• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
We need a 7 for the future, and a fast winger. What are our options?

Could be worth trying Tuaupiki at FB and Metcalf and TMM as halves with Roger and CNK on the wing and centre. Should be better D than what we've currently been getting out of our centres.

I know Metcalf had spoken of wanting to be the 7 when SJ is gone, but we haven't really seen what kinda boot he has and if he can steer us around.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Thank you for everything SJ. It’s unfortunate you couldn’t go out on a high, but you will go down as one of the clubs greatest players. I still remember my first away game that my pops took me to as a kid, and it was the 2011 prelim vs the storm. Watching rookie SJ carve up against the likes of Slater, smith and Cronk still gives me goosebumps to this day. One of the best SJ moments I’ve witnessed in my time supporting the club.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Ok who plays 7 next year. Don't give me this TMM and CHT chat they aren't good.
The club is in an interesting position. Our short premiership window has now obviously closed, so do we go into full rebuild mode, or try and salvage a top 8 finish while many of our players have a year left on their contracts?

As much as I want to see our youngsters come through, I’m not sure I’d be able to endure another year of mediocrity and missing the 8. Hopefully the club can find a balance between the two and not end up in a full rebuild similar to the tigers.

The club is in an interesting position. Our short premiership window has now obviously closed, so do we go into full rebuild mode, or try and salvage a top 8 finish while many of our players have a year left on their contracts?

As much as I want to see our youngsters come through, I’m not sure I’d be able to endure another year of mediocrity and missing the 8. Hopefully the club can find a balance between the two and not end up in a full rebuild similar to the tigers.

I doubt SJ retirng changes much for 2025 as we probably had plans in place for him staying or going and it wouldn't have included picking up anyone from outside the club. We're going to continue on the path we're already on and see what happens.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I still wouldn't write off the Walker speculation. Often these rumours start and the player denies it and says they have no idea where the rumours are coming from.

Curran said the same thing to the Mad Butcher over the off season.

If it doesn't come up again soon or after the season closes fair enough. But I wouldn't be surprised if it comes up again after the season closes and teams start looking at their rosters and his management find some interest.

I still wouldn't write off the Walker speculation. Often these rumours start and the player denies it and says they have no idea where the rumours are coming from.

Curran said the same thing to the Mad Butcher over the off season.

If it doesn't come up again soon or after the season closes fair enough. But I wouldn't be surprised if it comes up again after the season closes and teams start looking at their rosters and his management find some interest.

Fair point, probably even more so now that they probably wouldn't want to overshadow SJ announcing his retirement with other player drama.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'm not so sure. Obviously still a bit of water to go under the bridge before round 1 2025 but surely having Metcalf named at 6 and TMM at 7 last week in cup is a pointer to how they are currently seen by the club?
I don't see LM as a 7 at all, but been wrong many times before. It's going to be interesting whatever.

Hope we don't lose Dylan Walker. He has some great playing qualities that the club desperately need in general for a 13. At least for 2025.

I don't see LM as a 7 at all, but been wrong many times before. It's going to be interesting whatever.

Hope we don't lose Dylan Walker. He has some great playing qualities that the club desperately need in general for a 13. At least for 2025.
Agree with all of this. Going to need Walker (and Tohu) next season.

The interesting piece will be if we can get someone else signed that can either play first grade or cup in the halves. We were looking tight for depth there already given the injury history of SJ, LM and TMM. Now even more so.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back