28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka Halasima
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Don't be greedy bro! 😝

Haha nah, absolutely I think we have the money to do that. With Tohu, Jazz, and SJ's money coming up I think we'd have the cash, but imo wed only be looking at one - you gotta give out rookies some game time and realistically, one or two of Ale, Zyon Maiu’u, Laban, Sifakula and Halasima probably need to be in the team full time at that point.

Id go:
JFH
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Capewell
Walker

Willison/Saifiti
Ford
Ale
Laban/Halasima/Sifakula
Imagine the Broncos tears if we did take Willison, they'd need a hug. He sounds pretty committed to Brisbane so I can't see it happening unfortunately.

Don't be greedy bro! 😝

Haha nah, absolutely I think we have the money to do that. With Tohu, Jazz, and SJ's money coming up I think we'd have the cash, but imo wed only be looking at one - you gotta give out rookies some game time and realistically, one or two of Ale, Zyon Maiu’u, Laban, Sifakula and Halasima probably need to be in the team full time at that point.

Id go:
JFH
Egan
Barnett
Niukore
Capewell
Walker

Willison/Saifiti
Ford
Ale
Laban/Halasima/Sifakula

I’m going back and forth lol but I like the starting pack and maybe the bench can be

Lussick/CHT
Ale (Tohu’s current position, full time bench lock/cover prop)
Sifakula/Zyon Maiu’u (share games)
Laban/Halasima (share games)

Injury cover - Afoa, Jazz, Ford (starter cover)

If we say get Willison then he’ll take Sifakul/Zyon Maiu’u’s spot and those 2 will be first drop for injuries, then Jazz and Ford probably need to go or be on basic income as cover, or keep them with Tohu+SJ money but that can be spend somewhere else, maybe Dylan Brown is a real possibility using retirees’ $ and reduction or release on Jazz/Ford you could get both Brown and Willison

Why are we so keen on other clubs caste off than promote from within?
I agree, we have a bumper group of rookies in the 💙 Mighty NSW Cup team that are ready.
It's up to the coach but there were a few to side players looking over their shoulder and preseason 2025 will be very interesting!

Demetric Sifakula is going to be force in the NRL and will establish himself in short time, more so than Zyon Maiu’u who I imagine will benefit the most from playing under JFH. Next Moses Leota.
Leka Halasima is an impressive unit, the best version of Ukuma Ta'ai. Laban reminds me so much of Stephen Kearney, one of the Kiwis greatest.
From the backs Ali Leiataua makes it look easy and only after 2-3 games in the top side!

There will be others but these kids are standing out now..

Last edited:
At least once every three pages someone mentions Willison.
There is no rumour he is coming here. He is signed to the end of 2025 and can come here 2026 at earliest.

1. CNK
2. Marata
3. TMM
4. Walker
5. Metcalf
6. Barnett
7. Webby

I think these new faces kept the team fresh and motivated. They complimented perfectly with SJ, Tohu, AFB and Egan.

1. RTS
2. Capewell
3. CHT

With these additions we lost Curran, Sironen & Volkman. It hasn’t been the same.

2025 - we lose AFB, add JFH

I feel we need to move SJ, Tohu, Jazz, Montoya and Pompey. They need to be replaced with a mix of new recruits who will come with a point to prove. A fresh start.

The problem with extending our current players is they lose that desire to prove a point.

It’s tricky. Getting that recruitment balance right is so important

1. CNK
2. Marata
3. TMM
4. Walker
5. Metcalf
6. Barnett
7. Webby

I think these new faces kept the team fresh and motivated. They complimented perfectly with SJ, Tohu, AFB and Egan.

1. RTS
2. Capewell
3. CHT

With these additions we lost Curran, Sironen & Volkman. It hasn’t been the same.

2025 - we lose AFB, add JFH

I feel we need to move SJ, Tohu, Jazz, Montoya and Pompey. They need to be replaced with a mix of new recruits who will come with a point to prove. A fresh start.

The problem with extending our current players is they lose that desire to prove a point.

It's a long bow bro.

The 2023 recruits were pretty much a necessity due to the loss of our junior teams through Covid.

We recruited heavily for 2023 for a few reasons.

Returning from the covid period and coming back to New Zealand. We had quite a few players for various reasons not returning to New Zealand with the club.

More than the above it was out of necessity to turn the club around and it happened to fall when a lot of players were coming off contract. This is similar to going into the 2018 season where we recruited heavily.

I can't recall if it was this year or last year. But I remember reading an article that had how many players each team had coming off contract implying how active they would be in the market. We had the least amount. If we didn't we were closer to the bottom of the list.

We may have a spot or two for someone else after JFH. I'd say we'd be more likely to be active if we had some retirements or some players released.

Back