Pick Your Team Titans v Warriors - [Round 16, 2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends at the end of the day - I feel that there are going to be quite a lot of teams who are all in the mix as they keep beating each other - so I think from 6th position to about 12th there will likely only be 4-6 points between them.

I dunno, to me it's painfully clear that we have the right ingredients to win the whole comp, but the question is whether our cook will be able to come up with the correct recipe for our success.

I keep looking at a lot of those teams and can't help but feel that we are much better than most of them. But unfortunately we haven't shown that the whole year, as we dropped a couple of those games against the lesser teams. Even from here, we should make the 8 comfortable imo, but things like form, the ref and injuries have the potential to derail our charge completely.

I really really want us to finish 5th or 6th minimum. Rd 27 with the bye means that we will come in to the finals fresh, with a game in front of our fans and looking to go one game further than last year...

1718674524057.png

A lot more at play this weekend than meets the eye.
The Broncos, Cowboys, Dragons and Knights have the bye which is an automatic 2 points. The first 3 are a point ahead of us on the ladder, the Knights one point behind.
We def need to win this game.

Lol man I get so friggin confused because of the byes and everyone having 3 at different times so it's really hard to see how many we need to win to make the 8, or figure out who's the best/worst in attack and defence as everyone's played different amount of games.

For me, I'm just looking at the win column - we all have 3 byes by the end of the year so they don't worry me too much, but if you look at the win column were only 2 wins off of 4th and 5th position.

We've got 2 byes and a fairly softer draw from Rd 19-27, playing Tigers, Eels, and Bulldogs at home, with Raiders, Dolphins, Sharks and Dogs away.

Realistically we should/need to win 4-6 of those unless something turns to shit. Add in a couple of wins against Titans, Broncos and Bulldogs before the bye and I think we'll be pushing for 3rd-5th spot.

Lol man I get so friggin confused because of the byes and everyone having 3 at different times so it's really hard to see how many we need to win to make the 8, or figure out who's the best/worst in attack and defence as everyone's played different amount of games.

For me, I'm just looking at the win column - we all have 3 byes by the end of the year so they don't worry me too much, but if you look at the win column were only 2 wins off of 4th and 5th position.

We've got 2 byes and a fairly softer draw from Rd 19-27, playing Tigers, Eels, and Bulldogs at home, with Raiders, Dolphins, Sharks and Dogs away.

Realistically we should/need to win 4-6 of those unless something turns to shit. Add in a couple of wins against Titans, Broncos and Bulldogs before the bye and I think we'll be pushing for 3rd-5th spot.

Yup I look at win/loss not byes, it's like other teams have byes so it's a must win, I'm like oh well we have 2 more byes ie 4 free points coming up 🤷‍♀️

We're basically 1 win outside the top 8 and I sure hope we do better than scrapping to No.8

And I agree our pack has 3 beasts, a current origin veteran and Walker, with a bunch of energizing juniors, we should be feared and winning, not juggling to keep everyone's feelings intact

Yup I look at win/loss not byes, it's like other teams have byes so it's a must win, I'm like oh well we have 2 more byes ie 4 free points coming up 🤷‍♀️

We're basically 1 win outside the top 8 and I sure hope we do better than scrapping to No.8

And I agree our pack has 3 beasts, a current origin veteran and Walker, with a bunch of energizing juniors, we should be feared and winning, not juggling to keep everyone's feelings intact
Good time to introduce a few younguns.
We are short on speed energy and enthusiasm.

Good time to introduce a few younguns.
We are short on speed energy and enthusiasm.

Yup, that was the most glaring difference during the three win streak compared to the losing run - energy and enthusiasm.

Wasn't able to catch much of the game on Saturday but sounds like that dipped even with the stats suggesting it should have been a dominant game.

Couldn't get back at Melbourne for their late win earlier this year, is revenge for letting Titans get their first win of the year against us on the cards?

28 points is normally the cut off point. We are sitting on 15 after round 15. Add on two byes takes us to 19. Therefore, we would need to win 4.5 games to reach 28. (we play Broncos, Tigers, Eels, Bulldogs at home and Titans, Raiders, Dolphins, Eagles, Bulldogs and Sharks away).
Broncos - W
Tigers - W
Eels - W
Bulldogs 1 - W
Titans - W
Raiders - W
Dolphins - W
Eagles - W
Bulldogs 2 - W
Sharks - L

37 points.

Broncos - W
Tigers - W
Eels - W
Bulldogs 1 - W
Titans - W
Raiders - W
Dolphins - W
Eagles - W
Bulldogs 2 - W
Sharks - L

37 points.
Meanwhile in reality, I feel this is quite possible:
Titans - W
Broncos (with Walsh) - L
Bulldogs 1 - W
Bye
Raiders - W
Tigers - W
Eels - L
Dolphins - W
Eagles - W
Bulldogs 2 - L
Sharks - L
Bye
31 points, but should be ahead of the bottleneck courtesy of our 1 point draw advantage, depending on other team's results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back