• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Titans vs Warriors - [Round 16, 2024]

Titans vs Warriors

Titans

Kickoff In:

Cbus Super Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Was just thinking wasn’t Roger running towards the right when he did this triple play against the Knights? Maybe they can get him to run that line especially in our own half at right centre

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1711882148.mov
    12.9 MB
NZWarriors.com
Honestly, Tohu’s been looking down in the dumps lately. Going through the motions at post match, frustrated after his play the ball error last game.

I think he knows he’s not keeping up with the youngsters anymore, even though he’s putting in the effort and giving his all.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he retires rather than playing on next year.

Honestly, Tohu’s been looking down in the dumps lately. Going through the motions at post match, frustrated after his play the ball error last game.

I think he knows he’s not keeping up with the youngsters anymore, even though he’s putting in the effort and giving his all.

Sadly, I think you are right. Crazy (and sad) how fast the fade happens. Last year he was one of our must haves in the lineup every week

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Sadly, I think you are right. Crazy (and sad) how fast the fade happens. Last year he was one of our must haves in the lineup every week

I'm still in denial if I'm honest. I'm a Tohu sympathiser and refuse to acknowledge what's going on.

If he's too slow to play the link role at 13, surely simplifying his role so he's a 40 minute prop who offloads or can push that pass occasionally is a possibility.

I'm still in denial if I'm honest. I'm a Tohu sympathiser and refuse to acknowledge what's going on.

If he's too slow to play the link role at 13, surely simplifying his role so he's a 40 minute prop who offloads or can push that pass occasionally is a possibility.
Yeah agreed. He even admitted in a recent interview on the NRL website that coming on off the bench was better as the players were slower "like him".

Yes as an injury fill in or to cover a youngster if they need break. But we desperately need to get
Ale
Laban
Zyon Maiu’u

all on the field together so they feed off each others energy.

He's been quoted as saying he's carrying a big injury since the backend of last year like you say he's not young anymore but he still offers great ball linking.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
He's been quoted as saying he's carrying a big injury since the backend of last year like you say he's not young anymore but he still offers great ball linking.
Where is this quote? The only article I recall seeing at the start of the season was that he's perfectly healthy but wears the bandages to make his family feel reassured.

EDIT: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/03/28/tale-of-the-tape-the-story-behind-tohus-strapping/

Perhaps not 'perfectly healthy' but no mention of a big injury.

Struck me as a bullshit theory at the time, and does more so now too. There could be some big discussions being held behind closed doors?
I'd say we wouldn't have extended him if there was any hint of a major injury that he's had for a long period of time.

Players just get old and slow unfortunately.

I'd say we wouldn't have extended him if there was any hint of a major injury that he's had for a long period of time.

Players just get old and slow unfortunately.
I said in the pre season I had hoped to see some alterations in the way Tohu was used because I thought there were signs that he didn’t cope at times last year with the load. Tohu is apart of that leadership group that is instilling the ethic we want in the young guys coming through and still has place in doing this. Just think the club needs to be smarter with his role on the field

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back