• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Centres for 2025

Who’s your 2 starting centres for 2025?

• Total voters
If MGT is near first grade based on the last 2 games he's had, we've got issues.

I was in his corner big time and he played his way out of the team unfortunately.

Didn't give Webby too many headaches on that front and probably a long way back for him.

As it stands 3 of Berry, Pompey, TT, Kosi, CNK & Ali will not be in the first choice back 5. MGT is probably behind them all now.

NZWarriors.com
It's very much an imperfect situation.

My big question about Berry is - "what is his ceiling?"

For me we saw rapid improvement into a plateau. Is there more improvement in him?

When you look at Ali you have something that could be really special. When I look at Berry I don't see special, I see solid.

Nothing wrong with solid, but usually it's replaceable.
He and Pompey seem like they could transition to the second row and make a decent fist of it. Good defenders and run good lines. We’ve got some good ones coming through too

He and Pompey seem like they could transition to the second row and make a decent fist of it. Good defenders and run good lines. We’ve got some good ones coming through too

The other thing with our injury issues is anyone in NSW cup will find their way in soon enough.

For all his talent there are big questions over Ali's durability.

To call on Pompey or Berry is pretty effective

I was in his corner big time and he played his way out of the team unfortunately.

Didn't give Webby too many headaches on that front and probably a long way back for him.

As it stands 3 of Berry, Pompey, TT, Kosi, CNK & Ali will not be in the first choice back 5. MGT is probably behind them all now.
Think it was on the wing that the roosters gave MGT his debut?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The other thing with our injury issues is anyone in NSW cup will find their way in soon enough.

For all his talent there are big questions over Ali's durability.

To call on Pompey or Berry is pretty effective
I get the feeling Pompey would prefer to stay in NZ, so likely to stick around? Berry reportedly asked for a release a season or two back, so could get itchy feet if not playing first grade. Think we’ll see good games from the young guys coming through, but consistency is what’s needed and it’s the players like Pompey and Berry that have strung plenty of games together that provide that. It’s definitely Ali’s once he’s got that consistency, RTS hasn’t worked so CNK becomes a viable option with his cohesiveness with DWZ from fullback

It's very much an imperfect situation.

My big question about Berry is - "what is his ceiling?"

For me we saw rapid improvement into a plateau. Is there more improvement in him?

When you look at Ali you have something that could be really special. When I look at Berry I don't see special, I see solid.

Nothing wrong with solid, but usually it's replaceable.
It is, Ali for me is the default centre in this team.

My thought process is more on that side DWZ can finish a try but the rest is lacking. All I want from that centre is a strong defender who can make the right call in the play.

For me thats an all effort player, which berry has shown to be. In a perfect word cause he's 23 he’ll hit his peak and exceed what he did last year, however if he continues on with seasons at the level of last year I still believe he has that spot on lock.

That being said his development was greatly hindered by covid so there is every chance that last season could be a peak in which case I would go pompey as next up.

TLDR is that Berry for me slightly edges Pompey basis keeping atleast 2023 form

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The more I think about the centre pairing going forward, it's only Berry and Leiataua both young and hungry.

I just hope webby can get some nice early shifts to open those guys up. Berry's role should change slightly and he should run a lot more.

But I'm sold on CNK, RTS, and DWZ being the kick return guys and the yardage guys.

1 C N K
2 DWZ
3 Berry
4 Leiataua
5 RTS

Pompey and Taufa back up centres and Kali a wing?

The more I think about the centre pairing going forward, it's only Berry and Leiataua both young and hungry.

I just hope webby can get some nice early shifts to open those guys up. Berry's role should change slightly and he should run a lot more.

But I'm sold on CNK, RTS, and DWZ being the kick return guys and the yardage guys.

1 C N K
2 DWZ
3 Berry
4 Leiataua
5 RTS

Pompey and Taufa back up centres and Kali a wing?
As we’ve seen all year yardage isn’t a problem. We need backs who can create in good ball

Back