• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I’ve heard rumours going around that Bunty will also be allowed to leave early provided a suitor comes to the table for him. Nothing from an official source, but that may explain why he hasn’t been given much opportunity this year.

Didn't the Warriors only re-sign Bunty because he was willing to take close to the minimum so he didn't have to leave NZ? Maybe he wanted one more year to test himself and it hasn't worked out. Either way, at most we'll gain a roster spot and little else. Interesting. considering we've got a little wiggle room in regards to roster spots already.

We won't know who's the better coach until next year or 2026, Webby will have his bounce back year and Ciraldo will have to navigate his "2nd year syndrome" after his first successful year
Spot on. So far it’s one surprise success year and one disappointing year each, and that’s if Dogs make it to the semi and we avoid 15th or wherever they finished last year.

For the golfers, Wahs ahead on aggregate I’d suggest.

One things for sure, they both look capable Coaches long term and for that I’m grateful, we finally have another genuine long term option and I’m as comfortable with him now as this time last year.

I think once Addin goes and we can line the walls with folks that want to be here, we’ll see where we’re at.

Spot on. So far it’s one surprise success year and one disappointing year each, and that’s if Dogs make it to the semi and we avoid 15th or wherever they finished last year.

For the golfers, Wahs ahead on aggregate I’d suggest.

One things for sure, they both look capable Coaches long term and for that I’m grateful, we finally have another genuine long term option and I’m as comfortable with him now as this time last year.

I think once Addin goes and we can line the walls with folks that want to be here, we’ll see where we’re at.
We are dropping, they are rising....

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Bulldogs didn't have to deal with any of the covid fallout Webby has had to. Webby well ahead at this point. Last year was straight up embarrassing for Ciraldo. Not great for Webby this year, but still can't really compare.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We really need a controlling 7, I don't think TMM CHT or Metcalf suits that type of play, especially the kicking game. Metcalf is the only one I'm thinking can be that guy, but he hasn't shown that yet. Jett Cleary is a roll the dice long term gamble, doubt he'll be close to NRL next year.

We're like the bronco's, always struggle without a true kicking general in the halves. There is no one like that available on the market, so I think we will make it work with what we have. At least we have cap with SJ out, but I'd way rather have a fit Johnson for 25 😔

We really need a controlling 7, I don't think TMM CHT or Metcalf suits that type of play, especially the kicking game. Metcalf is the only one I'm thinking can be that guy, but he hasn't shown that yet. Jett Cleary is a roll the dice long term gamble, doubt he'll be close to NRL next year.

We're like the bronco's, always struggle without a true kicking general in the halves. There is no one like that available on the market, so I think we will make it work with what we have. At least we have cap with SJ out, but I'd way rather have a fit Johnson for 25 😔
Ronald Volkman

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I was thinking about this when the Johnson news broke. He was released as with Johnson playing on there was more of an opportunity at the Dragons. That was fair enough.

Now that has probably swapped. There is more of an opportunity here than at the Dragons.

The last update sounds like he is motivated to get in shape and take advantage of an opportunity if it comes up.

I’ve heard rumours going around that Bunty will also be allowed to leave early provided a suitor comes to the table for him. Nothing from an official source, but that may explain why he hasn’t been given much opportunity this year.
Probably makes sense, despite Bunty being one of my favourite players. He’d be a good pick up for a SL club.

Probably makes sense, despite Bunty being one of my favourite players. He’d be a good pick up for a SL club.
Bunty played 21 games last year- we finished fourth
He has played sfa first grade this year - predict we finish 13 th
I m sure he d pick up a first grade spot at some other Nrl teams
He certainly isn’t on Websters favourites list.
Just looking at our team against the Dolphins. We ll get rolled. Reserves ….

Good luck Bunty another one of my favourite players

With Sj Jazz and Bunty gone we lose a link with a decade plus players - sad but it’s a business

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back