• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I'm not so sure. Obviously still a bit of water to go under the bridge before round 1 2025 but surely having Metcalf named at 6 and TMM at 7 last week in cup is a pointer to how they are currently seen by the club?

In the pre season they were named the same way but Metcalf spent more time on the ball than TMM which is usually what the halfback does.

I don't think either of them have really established themselves to be the dominant half either way so if we're going to do anything next year it will come down to the conbomination working together rather than which way around the 6 and 7 are.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
He also goes by the name Big Sexy.

No lies detected.

If the Dogs want to hold onto him and the Broncos are after him then our chances are close to nil.

remote.axd

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The club is in an interesting position. Our short premiership window has now obviously closed, so do we go into full rebuild mode, or try and salvage a top 8 finish while many of our players have a year left on their contracts?

As much as I want to see our youngsters come through, I’m not sure I’d be able to endure another year of mediocrity and missing the 8. Hopefully the club can find a balance between the two and not end up in a full rebuild similar to the tigers.

The club has made the finals 9 times in 30 seasons.

Talk of Premiership windows for a club like us is really quite ridiculous.

Even if it takes another 20 years there should be one goal and one goal only - to play finals every single year. Occasionally you will miss

If you play finals most years (like the Storm, or Roosters, or Penrith etc etc) then inevitably one of those years you will go good.

We made the finals 4 out of 5 years between 2007 and 2011 - one of them we got the GF.

It's why I asked the question that no one answered in the new thread - the question being "What does our year even mean"

Will we win the premiership next year? No. Will we make the finals next year? That is the only question that matters and should ever matter.

It takes 4 weeks to win a Premiership and 24 weeks to make the finals. Our focus needs to be on what we can do in the 24 weeks. Play enough finals series in a row and grand finals will come....

Last edited:
No lies detected.

If the Dogs want to hold onto him and the Broncos are after him then our chances are close to nil.

remote.axd
He is an upgrade on TMM/CHT/Metcalf
Not by a huge amount but an upgrade nonetheless
I think we should put our hat in the ring and offer the best price of the three offers.
Bad news is that he is signed 2024 and 2025 so we would need an early release for next season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
He also goes by the name Big Sexy. And would look good in Warriors colours!!!
Sexton grew up on the street I live on- his parents still live here- everyone says my son reminds them of him because he’s always out in the front yard with a ball.
Haven’t met him but his parents are lovely.
He’s become a bit of a meme on this site but he’s actually a bloody good player who got thrown to the wolves too early.
He’s a more natural halfback than anyone on our books.

Sexton grew up on the street I live on- his parents still live here- everyone says my son reminds them of him because he’s always out in the front yard with a ball.
Haven’t met him but his parents are lovely.
He’s become a bit of a meme on this site but he’s actually a bloody good player who got thrown to the wolves too early.
He’s a more natural halfback than anyone on our books.
How much does your son want? We got Shaun's money plus jazzes.

He is an upgrade on TMM/CHT/Metcalf
Not by a huge amount but an upgrade nonetheless
I think we should put our hat in the ring and offer the best price of the three offers.
Bad news is that he is signed 2024 and 2025 so we would need an early release for next season.
Jahrome Hughes would really move the dial, what would it take to convince him to come home and save us? How does 1.2 mill for 4 years sound Jdog

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back