on this year. At worst the assistant coaching team needs a shake up as we are all sick of this mediocre sh*t when we have such a strong club.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back