General Centres for 2024

Who will be our 2 centres next years

• Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

• Adam Pompey

• Rocco Berry

• Ali Leiutaua

• Other option

Results are only viewable after voting.
Log jam with centres next year. We have 4 NRL standard centres fighting for 2 spots.

So who will be our starting centres next year?

We all assume RTS will take one spot so the question really is who is the second centre?

Will anyone move to wing to fit all the talent in?
Will anyone be released?
Which side will your choices play on?

How do we make this work?

Easy one for me.
I’m surprised Rogers not even getting a look in at Fullback, CNK’s good for us but he’s no RTS, Can’t see him ever winning a Dally m at fullback. Not too fussed either way

1. Rts
2. Leiataua
3. Berry
4. Pompey

This would be my back line

Tuivasa-scheck
Tu/Kosi
Nicoll-Klokstad
Leiataua
Watene-zelezniak
Metcalf
Johnson.
🔫

Last edited:
Easy one for me.
I’m surprised Rogers not even getting a look in at Fullback, CNK’s good for us but he’s no RTS, Can’t see him ever winning a Dally m at fullback. Not too fussed either way

1. Rts
2. Leiataua
3. Berry
4. Pompey

This would be my back line

Tuivasa-scheck
Tu/Kosi
Nicoll-Klokstad
Leiataua
Watene-zelezniak
Metcalf
Johnson.
🔫
If RTS was full black then CNK would be first pick center considering Berry/Pompey are trash. Saying we have four nrl first grade centers is generous. RTS is first picked and hasn't even played the position, Ali is probably next and has played one game. Montoya is probably better than Berry/Pompey.

The justification of berry around kick chase is dense AF. Dude doesn't even contest kicks which means all hes doing is tackling someone which anyone can do. Gets the least meters in the nrl. Pompey is better but too dumb.

Honestly I wonder if Kata would get picked ahead of pompey and berry.

So who will be our starting centres next year?
RTS is obviously one. Which side he plays on and how quickly he adapts to the position will be interesting. I think the side RTS plays on may dictate who the other player is.
So the question really is who is the second centre?
I think RTS will play right centre. Berry and Pompey have been solid enough this season without being overly dynamic or spectacular. Out of the two I'm picking Pompey over Berry to play left centre. I would like to see Ali Leiataua developed further and get a few more games in first grade but has a big future - it wouldn't surprise me to see him end up in the second row. Up until the last month or two I was leaning towards Montoya as the man to partner RTS in the centres but his form has slipped quite noticeably. So, I think we will see a bit of a mix of players there. I'd go with Montoya to start there.
Will anyone move to wing to fit all the talent in?
Which side will your choices play on?
How do we make this work?
We lack speed and agility in our outside backs. Watching other teams like the Roosters or Broncos makes me envious. We have very little strike options and we rely on SJ to create for us. RTS addresses this some what and would have him playing right centre with rocks and diamonds DWZ. Left centre I would have Montoya with Metcalf on the wing or if he is not recovered it would be Kosi. Tuapiki could be an interesting option but I do wonder if he is a bit too light weight. I struggle to understand why we can't find an athletic, fast winger in this country.

CNK
Metcalf
Montoya
RTS
DWZ
TMM
SJ

Back