• B

• C

• F----

Results are only viewable after voting.

mt.wellington

Contributor
Warriors v Raiders - [Round 3, 2024] POST MATCH

2021 NRL Round 3 vs Raiders 002.jpg

The official NZWF thread for all post match discussion on this weeks game. Celebrate. Vent. Who were your stand outs? Who needs to be dropped? Man of the match (MOM)?

Discuss...

Last edited:
fuck man i know a lot of you guys reckon refs are 100% neutral but fuck me days. what was that???

also CHT takes 14 when he’s got the lungs back.

and also metcalf ran montoya out of space for a certain try. kicking getting better though. and was wide open all the way to the line if jacko ford? shoveled it to his left. great try but it was 93% DWZ.

no forced HIA for rapana? but tuaupiki forced off?

captains challenges were fucking laughable man

that play the ball with no balance and control or whatever it was?! when the fuck was one of those last blown???

rog is getting better every week.
rocco berry omfg.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4tojHPyUoN/?igsh=ZTUzMG1uMXhjYnFl

Last edited:
Good win. We finally decided to finish the game strong. And see it thru 80min.

Rapana is a asshole. I saw CHT ghost him post game. Good job. Fuck him.

We’re not full strength yet. Someone said in the game day thread, and I agree,

“The first win is always hard after a few loses”.

First things first, we needed that win badly so thank god we got it! That was one hell of a nerve wracking watch though, both teams wanted it badly.

Some other thoughts:
- There were some fing bewildering decisions both ways. It swung heavily to the Raiders early which I was steaming about, and then swung back our way before that rubbish bunker call with CHT being taken out.
- The fact that Rapana was able to stay on the field and not even go for an HIA assessment was a huge decision, yet Taine goes off and we have to reshuffle our backline immensely. This had a huge bearing on the remaining time played out as they targeted that right edge but thankfully held strong.
- The Raiders played that grinding tough style that they are renown for and credit to them to be fair exceeding expectations so far.
- How good is Timoko! I knew he was good, but have an even greater amount of respect for him after this game.
- There was some key guys that stood up today. SJ was fantastic at guiding the team around the park, RTS with some big plays, but without AFB I dont think we go on with it (special mention to Harris...I didnt include him as he just does what Tohu does each and every week).
- Rocco had another really good game and is growing from week to week.
- Couple of other guys that deserve some wraps I believe. Jazz brought the energy off the bench tonight that helped immensely. Tom Ale deserves more game time, he did all that he could when he was on as well.
- But geez we miss those key guys in Egan, CNK, Niukore, and Walker. We just looked a bit clunky and out of sorts at times.

I will enjoy the fact that it was a W, but I havent enjoyed it as much as I maybe should've! Hell of a lot of work to do if we are to believe we can give this competition a shake.

Hard to read that one.

I think if we lost that, heads would've dropped and our season possibly in turmoil after all effort and no result, so glad we got that one!

Potentially though, the Raiders are the real deal as a top 8 team, they werent going to give up, they played bloody well.

Season begins boys.

Just for Inruin Inruin Metcalf player of the day hahahahaha just a bit of banter bruv 😘

Back