28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka Halasima
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
He keeps making statements about what he will do like he made up his mind about every scenario in January. It's like he has no capacity to assess and make a decision based on what's happening in front of him now and everything is preplanned.
Gee I feel some of us are jumping hard and early on Webby - too soon FFS.

Exceeds all expectations last year, is dealing with the second year syndrome this year and for us - that’s a change to becomng the hunted.

He’s figuring out what’s working, not just now but potentially longer term, he’s open about making changes (TMM to lead ball player, RTS to Wing, Ford to prop etc) and we have time.

We may look like 13th this week but beat the Dogs (and we will), wash through the Bye and move into a far more forgiving run home and into the 8, as 5th or 6th.

Then it’s a new comp.

Chillax boys, we’re good.

Now save this fkn post - I’m sure it’ll age beautifully…

Exceeds all expectations last year, is dealing with the second year syndrome this year and for us - that’s a change to becomng the hunted.

He’s figuring out what’s working, not just now but potentially longer term, he’s open about making changes (TMM to lead ball player, RTS to Wing, Ford to prop etc) and we have time.

We may look like 13th this week but beat the Dogs (and we will), wash through the Bye and move into a far more forgiving run home and into the 8, as 5th or 6th.

Then it’s a new comp.

It'll age like wine.
Either way it will, but the question is: Will it get better with age or will it turn to vinegar?
That's what us unrealistic m'fers have to wait for.
I think you're right. Still very much Camp Webby. So he's got faults? Bet if you looked on the Storm forum or the Panthers forum they'll happily tell you Bellyache's/Ivan's blindspots and screwups....
Wayne Bennett didn't win his first Premiership until his fourth season and he's had a few cruddy seasons, let's not forget, Newcastle don't and it didn't end well at Brisbane...

TBF, there's being named in a position and then there's being played in a position.

Jeez, we don't give our coaches much leeway when it comes to making decisions we don't like/in hindsight might not have been the best idea the coach ever had, do we? Even when certain scenarios aren't available to the coach due to injuries etc...
The amount of shit talked about Webby over the last month or so, that open invitation to come over any damn time you likes and no, mate, you don't need to bring anything, I'll buy whatever your poison is has become: Call me before you come over cos it might not suit and fuck sake you can bring that shitty wine you like over yourself, I am not buying that for you anymore!

RTS wouldn't be the first player signed for Position A but ultimately best used in Position B.
Bruh can you translate your fever dream please?

Over at the knights they have a guy Barry Toohey who writes stuff regarding the club and seems to have plenty of knowledge on going ons around the knights. Saifiti is reportedly on $750k, and Toohey has questioned whether paying $400k a season to get rid of Saifiti is smart? It’s recognised over there that they will be paying at least $200-$300k of the remainder of his contract to see him go to another club. Think if the Warriors could him up at $450-$550k for the next 2 years of his contract, that would be worth the risk in seeing if a change of scenery is beneficial to his career. Seems like a hard working player that would only have professional traits to rub off on young forwards coming through

Then it’s a new comp.

its good to read something positive for once rather than all this negative crap ...Guys lol

We’ve had some issues this season, but have dominated field position in almost every game. We could use a back rower with X factor but hopefully Halasima steps into that role. Aside from that I think our pack is excellent as is.

Outside backs are more of a concern for me, not creating enough in the red zone and conceding too many tries out wide.
It’s tough, because who do you want to put in front of Halasima and Laban who seem to be progressing at a great rate. Someone like Capewell seems a good option with limited years remaining in his career and Niukore is proving he needs to be on an edge. Capewell still new to the environment over here, hopefully we see more in his performances soon but still maintain his professionalism is good for our young guys to be around too. Agree regarding Halasima and he could be that X factor in an edge. To think of his growth still to come all around is massively exciting

We have Marata as our x-factor edge rower.....and ya I think Halasima and Laban can take over from him eventually

We need an Ale or Sifakula to be groomed for that 13 role as Tohu's pretty much done and Walker's not getting younger, Sifakula if going to prop now then Ale needs game time at least from next year

Good to see Halasima extended.

I remember seeing somewhere he was on a contract that had him under contract for a few years with him being in the top 30 in 2026. That may not have been accurate as I can't remember where I saw it listed.

If it is it shows some faith to have him brought forward a year.

I know others have posted about his highlights or explosiveness. In the games I have seen, I've been impressed on him doing the basics of his role. A good base to build off.

Halasima is coming through very nicely, SG ball to 💙 Mighty NSW cup blooded last year, 💙 Mighty NSW fulltime this year, then next year start to make some appearances in NRL. We don't have many offloading tackle breaking forwards at the club, so I'm excited to see him come up.

I'm not keen on any of those older props to be honest. The only one I would remotely consider is Saifiti, because he would come cheap. RCG is a bit of cock. Paulo is slowing down a bit, missing a lot of tackles. Not sure the point of signing one of these guys, especially when I think Niuokre will be moved to the middle to accommodate a Laban/Halasima in the next year or 2.

It sounds like Saifiti, Paulo, and Campbell-Gillard might all be available-ish. Which would you choose if one were to come to the Wahs?
All seem like they’d have a decent work ethic with Paulo captain of the eels and Samoa. RCG with his boxing would surely be disciplined, he and Saifiti probably offer the height more in what recent Warriors targets have been. Paulo probably closer to an AFB frame. Would depend what portion of salary eels would be willing to pay with both Paulo and RCG on good money? Saifiti could be the least expensive with what knights might be prepared to contribute?

If they sign one of the props on the market they need to cut Tohu, Ford and Jazz IMO, unless Jazz is happy with basic salary and crisis back up with Bunty and mentor the Cup juniors

My concern is if we dont give our young blokes a crack in FG they will start looking around elsewhere.
Recall in Laban’s debut, he made comment of how a group of them had all made the decision to stay and turn out for the Warriors rather than chase the Aussie interest. Not that you’d want to rely on that though. Just wonder if there’s a concern of not rushing them with it being perhaps easier to string a few games together rather than a player that’s strung many first grade games together and held their position with consistency? We’ve had highly regarded players in the past that have had their careers ruined because of lack of consistency and changed positions in hope of that being the formula needed. It’s a catch 22 because players need the time to show their consistency but you can only trust that the coaching staff who are around them to see the reasons why a player is or isn’t being selected and the rationale behind it. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Halasima debut. He’s putting up the type of numbers consistently that say give me a go

what are you smoking?

20 years later and I’m still waiting… 🤷🏻‍♂️
1720061506266.jpeg

Good things come to those that wait

Back